Darvel v the sheep

No harm to Darvel, they played very well and were extremely disciplined and organised, but what a poor indictment on the standard of Scottish football.

Aberdeen were absolutely woeful.

Falkirk will no doubt be nervous about their 5th round tie.
I agree. Darvel deserved their win and were fairly comfortable. Hard to believe this is a club who beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European trophy.

As much as I have not a bit of sympathy for them, it's really telling how much standards have dropped in this country. It's why you don't see Scotland in major tournaments, unless through the back door.

Darvel didn’t ping and hope, they played them off the park !! And the pitch/playing surface, SERIOUSLY..Livi snd killie have a word with yersells….your plastic is an embarrassment !
Definitely!
our national stadium leaders might also take a wee look and learn.
As an aside, how many games is that called off this season on Livi ‘all weather’ pitch? At least 2

Aberdeeb forum is mental. Some fans wishing their team bus crashes

Vile
They are taking it bad, real bad. More than their fair share of scumbags on that forum.

Poodler

• Poodler
    Mentor
  • Members
Posted 3 hours ago
Hopefully some of the women and kids got kicked in
3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:
To any Darvel fans looking in you showed your true hun colours booing Hayes when he came on. Darvel yer wee team, see that’s nice.
Hope you get fucking pumped against Falkirk and your big team( the one that you let die) get pumped in the league cup final.
I’ll be putting money on the double.

Being down in England I didn’t realise the game was live on BBC Scotland so I only caught the 20 minutes.

Wish I’d seen it all now :))

The thing that makes it all the sweeter.

Exactly forty years ago that club were about to make history. Provincial Scottish club wins a European trophy beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid en route. As an achievement it gets more remarkable as the years pass.

Here we are in the present day and they were involved in a result last night that will be talked about in years to come as much as that one in Gothenburg. And what's their forums full of? Stuff about the Ibrox Disaster.

This is not a football club and no way are these morons football fans. How can any football fan be happy if his team gets beat if in circumstances it will hamper the success of another club? That's what they are all about.

They don't care about defeats much elsewhere as long as they can raise their game and on occasion beat Rangers. Well, decades worth of this attitude caught up with them last night. And wasn't it a beautiful sight.

Your missing Fraserburgh knocking out the then European Cup semi finalists Dundee in 1959 often regarded as the reason for the 3rd round rule being introduced
Dundee weren't in the European Cup in 1959, they reached the semi final in 1962, AC Milan beat them. Rangers were in the 1959 semi final, beaten by Eintracht Frankfurt

I agree. Darvel deserved their win and were fairly comfortable. Hard to believe this is a club who beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European trophy.

As much as I have not a bit of sympathy for them, it's really telling how much standards have dropped in this country. It's why you don't see Scotland in major tournaments, unless through the back door.
Great point, they probably would have beaten all the top sides last night apart from us, the scum and hertz.

Just think, right about now all over the north east, Aberdeen fans will be waking up and for a split second they will have forgotten all about the match. Then it will hit them again. They will get that feeling in the pit of their stomach and they will dread the day ahead.

Lovely.
Feeling the awful dread of last night has stained thier pishy club forever. Delightful. Hope it hurts.

That is irrelevant really. Nottingham Forest have two European Cups but have some absolutely horrendous periods in their recent history. It's 40 year since Aberdeen done that in Europe, such a long time in football.

Reactions: VGM

Exactly forty years ago that club were about to make history. Provincial Scottish club wins a European trophy beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid en route. As an achievement it gets more remarkable as the years pass.

Here we are in the present day and they were involved in a result last night that will be talked about in years to come as much as that one in Gothenburg. And what's their forums full of? Stuff about the Ibrox Disaster.

This is not a football club and no way are these morons football fans. How can any football fan be happy if his team gets beat if in circumstances it will hamper the success of another club? That's what they are all about.

They don't care about defeats much elsewhere as long as they can raise their game and on occasion beat Rangers. Well, decades worth of this attitude caught up with them last night. And wasn't it a beautiful sight.
I work in Aberdeen and I will constantly remind these scumbags about last night for the rest of their life's. Lovely. WATP

Can anyone explain to me Aberdeen’s weird love in with Celtic and hatred of Rangers?
Nope mate there are two RC primary schools and no RC secondary schools so in reality very few RC’s. Many more RSC’s than t*m ones so there’s no actual reason other than this strange idea that they see us as a rival. It’s very strange.

Truly beautiful. They can always console themselves with 'we nearly beat Rangers twice in January'.

Before we go any further, it has to be said the filth were once knocked out of the SC by a junior team, Arthurlie, way back in the midsts of time. Ok, the game is different now, but they were still a 'giant' of the game when the shock happened.

This gratuitous pop at timbo has came from me to you with a smile.
Well see if that wee nugget gets mentioned today in the media, won't be holding my breath, and thanks for sharing

Back