Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

There’s a reason why we’re posting this year’s review in separate months in this thread.
We understand that most of you have followed every Spotlight post since we started, but we gain new followers now on a daily basis. So it gives them a chance to look back on the thread and see each individual post.
If anyone has any questions about any post then please feel free to ask us. We can’t thank you enough for your kind comments and the offers of assistance.
The people that have helped us (and you know who you are) then all we can say is thank you.
I don’t want to sound patronising but please remember this. Spotlight exists for one reason. For the voices to be heard that suffered at the hands of that club. Spotlight will fight to the end no matter how long it takes.
Any normal human being would do the same. Unfortunately in our wee country we are classed as enemies of the state (if that’s the correct term)
I know that if you had heard the personal accounts that Spotlight have heard, and how it’s affected these gentlemen and their families then you would do the same.
This takes time and effort from a group of people that are just like you. We’re nothing special. We just decided to take it on.
What makes us proud is that people are listening. Not only journalists, but others use our research.
Nobody took us seriously when we started. Times have changed. The reason Spotlight continues is we state facts.
We thank you for all your kind words and please remember the people who suffered. A lot of them are on this forum.
I was looking for video on
There’s a reason why we’re posting this year’s review in separate months in this thread.
We understand that most of you have followed every Spotlight post since we started, but we gain new followers now on a daily basis. So it gives them a chance to look back on the thread and see each individual post.
If anyone has any questions about any post then please feel free to ask us. We can’t thank you enough for your kind comments and the offers of assistance.
The people that have helped us (and you know who you are) then all we can say is thank you.
I don’t want to sound patronising but please remember this. Spotlight exists for one reason. For the voices to be heard that suffered at the hands of that club. Spotlight will fight to the end no matter how long it takes.
Any normal human being would do the same. Unfortunately in our wee country we are classed as enemies of the state (if that’s the correct term)
I know that if you had heard the personal accounts that Spotlight have heard, and how it’s affected these gentlemen and their families then you would do the same.
This takes time and effort from a group of people that are just like you. We’re nothing special. We just decided to take it on.
What makes us proud is that people are listening. Not only journalists, but others use our research.
Nobody took us seriously when we started. Times have changed. The reason Spotlight continues is we state facts.
We thank you for all your kind words and please remember the people who suffered. A lot of them are on this
Interesting that it's now impossible to find any video clips on-line of Martin Henry discussing the SFA 'enquiry' (or maybe I'm not digging deeply enough). Wonder why that might be?
Came across this article

If you need paper, ink or stationary let me know and I’m happy to help out.

As I’ve said many times you Team are a credit to yourself and you’re families and the survivors who have been ignored by their own families in some cases and some have even taken hush money over doing what was right for their boys will have a newfound spring in their steps knowing someone believes them. Money isn’t important to many as you and I know it’s the fact no one would listen to them and the ones who were listened to were made to feel guilty about themselves.

Keep on the path mate as your making a difference to the poor guys life’s , it doesn’t matter what colour strip they support or what team the bastards who abused the boys worked for as a lowlife is a lowlife

Thanks very much J. Your words are appreciated.

You will remember, we have always stated that a Full Independent inquiry is needed into all of Scottish football.

The SFA Review was very far from that J.

See Blackford names the alleged abuser at Fettes using parliamentary privilege but still ignores the abuse at Parkhead and condones the cover up the hypocrite
So, based on what the fat Nat has done in Parliament, could the spotlight team now put pressure on him to either do the same with the already convicted abusers or call him out on why the Fettes College cases are more relevant than the CBC cases?

So, based on what the fat Nat has done in Parliament, could the spotlight team now put pressure on him to either do the same with the already convicted abusers or call him out on why the Fettes College cases are more relevant than the CBC cases?
Open goal as far as I am concerned

A question worth asking - condemn or condone

I think Spotlight @BN94 @Grigo Yossarian might want to have a look at this article

A victim of grooming has confronted Shona Robison who is SNP Govt minister of leaking private details to the alleged abusers is surely a data protection breach and possible criminal act

From the article in the Express

LGBT Youth Scotland (LGBTYS), which is part funded by the Scottish Government ,was forced to refer itself to Police Scotland after historical grooming allegations came to light.

Sam Cowie, one of the complainants, wrote to social justice secretary Shona Robison, asking for an independent review into the relationship between LGBTYS and the group's former chief executive, James Rennie, who was convicted of running Scotland's biggest paedophile network.

