MOTM Poll St Johnstone v Rangers - 17:30 Saturday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard to know what to expect in the 2nd half. Only winning at half time in 2 of the previous seven under Beale, Motherwell and Ross County, and the second halves became slogs.

The other 5 we weren’t leading at half time saw marked second half inprovements.

hopefully this isn’t a slog that we just win 1-0 and can kick on with a few more in the 2nd half

Jack and lundstrum are playing it far too negatively. Tillman also needs to make more angles. Sakala motm for me thus far.

Ref is a cheating lady's front bottom.

Anyone else thats watching on Sky got glitching on Viasat 1 ? Few blocky bits every couple of minutes.

Not happening on any other channels. Before I waste time getting dish realigned.
Not every couple of minutes but it’s happened a few times that half

The commentry from Craighan is laughable. Sakala tugged back clear foul- nothing in it.
Tilman clear foul and deserved yellow. Where do you start with this pish.

He's an utter cock - not enough contact for Sakala to go down when he was fouled going through on goal, but the St Johnstone player should have gone down in the box for their supposed penalty.

You’re telling me there’s not another player in that team capable of taking a free kick with their left foot ?
Considering he’s the only left footer apart from Davies then yes I don’t believe anyone else should take them. Do you understand football?

Anyone else thats watching on Sky got glitching on Viasat 1 ? Few blocky bits every couple of minutes.

Not happening on any other channels. Before I waste time getting dish realigned.
Aye me as well mate.
Was the same with the Aberdeen game.
Shite quality that includes Stewart and craigan..

The Tilman incident when he won the corner was bonkers as well, boy literally booted him before it, if it hadn’t been Tilman and his ability to keep it in a phone box we likely lose the ball.

Ach there were only about 4 fouls on him in that one

Another dreadful, pedestrian, low quality first half, with only an occasional intervention by Tillman to brighten the day. Quality goal from next to nothing. We are a long way short of where we need to be as a team. It truly is baffling how this group got to a Europa final and can then look so poor game after game. The results are better, the performances are not, but fortunately our defence looks more solid that it did.

Never mind we could have Tav taking them.

He is not carrying an injury he is unfortunately a poor defender who used to get forward and get good ball over ,now he is like a carthorse going forward added to the fact he can't defend to me means we have to look for better,if it's not Devine then we need to buy their is no place for keeping players through sentiment.

He has gone backwards this season, no doubt. Difficult to replicate what he did the previous two seasons mind you. I really hope we don't allow it to get to the stage of the support turning on him. I mean we have a minority that have always disliked him but, it's creeping into more and more fans now.

In the big scheme of things winning is the be all and end all of a game but a little bit of entertainment along the way wouldn't go amiss. Our games are, with the odd exception, devoid of quality, they realky are a hard watch.

One for the oldies. Borna Barasic reminds of our left back in late 1980's, Stuart Munro in the sense that he got a lot of criticism no matter how many new Left backs Souness brought in.

Munro always returned as the steady man. Hope Barasic ignores the noise on here about him at times.
With all due respect to Stuart Munro he was a defensive solid left back and did not have the attacking attributes of Barasic. When Robertson arrived he was on a totally different level.

Saints crowding their own box throughout the first half is not a good watch in a cup game, and Rangers were needing something special to get through to get some decent shots in.

They got it from Borna big time. Hopefully that will now open things up as bit more in the 2nd half.

Back