Darvel v the sheep

Look at the fuukin state of you Miller.

Too long at that fuukin Radio station has fuukin got tae ye.
Thing is, apparently back in the day as a player, he was known for his sartorial style. Always seen cutting about in expensive suits.

He could be an extra out of Still Game looking at him tonight.

q61Z5IQ.jpg
im not sure how this relates to game or thread but Ive been chuckling along at a lot of stuff tonight and this made me laugh more than anything!

Werent they regarded as the worst team in Scotland with their winless record or along those lines?

Fvcking mental result though, other than the scum it couldn’t have happened to a better team. Well done Darvel and well deserved.
That is correct, perhaps even the worst team in Europe. And I still couldn't get a game for them!

Yes I now live in Elgin so it's been an excellent month or so what with the Famous winning in injury time and now the mutton molesters being pumped out by a SIXTH tier team. Its solid chugging material, to be honest.

Only seen last 20minutes and noted how Darvel played out thr added on time by keeping the ball in the corner brilliant.
Note to Rangers please show that last 5 minute sequence to our team so that they can learn from it as they have not shown that ability.

The super caley go ballistic game was a huge shock at the time, a bit diluted by inverness going on to play several seasons in the top flight since then, At the time they were 3rd tier, vs a big budget celtic squad with larsson petrov etc and at the piggery.

Went along to that tonight.

Aberdeen are absolutely rancid!

I know some may pre-date the pyramid coming in but in terms of a gap in tiers has there been an upset as big as that?

Obviously Clyde/Caley beating Celtic is funnier but in actual placings is there a bigger shock?
was that you with the inflatable sheep behind willie miller mate?

Does that beat:
Berwick Rangers 1-0 Rangers 1967
Stenhousemuir 2-0 Aberdeen 1995
C****c 1-3 Inverness Caley Thistle 2000
C****c 0-2 Ross County 2010
You can throw in Fraserburgh 1 Dundee 0 in the late 50's, the Dundee team that would be champions and European Cup semi finalists just a few years later. It beats that as well. :))B-D

Worth considering that Darvel aren't really a "6th tier" side.

They've had all sorts of money pumped into them, majority of their players were playing senior football very recently, some as high as Championship level.

Still a huge result nonetheless but if the pyramid system wasn't so restrictive they'd probably already be up. Won't be long before they start climbing the ranks.

Now that things are calming down (relatively), is there any gen on the boy Truesdale of Darvel, I thought he was outstanding for them tonight?

Not that I'm advocating signing him :))
I don’t think I have ever seen a keeper that wee in my life. From a distance it looked like a 12 year old was standing between the sticks.

Had a great game though!

Back