Darvel v the sheep

Sheep only ever call it out when we get a decision against them, even if it’s correct they moan. Yet get robbed by the rats due to dodgy calls they don’t care so get what they deserve

Last edited:
gn16.png

Reactions: TN8
Personally, I think everyone overhypes every decision. I don't think there is any conspiracy towards any club.

I firmly believe the officials try their best to get decisions right, and while they often don't, they still are trying.

Some stuff will have a psychological effect on them, but overall I would think they do their best to make the correct decisions.

I feel like this view makes too much sense for on here though :rolleyes:
You might be right but, explain to me how your theory ties in with decisions like three offside players at the LC final goal, like Kent not touching Brown at Pittordrie but Clancy seeing enough to book him for, like Clancy instinctively booking Kent for diving at St.Mirren but having to rescind the decision, like the linesman failing to see Sakala’s jersey being pulled at Tannadice.

It was given for the first pass which was miles onside but I did think it was then a forward pass to the boy that tapped it in who was ahead and in an offside position.

Regardless, the Darvel players probably stopped as soon as the flag went up.

Only watched once so could be wrong and I actually hope I am because that’s more painful for those horrible bastards.

EDIT - just noticed the still. Looks behind the ball.

Didn‘t look offside but the flag went up,the whistle went and the Darvel back line stopped before the sheep player put the ball in the net,so what happened after the whistle went is irrelevant?

Last edited:
They'd look even more pathetic if they kicked up f*ck about it.

I'm also not 100% sure the boy that got the tap in wasn't offside in the end anyway.

But regardless, it makes it even funnier.
I thought the goalscorer was the offside player as well ,it wasn't the guy that crossed the ball he was about 2 yards onside .

That's football. The Darvel defence played to the whistle though; would it have been a goal if the referee hadn't blown? We'll never know.

The Celtic minded will manage to convince themselves this was part of the all encompassing master conspiracy to help Rangers win the cup by eliminating a team hell bent on (trying to) beat us!
Yet this thread was started by someone mentioning Celtic and full of replies about Celtic. The conspiracy on here is just as bad at times.

They'd look even more pathetic if they kicked up f*ck about it.

I'm also not 100% sure the boy that got the tap in wasn't offside in the end anyway.

But regardless, it makes it even funnier.
The boy who tapped in was offside as the pass was played forward.

It's a thankless job running the line or refereeing, it wouldn't be for me ,but the guy gets the call so wrong,but they were that bad they'd be better keeping it shut or facing even more ridicule. Wonder if we'll have a song going next we meet them.

I assume if it was a Premiership team they would have complained. I think it's simply even more embarassing if they complain and they know that, that's why it's all quiet
Rightly so Aberdeen have been lambasted for their woeful performance in the cup game last night. Surprisingly they haven't as far as I've seen kicked up a fuss about the goal they had chopped off for a wrong offside decision. That must be about as bad a refereeing decision as I have ever seen and we see bad decisions in Scottish football every single week.
Had that decision been given against Celtic and had they lost as a result of it they would have burnt Darvel to the ground. We wouldn't have been very happy either in a similar situation.
Have referees and linesmen or whatever they call themselves these days just not got a clue or don't they care about applying the rules fairly?

You might be right but, explain to me how your theory ties in with decisions like three offside players at the LC final goal, like Kent not touching Brown at Pittordrie but Clancy seeing enough to book him for, like Clancy instinctively booking Kent for diving at St.Mirren but having to rescind the decision, like the linesman failing to see Sakala’s jersey being pulled at Tannadice.
The part where I say they still get stuff wrong is where it ties in

If the manager was in a more comfortable position i think he’d be complaining. Did he even do an interview after the game?

It just confirms that our officials are of such a poor standard (even with VAR we still see the inconsistency in applying the laws of the game)

boy was 2 yards onside - it wasn't even particularly close IMHO.

We had one at high school, which would have ben during their period of success, so he was probably just jumping on the bandwagon at the time. After we left school, he still played fives with us for a good few years and he also became a policeman during that time. He had that 'mightier than thou' attitude and thought he was a cut above. A jumped up arsehole of the highest order, so I hope he is suffering big time these last few weeks. Karma is a bitch. He was also kinda pish at 5's.
Aye well that's exactly what I thought when I found out he was a fan of the sheep. Definitely jumping on the bandwagon.

