Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Seb Leslie
@LesliePolitics
·
Jan 16

Replying to
@LesliePolitics
The above quote from Gordon Woods. A valiant, brave and persistent man of honour. The SNP have just ignored him because they want to control the Cathoilic vote. Not this Catholic.
@Jacob_Rees_Mogg

@MPIainDS
======================================

And here you have the very reason they couldn't wait to dump Rangers out of the Premier League- to please their Celtic voters . And like so many things the SNP mess with they end up costing the taxpayers millions upon millions.

Probably 100% of Septic supporter will vote for the SNP and independence!

@SuellaBraverman
In my opinion it would be good if Jacob Rees Mogg get involved .It would highlight this case even more in Westminster And not forgetting he's a catholic he's ideal to take on the SNP

The other day there was a rapist cop and LBC has a FB thread on it. Needless to say there was a Natsi on saying it wouldn’t happen in an independent Scotland. Another poster referred to Spotlight and Celtic.

Lo and behold a few minutes later another poster came on with what about Neely?

That new poster had been on FB since 2010 without posting!!! Which begs the question does Celtic, or their minions, have a team of trolling personalities to roll out whenever this scandal is mentioned?

Incidentally the questioner was rather bemused at the response and pointed out that he supported Millwall

The questions which I'm sure will have been posed many times is , Why would a football club , that have a boys club named after them in 1966 , with the backing of the board and manager of same club , in effect sharing the same name as them , and often stadium facilities , with presentations of cups , even Celtic f.c. players playing in the boys club team on occasions , and recruitment of players , and then pay for the name of that boys club to be renamed during investigations into CSA , and claim they are/ were a separate entity. ? An act never mentioned in the newspapers , tv and radio stations , former Celtic players and managers , banned from discussion on any level at Holyrood .Then we have Police Scotland investigations suddenly halted with no explanation. Add to that why the results of " internal investigations " ending with nothing to answer , no conclusive evidence , and then described as scurrilous , again never highlighted . You'd be forgiven in thinking there's something not quite right and , and it's an attempt at one of the biggest cover ups in sporting history.

The other day there was a rapist cop and LBC has a FB thread on it. Needless to say there was a Natsi on saying it wouldn’t happen in an independent Scotland. Another poster referred to Spotlight and Celtic.

Lo and behold a few minutes later another poster came on with what about Neely?

That new poster had been on FB since 2010 without posting!!! Which begs the question does Celtic, or their minions, have a team of trolling personalities to roll out whenever this scandal is mentioned?

Incidentally the questioner was rather bemused at the response and pointed out that he supported Millwall
A PR company might have a few social media bots.

The questions which I'm sure will have been posed many times is , Why would a football club , that have a boys club named after them in 1966 , with the backing of the board and manager of same club , in effect sharing the same name as them , and often stadium facilities , with presentations of cups , even Celtic f.c. players playing in the boys club team on occasions , and recruitment of players , and then pay for the name of that boys club to be renamed during investigations into CSA , and claim they are/ were a separate entity. ? An act never mentioned in the newspapers , tv and radio stations , former Celtic players and managers , banned from discussion on any level at Holyrood .Then we have Police Scotland investigations suddenly halted with no explanation. Add to that why the results of " internal investigations " ending with nothing to answer , no conclusive evidence , and then described as scurrilous , again never highlighted . You'd be forgiven in thinking there's something not quite right and , and it's an attempt at one of the biggest cover ups in sporting history.
Believe me. The club will fight till the end, and their apologists, and as you well know they will all use every deflection tactic possible.
I stick by this. There will be more bad news and more deflection tactics that will come into play. Not just by the apologists within the press, but their apologists within the political party that run Scotland and a fake Green Party that we’ve shown on Spotlight where their wee leader has some very questionable friends.
I try my best on here to keep everyone updated, along with Grigo, and only the rest of Spotlight can confirm that I want nothing more to show what we’re up against.
When I first started this then I wanted the world to know every victim’s story. I wanted the world to know what that club have put them through, and also the affect it’s has on their families.
I’ve seen with my own eyes how it’s affected wonderful football players no matter their background. Suicide isn’t nice. Alcohol abuse, drug abuse. I’ve seen the lot.
The stories you couldn’t imagine. The grooming and the organised ring within that club is simply unimaginable.
Imagine having to set up a group of people to take it on because no politician in Scotland wanted to. Imagine having to approach Westminster just to get a standard reply from the SNP. I tried for months to get a reply from the SNP. Grigo will back me on this. As soon as I contacted Westminster, I got a reply the next day.
I set up Spotlight for the victims and families to be heard. I had no idea how deep this went, and how a certain club and their history is protected.
All Spotlight are is normal people. People that have heard the stories and been personally affected.
So let’s say these bastards walk. Even the ones that we found that the authorities couldn’t.
We will never give up. How can we?

