Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Seems to be something weird going on there

The summer would be plenty time to let the Croatian go?
Could be anything especially being them lot.

A Dog breath runs them dry thats wy hes getting players from japan etc as they are athletes more than footballers.

B because hes an arsehole

C theyve realised how much theyve spent

D liewell

E other...

F all of the above

I imagine they believe the league is done and they’ve got enough to win one of the cups, hence happy to refresh the squad now.

The LC Final is huge in terms of momentum. We really need to win it.

I get what you're saying, and mostly agree, but it's only 9 points. All signs point to them winning it quite comfortably, but it's not sewn up like it was for us a few seasons ago. Just seems a bit of a risk.

Yeah quite, it's strange eh, it doesn't get highlighted at all. They'll be hoping that the new right back and 2 Japanese lads work out. Because otherwise that's two stinking windows (in terms of new faces) in a row. Which given the spend, is mental.

Obviously some players could emerge at a later date, but aye. If we'd spent that much and barely used those players, the wider Scottish football community would be giving us pelters.

I suppose the difference is they can probably afford a few flops.

When we spend £8m and all we get is Ridvan and Matondo then it doesn't look great.

I get what you're saying, and mostly agree, but it's only 9 points. All signs point to them winning it quite comfortably, but it's not sewn up like it was for us a few seasons ago. Just seems a bit of a risk.

I agree. But they’ve always been arrogant and dismissive, even moreso under their current manager.

As you’ve noted, their transfer dealings aren’t the greatest & their European performances abject, yet it’s seldom commented on.

I suppose the difference is they can probably afford a few flops.

When we spend £8m and all we get is Ridvan and Matondo then it doesn't look great.

I honestly don't think they can afford to fill a squad up with players who don't appear to be performing. A few poor windows can reverse the gap in the end. As we found out to our detriment.

I should really caveat by saying, I don't think they're in crisis. I just think it's funny they get lauded for their business on here and in the wider discourse of Scottish football.

Random but I read the other day Mudryk's top running speed is only 1kph slower than Usain Bolt's top speed.
Also read that he’d been promoted from Shakhtar’s B team twice in the last two years and got sent back straight away.

I’m not totally convinced as yet, mentally challenged-destroying aside.

They’ve made a bit of an arse of selling Juranovic for me. Signed his replacement first so everyone and their dog knew they needed to sell Juranovic during this window which has probably reduced the fee they could have potentially got

They’ve made a bit of an arse of selling Juranovic for me. Signed his replacement first so everyone and their dog knew they needed to sell Juranovic during this window which has probably reduced the fee they could have potentially got
Anyone thinking Union are ready to offer £7m up front after they accepted a loan to buy from Monza is on a different planet.

I’m sure it’ll go down as ‘undisclosed’.

Anthony Joseph is absolute poison and another only too happy to spread lies and propaganda for the filth. Hopefully at some point with these players unhappy and wanting to leave it’ll actually manifest into them dropping points.

Good price for the scum
If that is actually the true figure then it is Unions record transfer fee. Can’t see it myself.

Their highest was €9m on Amonoyi who they then sold onto Forest for €20m. I just can’t see them spending their highest ever transfer fee on someone they won’t make any money on.

Union just lost Ryerson to BVB for a similar fee, plus he's a year older. Wouldn't be surprised me if they paid there or there abouts with additional clauses should they make the Champions League.

German media is aggregating the Sky Sports story. Nothing original from their side.

Yeah it’s bollocks. Has to be. Pretty sure Union Berlin record fee is like £8m quid total?

Just face saving from that lot

Of course it is he's their teaboy at SKY and does what he's told. Needs to save his face after the crap with Barcelona and Premier league clubs all interested in Juranovic prior to the Monza deal.

Back