If this victim Sam Cowie can prove his allegations the SNP Govt might have some questions to answer given they have ignored all the CBC a abuse victims

Defo something worth investigating given James Rennie and that creep Martin Henry set up LGBTYS and Henry led the SFA investigation into CSA within Scottish football

This link is scary given senior SNP politicians have breached confidentiality rules and this is another red flag that the SNP Govt are complicit in a covering up paedos in Scotland

I think Spotlight @BN94 @Grigo Yossarian might want to have a look at this article

A victim of grooming has confronted Shona Robison who is SNP Govt minister of leaking private details to the alleged abusers is surely a data protection breach and possible criminal act

LGBT Youth Scotland (LGBTYS), which is part funded by the Scottish Government ,was forced to refer itself to Police Scotland after historical grooming allegations came to light.

Sam Cowie, one of the complainants, wrote to social justice secretary Shona Robison, asking for an independent review into the relationship between LGBTYS and the group's former chief executive, James Rennie, who was convicted of running Scotland's biggest paedophile network.

If this victim Sam Cowie can prove his allegations the SNP Govt might have some questions to answer given they have ignored all the CBC a abuse victims

Defo something worth investigating given James Rennie and that creep Martin Henry set up LGBTYS and Henry led the SFA investigation into CSA within Scottish football

This link is scary given senior SNP politicians have breached confidentiality rules and this is another red flag that the SNP Govt are complicit in a covering up paedos in Scotland

Thanks Div1872.

Will get it to the team mate.

I admire the bravery & the resolve of all the victims - no one should ever have to suffer like this & then have to face unresponsive authorities after the event

I've posted before about the police's role in all this
Crime & Investigation documentaries on T.V. would have us all believe the police are relentless in tracking down & prosecuting culprits committing almost any offence -
yet it would appear they've been less than cooperative in so many instances during these investigations
I have to wonder why

I dare say I'm unaware of what's gone on behind the public's back - & I realise there's a limit to what legalitiies may allow when it comes to full reporting -
but from what I can see it's almost like the police are trying to ignore as much as possible

I admire the bravery & the resolve of all the victims - no one should ever have to suffer like this & then have to face unresponsive authorities after the event

I've posted before about the police's role in all this
Crime & Investigation documentaries on T.V. would have us all believe the police are relentless in tracking down & prosecuting culprits committing almost any offence -
yet it would appear they've been less than cooperative in so many instances during these investigations
I have to wonder why

I dare say I'm unaware of what's gone on behind the public's back - & I realise there's a limit to what legalitiies may allow when it comes to full reporting -
but from what I can see it's almost like the police are trying to ignore as much as possible
Possible/probable involvement,who knows? Hopefully someone!

Seb Leslie

@LesliePolitics
·
Jan 16

Replying to
@LesliePolitics
The above quote from Gordon Woods. A valiant, brave and persistent man of honour. The SNP have just ignored him because they want to control the Cathoilic vote. Not this Catholic.
@Jacob_Rees_Mogg

@MPIainDS
======================================

And here you have the very reason they couldn't wait to dump Rangers out of the Premier League- to please their Celtic voters . And like so many things the SNP mess with they end up costing the taxpayers millions upon millions.

Probably 100% of Septic supporter will vote for the SNP and independence!

@SuellaBraverman

Horrific. Shona Robison should be sacked for this clear breach and investigated for a criminal offence.

Seb Leslie
@LesliePolitics
·
Jan 16

Replying to
@LesliePolitics
The above quote from Gordon Woods. A valiant, brave and persistent man of honour. The SNP have just ignored him because they want to control the Cathoilic vote. Not this Catholic.
@Jacob_Rees_Mogg

@MPIainDS
======================================

And here you have the very reason they couldn't wait to dump Rangers out of the Premier League- to please their Celtic voters . And like so many things the SNP mess with they end up costing the taxpayers millions upon millions.

Probably 100% of Septic supporter will vote for the SNP and independence!

@SuellaBraverman
A few ex Celtic players voted No. Including their greatest ever Captain.

See Blackford names the alleged abuser at Fettes using parliamentary privilege but still ignores the abuse at Parkhead and condones the cover up the hypocrite
Isn't this Tony Blair's former school?

I seem to remember some chit chat about him being victim of some dodgy doings when he was there.

Fettes is known as "Fetish" in Edinburgh. Seems it's quite a place, so to speak.

Isn't this Tony Blair's former school?

I seem to remember some chit chat about him being victim of some dodgy doings when he was there.

Fettes is known as "Fetish" in Edinburgh. Seems it's quite a place, so to speak.
Another ‘Fettesgate’ scandal on the horizon?