Last edited:
Believe me. The club will fight till the end, and their apologists, and as you well know they will all use every deflection tactic possible.
I stick by this. There will be more bad news and more deflection tactics that will come into play. Not just by the apologists within the press, but their apologists within the political party that run Scotland and a fake Green Party that we’ve shown on Spotlight where their wee leader has some very questionable friends.
I try my best on here to keep everyone updated, along with Grigo, and only the rest of Spotlight can confirm that I want nothing more to show what we’re up against.
When I first started this then I wanted the world to know every victim’s story. I wanted the world to know what that club have put them through, and also the effect on their families.
I’ve seen with my own eyes how it’s affected wonderful football players no matter their background. Suicide isn’t nice. Alcohol abuse, drug abuse. I’ve seen the lot.
The stories you couldn’t imagine. The grooming and the organised ring within that club is simply unimaginable.
Imagine having to set up a group of people to take it on because no politician in Scotland wanted to. Imagine having to approach Westminster just to get a standard reply from the SNP. I tried for months to get a reply from the SNP. Grigo will back me on this. As soon as I contacted Westminster, I got a reply the next day.
I set up Spotlight for the victims and families to be heard. I had no idea how deep this went, and how a certain club and their history is protected.
All Spotlight are is normal people. People that have heard the stories and been personally affected.
So let’s say these bastards walk. Even the ones that we found that the authorities couldn’t.
As you say it's unimaginable/ unbelievable that the Scottish Government refuse to converse with any victims / relatives in any form , even saying that to investigate sporting clubs and religious organisations would be too time consuming , it's telling that the any further police investigations ceased immediately after that announcement , and shamefully embarrassing. I firmly believe they and other influential concerns in society , have as much to hide as that horrible club , and is part of the reason for some of the delays . I think though that you and the rest of the team ( Grigo etc..) are gradually getting there , and should know that we're all behind you 100%.

What i cannot understand is that it has taken a normal joe public person like BN, and others like grigo to take on this “challenge”. If it wasnt for them and the others behind spotlight (whomever they may be) we would not be this far on and seeing them being taken to court. So a huge thanks goes to spotlight, but always the abused who have put trust in spotlight to hopefully get an end to this whole thing.

When I first started this then I wanted the world to know every victim’s story. I wanted the world to know what that club have put them through, and also the affect it’s has on their families.
I really don’t want to say “like” to this.
There is nothing to like other than the endeavour you and your associates are demonstrating on a daily basis.
Those, like me and ninety-nine percent of this board, who haven’t read, been in discussion with or don’t know any victims, cannot imagine the absolute horror the victims suffered and continue to suffer.
Wishing you, your team and the victims, every success.
Also, stay healthy.

You all should be extremely proud of yourselves for the hard work and dedication you put into this regardless of all the obstacles that these corrupt enablers throw at you. You must be a shining light for these victims when no1 in a position of power seems to care. Truth always comes out in the end with everything and this will be no different

You all should be extremely proud of yourselves for the hard work and dedication you put into this regardless of all the obstacles that these corrupt enablers throw at you. You must be a shining light for these victims when no1 in a position of power seems to care. Truth always comes out in the end with everything and this will be no different
The whole thing is a shambles, it's clear as day that if this was any other club they would be took the cleaners. How anyone could vote for snp or support them knowing fine will this is going on is beyond me

My advice to wee Nicola is to forget your independence and trans gender obsession and really try and concentrate in putting all your efforts into investigating and bringing justice to the victims and the families affected by the abhorrent behaviour of sporting and religious organisations in wee backward Scotland. I fully support someone as high profile as Jacob Rees Mogg in the Tory Party at Westminster getting involved in this slur on our once proud history.

My advice to wee Nicola is to forget your independence and trans gender obsession and really try and concentrate in putting all your efforts into investigating and bringing justice to the victims and the families affected by the abhorrent behaviour of sporting and religious organisations in wee backward Scotland. I fully support someone as high profile as Jacob Rees Mogg in the Tory Party at Westminster getting involved in this slur on our once proud history.
Scotland isn't backward, the useless shower of cowards running it are.

Good work brother, as the staff would say in P company “if you can’t hack it today gentlemen, then tomorrow you will suffer” we just keep going, what’s the alternative let these cnuts off?

