What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

Ferrybear73

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.

The Ramsdens cup final v Raith. To say things were heated leaving the game was an understatement. We were utterly pathetic and that was the day that even the most stubborn of McCoist’s fans snapped.

Losing at home to Annan Athletic ranks pretty high, also.

There are a lot to chose from....

Mine was the first 6 months of the first Championship season.

The boycott was in full flow, it felt like everyday we woke up to more bad news from off the park, on the park we where an absolute shambles under Ally.

Remember after the AGM (tent on the pitch) thinking that I can't see us ever recovering.

If King didn't buy those shares then I don't think we ever would.

Amazing to think it was just 8 years from that season and us making an European final again.

There was quite a few,sadly.
Awful cup tie at home drawing 1-1 with Albion Rovers.
0-0 away at Cowdenbeath as mentioned above,just about left you speechless.
Ramsdens Final v Raith,brilliant support that day but utterly dreadful performance.
Losing 3-2 away at Alloa in the challenge cup after being up two up with less than 20 minutes left,felt like greeting walking out of the ground,everyone was just stunned.
:(

Losing a two goal lead at Alloa in the Ramsden Cup semi final in December 2014 in the final days of the McCoist era.

That season as a whole was genuinely the worst time of my life supporting us. There just didn't seem to be any way out of where we were and the spivs were running riot. I was convinced we were heading to be a feeder club for Newcastle reserves.

There was quite a few,sadly.
Awful cup tie at home drawing 1-1 with Albion Rovers.
0-0 away at Cowdenbeath as mentioned above,just about left you speechless.
Losing 3-2 away at Alloa in the challenge cup after being up two up with less than 20 minutes left,felt like greeting walking out of the ground,everyone was just stunned.
:(
I remember Hearts had actually just beaten Cowdenbeath 10-0 at Tynecastle before that result. Shows how bad we were m8.

I remember Hearts had actually just beaten Cowdenbeath 10-0 at Tynecastle before that result. Shows how bad we were m8.
Yeah,think it was the week before that Hearts won,so we went there expecting a win at least :rolleyes: was one of many low points,depressing when you think back.

Ramsdens Cup final was the ultimate humiliation. It was one of the worst feelings I’ve ever felt watching a football match, and that includes watching two losing European finals.

A horrendous day all round.

Also, watching some of the most turgid, horrible and boring football your ever likely to see in your life.

Dark days, thankfully never, EVER, to be seen again.

We lost a last minute or really late equaliser at Ibrox to draw 1-1 with some team who had been down to 10 men for most of the game. It was fucking freezing. I want to say Elgin or Annan but really can't be arsed looking it up or I might get the urge to stab myself in the face. Thanks OP.

It’s all a blur TBH.

The Motherwell play-offs were gutting. Condemned to another year of lower league football by shipping six goals to the second-worst team in the SPL was humiliating.

On the other hand we were blessed with this immortal photo:

Challenge Cup defeat.

Scraping a draw with Albion Rovers in the cup.

Losing 3-2 to someone after being 2-0 up.

Losing to that team whose manager was away getting married.

Etc.

Etc.

Still, it all ended happily:

Alloa as mentioned previously but probably Annan at home for me. I remember being at both games and at the Annan game I was going to leave early as I was that scunnered. I’ll never forget their was an old guy next to me who tapped my on the shoulder and said ‘ you have to endure the lows to appreciate the highs’. Was wise words and within 10 year we were in a euro final. Simply one of the greatest ever sporting achievements

It’s all a blur TBH.

The Motherwell play-offs were gutting. Condemned to another year of lower league football by shipping six goals to the second-worst team in the SPL was humiliating.

On the other hand we were blessed with this immortal photo:

Challenge Cup defeat.

Scraping a draw with Albion Rovers in the cup.

Losing 3-2 to someone after being 2-0 up.

Losing to that team whose manager was away getting married.

Etc.

Etc.

Still, it all ended happily:

Amen to the ending m8 !!

Another one was the game v Queens Park at Hampden.
We had a magnificent support that day.
Queens Park were down to 10 men and we needed an injury time Fraser Aird goal to beat them.

Too many to think of straight away imo

However standing at forthbank when stirling albion beat us 1-0 i thought to myself we would never be back as we were again

Losing to Annan at Ibrox. Thousands slunked out the stadium in silence.

McCoist refusing to resign despite the various horrific displays and turning the club into an absolute laughing stock then sitting back in his garden for six months pocketing hundreds of thousands of pounds as reward for abject failure when the club was on its knees.

People often get enraged if you dare to highlight it but I've never felt the same about him since then.

Too many to think of straight away imo

However standing at forthbank when stirling albion beat us 1-0 i thought to myself we would never be back as we were again
That was a shocker, don't think we wom away until after 5 games that 12/13 season until we beat Clyde 3-0 in Cumbernauld I recall.

We lost a last minute or really late equaliser at Ibrox to draw 1-1 with some team who had been down to 10 men for most of the game. It was fucking freezing. I want to say Elgin or Annan but really can't be arsed looking it up or I might get the urge to stab myself in the face. Thanks OP.
We got beaten 2-1 at home to Annan on a freezing day,utterly grim times.

2013/14 Ramsdens final v Raith or 2014/15 semi final v Alloa
I'll go with Alloa since I'm from there. On the plus side it rooted out all the pretend fans from my hometown!

After the Raith game my mate went for a piss in one of the bookies on the way back to the train station and I won £200 out the betting terminal from £2 so it wasn't the lowest but it could have been.

Car blowing up on the way to Elgin game at Ibrox was pretty low even though we won... D

Alloa as mentioned previously but probably Annan at home for me. I remember being at both games and at the Annan game I was going to leave early as I was that scunnered. I’ll never forget their was an old guy next to me who tapped my on the shoulder and said ‘ you have to endure the lows to appreciate the highs’. Was wise words and within 10 year we were in a euro final. Simply one of the greatest ever sporting achievements
Wise words from that man !

Back