MOTM Poll St Johnstone v Rangers - 17:30 Saturday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watched Davidson's post match interview, mentioned their man Brown having to go off and Rangers scoring within a minute. Well his own defender shouldn't have kicked him on the head !!
I thought Muir was going to take further action against Tillman based on his earlier booking of Tillman which was ridiculous.

With all due respect to Stuart Munro he was a defensive solid left back and did not have the attacking attributes of Barasic. When Robertson arrived he was on a totally different level.
Totally agree. I wasn't comparing skills sets though. Barasic and Robertson were of course on a different level to Munro. And as you say Munro was a steady but 'unexciting' Ranger. However for all the stick he took from the support he always returned to put in decent performances like Barasic does. Take another left back who came to Rangers later to great aplomb, the Norwegian Stale Stensass and lasted a few games. Give me a steady, dedicated Stuart Munro ir Bsrasic type anytime.

I think I was uttering a couple of words other than Rotten, sounded like Sheeting stunt I believe.

He is either corrupt or miles out of his depth. Wonder what would happen if our club started putting in complaints so openly about the refs?
Unfortunately our words would fall on deaf ears as we have very few friends within the media who would escalate the story.

Nearly voted for Ben Davies, Tom Miller's love child apparently. Gave it to Borna for that goal, hope it gives him confidence to have a few more digs at goal.

Where the %^*& do these referees come from man deary me. The clearest foul you'll see on Wright there.

BTW give me an astro pitch over that mud bath any day of the week.

Positives - Morelos better again, Barisic very good...always like he gets a jolt of confidence every now and then, Goldson and Davies rock solid

Negatives - Kamara going through the game in 2nd gear, McGregor in no man's land at crosses.
You're right about Barisic. He's a real confidence player.

I have never seen, and probably will never see, a turnaround in a player to the extent of Borna after that goal against St Mirren.

Hopefully a run of good performances to come from him now.

Muir just told Wright
I thought he got the ball

Lying cheating wank
The clue to Muir was the 3-4 saints players that surrounded the ball and stopped playing. They were a second short of picking the ball up and throwing it back it was such a definite free kick, when they suddenly realised he had missed it and had to play on.

Where did I say anything about songs ?

I don’t have a problem with any songs.

Sounds like you have a bee in your bonnet and you’re wanting to pass off your objections about other people’s views onto me
Oh those songs must have escaped you tonight.

No bee in my bonnet. I’m happy. Team won. Supporters done us proud.

Oh those songs must have escaped you tonight.

No bee in my bonnet. I’m happy. Team won. Supporters done us proud.

I heard the songs and, as I said on the now deleted thread about them, anyone bothered by them needs a different hobby as, whether you agree or disagree, theylll always be there.

Seems to me like you’re trying to conflate some sort of “staunchness”…you’re trying to equate criticism of a lacklustre display (which I did) with the the type of people who get their knickers in a twist about No Pope Of Rome etc

That very much is bee in the bonnet territory my friend

Kept the ball well, some nice moves, and mostly controlled the game throughout. We obviously have fans who mainly like highlights, and if a few of the chances go in then they see an entirely different game, but we have played here in the past and really struggled; tonight there was little danger of us losing this.
Once again had to rely more on determination and self belief to get us through rather than pretty football. But job done.

I heard the songs and, as I said on the now deleted thread about them, anyone bothered by them needs a different hobby as, whether you agree or disagree, theylll always be there.

Seems to me like you’re trying to conflate some sort of “staunchness”…you’re trying to equate criticism of a lacklustre display (which I did) with the the type of people who get their knickers in a twist about No Pope Of Rome etc

That very much is bee in the bonnet territory my friend
Ohhhh someone swallowed a Collins for a weekend treat

I feel like I’ve watched the same game over and over for years.

And we win most of the time

Imagine watching a losing team.

Football is weird.

Need to kill off these games. Some bomb scare defending again late in the game. However, another win on a shite pitch with a terrible Ref. Job done.

Am I allowed to be happy tonight, after we won this evening, away against Premiership opposition?

3 points is all that matters in this cup:))

Time for beer and wine.

What is it going to take to see a decent tempo at the start. We show no signs of urgency at times, we stroll about playing safe and simple.passes. We are winning but the performances need to improve.

Main thing is we are through.

I am worried about the new manager bounce getting us away with results wearing off though unless we get players back to their best quickly and if we don’t get more players in the door who make an impact.

Fingers crossed for an important few weeks players wise and hopefully get playing some better football.

What is it going to take to see a decent tempo at the start. We show no signs of urgency at times, we stroll about playing safe and simple.passes. We are winning but the performances need to improve.
I don’t think a lot of these current players can improve much more to be honest, with the exception of Tav and Morelos.

We can only see the same thing happen from the same players so many times before it comes a case they are mot good enough.

I think Beale is getting a tune off them due to the initial new manager bounce, but lets not forget this is what happened with Gio too.

We need to back him with new players and hope the returning players get back up to speed soon.

Thought we made the wrong substitutions.

Going with 3 ddefensive midfielders after taking Tillman off was a mistake.

Lowry showed the rest of the team how to play a forward pass. Deserves more game time in my opinion.

Back