That post breaks my heart. Proud Scot and Brit. I can’t defend the institutions and people who can deny justice. I’m afraid I just wasn’t brought up that way.

Outstanding. I can't wait for the day that justice is served up and the perpetrators and those who stand with them are shown up for what they are.

Everyone at Spotlight should get a knighthood for what they are going to achieve.

Exclusive: Gordon Woods claimed there are more survivors overseas whose lawyers are 'sitting and waiting for the result of the class action'

A Celtic Boys Club survivor has said victims from the USA and Australia could seek compensation from Celtic FC if the forthcoming civil case is a success.

Gordon Woods told the Scottish Daily Express that there were many survivors both in the UK and overseas that could make a claim if Celtic is found to be liable for abuse at the former Boys Club.

Mr Woods claimed it would open the floodgates with survivors of Celtic Boys Club abuse from Australia and the US starting their own class actions about incidents that took place between 1967 and 2005.

Celtic FC will appear again on March 4 at the Supreme Court in Edinburgh to answer a Civil Action Claim from around 30 people over alleged historic abuse.

The survivor said that he is aware of one case of abuse in the US with a New Jersey law firm involved watching the Scottish action.

Mr Woods speculated that there could be more claims forthcoming if the clubs loses as Celtic Boys Club had taken part in numerous tours to the US and Australia over the years, when boys from those country came into contact with coaches.

One of the potential US cases goes back to a tour to New Jersey that supposedly saw the Celtic directors fly over to the US to speak with the police and the boy's parents.

Mr Woods claimed that once the bosses had returned to Scotland they forced the perpetrator to "resign from the Boy's Club with immediate effect".

He explained that lawyers from the US and Australia are "sitting and waiting for the result of the class action", adding that this could lead to "trouble" for the club.

Previous sexual abuse lawsuits in the USA against sporting clubs and organisations have seen damages worth hundreds of millions of dollars awarded.

The survivor said: "It's not just Thompsons that has clients, there are other solicitors like Digby Brown. They have spoken to several victims who have gotten in touch with me.

"This is the first class action to take place, if Thompsons are successful, and I have every confidence they will be, I'm quite sure other solicitors will fall in place and launch their own actions. We are well aware of victims in America in New Jersey, for example."

The solicitors are mounting a US-style "class action" lawsuit under new Scottish laws. The claim will see the survivors form a group which will bring one action in the Court of Session because their claims are similar.

Celtic FC has previously said on the subject: "Given the ongoing legal proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to provide any comment. However, we would reiterate that the club is dealing with these sensitive matters in a responsible manner and in conjunction with its advisers."

One of the potential US cases goes back to a tour to New Jersey that supposedly saw the Celtic directors fly over to the US to speak with the police and the boy's parents.

Is that the first time the media here have mentioned this important fact? Blows that despicable club's separate entity argument out the window.

I have followed this almost in disbelief for some time now and it led me strangely enough to my first protest demo at the age of 64 when I went along to the Glasgow Cabbie led demo at Holyrood the other week with many concerned parents and grandparents. To say I was shocked to the core by what is going on with our children in schools would be an understatement. The GRR bill and sex education in schools driven by people who should be nowhere near it and may be linked to what the Spotlight team are hunting down as we start to see the end game of lowering the age of consent to as young as 8 as Green MSP Chapman alluded to.
So for the sake of the victims of Celtic FC and the children of Scotland please blow the lid off this. I doubt you will get any support from media.

Along with our associates, we have been looking into some judges past and present. Without going into too much detail at the moment, there is definitely some questions to be answered on some of these individuals.
You may want to contact Andrew Drummond, he is a journalist who ran a whistle blowing website on all types of scammers in Thailand. He had a story a good few years back about a group of Scots judges visiting Pattaya, IIRC it was linked in the same story he did about Fettesgate.

Is that the first time the media here have mentioned this important fact? Blows that despicable club's separate entity argument out the window.
That should be a headshot own it's own,if they were a separate entity then why are directors from them flying halfway across the globe for something that has nothing to do with them!!

Apologies for asking for this the third time, because I keep forgetting where, but can someone put up the bar chart that showed when the abusers were employed by Celtic. It shows they were all working there together at same time.

Ofcourse it's not appropriate for them to comment as for over 50 years it's been denial,contradiction and victim blaming with their influence in politics,religion,media and football authorities only to happy to help out in the cover ups

It is inconceivable that with so many of the abusers in one organisation at the same time, that some of them were not aware of others, if not actually working in tandem.