Surely it’s time for Douglas Ross and Anas Sarwar and Alex Cole-Hamilton to call out the SNP Govt for their failure to investigate CSA across Scotland

FFS they are providing £1.275,000 to a dodgy AF company with their founders being the biggest convicted paedos in Scotland

This is an open goal but the opposition all seem scared to highlight this scandal and the SNPs lack of accountability to comment as they have said phuck all for years and ignored victims of CSA at Bheast FC

Surely it’s time for Douglas Ross and Anas Sarwar and Alex Cole-Hamilton to call out the SNP Govt for their failure to investigate CSA across Scotland

FFS they are providing £1.275,000 to a dodgy AF company with their founders being the biggest convicted paedos in Scotland

This is an open goal but the opposition all seem scared to highlight this scandal and the SNPs lack of accountability to comment as they have said phuck all for years and ignored victims of CSA at Bheast FC
You'll probably find the Labour, Tories and Libs each have at least one wrong un among them. Past or present.

This is how they operate.

It's the same as when fans complained about Celtic and their details were sent directly to Celtic (I think it was Fare?).

Shona Robison must not be allowed to get away with this.

Edit...(without derailing the main thread) can anyone find any mention of this incident in the press outwith FollowFollow? I wasn’t sure if I was correct that it was Fare and tried to find out, but there is no mention of it anywhere except on here. Was it reported at the time or has it been whitewashed?

Last edited:
Seeing him found guilty would be a nice birthday gift.

BB
There’s a good chance that this will be delayed again as there’s a massive backlog of cases in the courts at the moment.
One thing is certain though. This animal is definitely fit enough to attend court.
We have the evidence that he can walk the streets unaided. This includes going shopping, speaking to neighbours, and what’s more alarming is he walks past a school.

There’s a good chance that this will be delayed again as there’s a massive backlog of cases in the courts at the moment.
One thing is certain though. This animal is definitely fit enough to attend court.
We have the evidence that he can walk the streets unaided. This includes going shopping, speaking to neighbours, and what’s more alarming is he walks past a school.

Surely given the prevous delays the judge can intervene?

Justice must not only be done – it must be seen to be done.
Surely any more adjournments to this case would make a mockery of our already laughable justice system when it comes to holding paedophiles responsible for their heinous actions.

I would argue that the rape of a child (calling it CSA doesn’t do it justice) is potentially the worst crime that can be committed, murder is normally classified as the worst however paedophilia is always perpetrated on a completely innocent victim whilst this is not always the case with murder.
State sponsored murder ie capital punishment only stopped in the UK in 1964 and even to this day soldiers are trained by a branch of the government (MOD) to fire off a 5 round grouping into the centre of an enemy combatants chest/head so some murders are justifiable by the state whereas child rape NEVER is.
The pathetically light sentences handed down to the subhuman scum who prey on innocent children is an affront to the whole of an overwhelmingly decent society.

Last edited:
The decades of abuse carried out and covered up is unprecedented.?
The stance and actions to protect an institution, unforgivable.
What is more important, victims and survivors lives ,or an organisation where multiple failings and criminality was allowed to continue for years.
Justice has become increasingly difficult to achieve in this country apparently,
Those affected are still to this day being let down terribly by multiple parties.

Along with our associates, we have been looking into some judges past and present. Without going into too much detail at the moment, there is definitely some questions to be answered on some of these individuals.

Ive a fair idea of one you have in mind.

Lord C

Every time I see an update on this thread I get my hopes up that something concrete has happened to finally nail that club.
May be wishful thinking but hopefully that day will come.
Me too but getting to the stage where think it'll just fizzle out.

Seems like the more delays, the more of the rancid bastards die off and head to the gates of hell.

Seems like the more delays, the more of the rancid bastards die off and head to the gates of hell.
Some of the perpetrators may avoid justice by dying, but Celtic will still be here and they will undoubtedly face justice. As I said some may dodge justice but the vast majority won't, they will go down for the hell they have put innocent children through. I also think more abusers will come to light, plus there are the enablers to be dealt with.
This was never going to be an easy ride. The victims and Spotlight have been up against some very influential people in their fight for justice and things take longer than any of us would like, but make no mistake the forces of good are winning, every day they get stronger and at some point the stalling tactics will end. Please remember the victims read this thread and they don't need any negativity, this has been a long fight for them and they have had to relive the horrors they were put through. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture and you'll see the amount of progress that has been made, each step forward is a step nearer justice for the victims.

Some of the victims actually read this.

Great strides have been made in gathering evidence..of course this also takes time to proof check as being 100% factual. .

Im not involved with the Spotlight team personally but i have followed and commented on this thread and whole sorry saga from page one onwards and Spotlight only post facts.

As Brox said..Celtic aint going anywhere and one day they will inevitably have to stand up and put thier big boy pants on and face those victims...and face justice.

Back