One of the questions you would imagine the Police would have asked Torbett, McCafferty, Cairney, etc would be were you aware that there were other abusers at the club, and if so, did you ever collude?

Which leads onto the likely fact that there was some form of organised ring, yet the Police and politicians have not opened up an investigation specifically into that institution.

In any other walk of life, if an organisation had so many abusers under one roof, then an investigation into the whole thing would have been opened. And yet with Celtic they have only responded on complaint, on a case by case basis. That proves there are sinister forces at work in trying to downplay the abuse as being in any way known and organised.

Shame on all those involved in doing so, whether that be at political, religious or policing levels. From excluding sporting and religious institutions from the inquiry, to appointing Martin Henry to oversee the SFA report, there have been many red flags during the whole affair.

You may want to contact Andrew Drummond, he is a journalist who ran a whistle blowing website on all types of scammers in Thailand. He had a story a good few years back about a group of Scots judges visiting Pattaya, IIRC it was linked in the same story he did about Fettesgate.

He has a story about a tim supporting con man called Alan Goudie/Goldie if you scroll down.

Apologies for asking for this the third time, because I keep forgetting where, but can someone put up the bar chart that showed when the abusers were employed by Celtic. It shows they were all working there together at same time.
Apologies mate. I must have missed you asking. It’s at the start of this video below but you may need to pause it as it passes quickly.
I’m busy at work at the moment but I’ll get it to you later if you require it.

It is inconceivable that with so many of the abusers in one organisation at the same time, that some of them were not aware of others, if not actually working in tandem.

One of the questions you would imagine the Police would have asked Torbett, McCafferty, Cairney, etc would be were you aware that there were other abusers at the club, and if so, did you ever collude?

Which leads onto the likely fact that there was some form of organised ring, yet the Police and politicians have not opened up an investigation specifically into that institution.

In any other walk of life, if an organisation had so many abusers under one roof, then an investigation into the whole thing would have been opened. And yet with Celtic they have only responded on complaint, on a case by case basis. That proves there are sinister forces at work in trying to downplay the abuse as being in any way known and organised.

Shame on all those involved in doing so, whether that be at political, religious or policing levels. From excluding sporting and religious institutions from the inquiry, to appointing Martin Henry to oversee the SFA report, there have been many red flags during the whole affair.
McCafferty intimated that this was the case on the night he entered the Belfast police station to make his statement.

Apologies mate. I must have missed you asking. It’s at the start of this video below but you may need to pause it as it passes quickly.
I’m busy at work at the moment but I’ll get it to you later if you require it.

Thanks.

I didn't mean third time recently. You didn't miss anything.

I meant my third time asking over the last year because I never save the post number. had asked about it before many posts ago, and people answered/ posted it.

Outstanding. I can't wait for the day that justice is served up and the perpetrators and those who stand with them are shown up for what they are.

Everyone at Spotlight should get a knighthood for what they are going to achieve.
If it was our "so called government " handing out the gongs Spotlight would probably be the ones being jailed.

If it was our "so called government " handing out the gongs Spotlight would probably be the ones being jailed.
I couldn't argue with that. This whole thing is a scandal.

If it wasn't for the internet all of this would probably still be subject to rumour and conjecture with the nonces still looking for ways to keep their sordid peado ring on the go.

Spotlight have managed to collate a load of evidence against the bastards and brought the immensity of it all to the fore.

I know they still have a way to go but it is definitely only a matter of time now.

In 1986 When Celtic FC issued in its own newspaper, the Celtic View, a statement regarding 'child abuse at the club' they simply swept it aside, labelling it as "scurrilous stories"

FOUR of the beasts were working there at that time.

All four had been there 'together' for FIVE years prior to the statement, and all four were still there FIVE years after it.
gn16.png

Number 2 left in 1991
Number 1 left in 1996
Number 4 left in 2001
Number 3 left in 2002

That statement.

gn16a.png

Was Kelly part of the paedophile ring in operation there?

In 1986 When Celtic FC issued in its own newspaper, the Celtic View, a statement regarding 'child abuse at the club' they simply swept it aside, labelling it as "scurrilous stories"

FOUR of the beasts were working there at that time.

All four had been there 'together' for FIVE years prior to the statement, and all four were still there FIVE years after it.
gn16.png

Number 2 left in 1991
Number 1 left in 1996
Number 4 left in 2001
Number 3 left in 2002

That statement.

gn16a.png

Was Kelly part of the paedophile ring in operation there?
I think that is a rhetorical question regarding Kelly je must have been involved in cover up at least

Back