Clarkson was onside. But Duk and Miovski were offside as the ball was initially played forward behind the Darvel backline.

Should have stood though.

Wish the initial law was brought back. With VAR there would be no dubiety these days.

Last edited:
If the manager was in a more comfortable position i think he’d be complaining. Did he even do an interview after the game?
Don't believe so - i asked a sheep fan from the kids football team and apparently no interview was done - i am surprised he's not been sacked yet if i am honest.

We had one at high school, which would have ben during their period of success, so he was probably just jumping on the bandwagon at the time. After we left school, he still played fives with us for a good few years and he also became a policeman during that time. He had that 'mightier than thou' attitude and thought he was a cut above. A jumped up arsehole of the highest order, so I hope he is suffering big time these last few weeks. Karma is a bitch. He was also kinda pish at 5's.
A jumped up arsehole being a copper, I'm absolutely shocked haha

For all we know, had it been given Darvel could have made it 2-1 anyway; towards the end of the game it was Darvel taking the game to the opposition.

Don't believe so - i asked a sheep fan from the kids football team and apparently no interview was done - i am surprised he's not been sacked yet if i am honest.
Pressure will be on him to resign, personally I hope he holds on for as long as possible :D

Rightly so Aberdeen have been lambasted for their woeful performance in the cup game last night. Surprisingly they haven't as far as I've seen kicked up a fuss about the goal they had chopped off for a wrong offside decision. That must be about as bad a refereeing decision as I have ever seen and we see bad decisions in Scottish football every single week.
Had that decision been given against Celtic and had they lost as a result of it they would have burnt Darvel to the ground. We wouldn't have been very happy either in a similar situation.
Have referees and linesmen or whatever they call themselves these days just not got a clue or don't they care about applying the rules fairly?
I think the linesman jumped the gun when the boy played the through ball I think the guy through the middle was offside for a millisecond but the ball wasn't played to him it was played to the other lad who had run from deep and was clearly on side.Imo the linesman knew he had screwed up but didn't have the bottle to let the ref know he had.

I can just about understand the older fans in their 40s and 50s being deluded enough to think they have a rivally with us but what the hell are the younger ones thinking?

Bizarre.
They are brought up to hate and don't know anything different .......... copyrite Richard ( dick ) Gordon

With a reference to 1971.Hes previously glorified in the death of our fans.
This is one rancid hateful individual.
This goes beyond safely hiding behind a keyboard and sounding off.
I suspect/speculate that hes an odd individual that gives out a creepy, vile vibe and is subsequently shunned in real life due to his attitudes and beliefs.The kind of person that can empty a room.
A brief look at this persons content re posted on FF shows that this person has serious issues. His attitude towards violence and the suffering of ordinary football fans, women and children is as low as one can get in society.Hes fits the NONCE category with these recent comments.
It must have hurt when he didn't get his expected 6 nil victory.
Theirs having a laugh and windup and then there's absolute scumbags like this. I've not looked on their website but if he's not getting pulled up from other fans about his comment about women and children getting a kicking, then their all as bad as each other. They try so so hard to have a rivalry with us it's absolutely pathetic. Non entities every single one of them.

After a defeat like that you'll often hear managers and players say they want a big game to look forward to in order to get over the result. They need to wait until the 22nd April for that so get it up them.

Are you at all familiar with the junior scene? The player who scored for Darvel was apparently on nights later, after the game. A great many junior players played higher level at some point.

I am mate having played it for the best part of a decade.

Of course a lot of guys have played professional and drop down to junior. But it's usually towards the tail end of their careers or because they've been released from their pro clubs.

That's not the case at Darvel.

How many other junior clubs could do this?

I am mate having played it for the best part of a decade.

Of course a lot of guys have played professional and drop down to junior. But it's usually towards the tail end of their careers or because they've been released from their pro clubs.

That's not the case at Darvel.

How many other junior clubs could do this?

Ignore my initial question!

Very much like that feeling when Inverness Caley battered the Tims, all over again.

Loving it, absolutely delighted for Darvel and can't stop laughing at the sheep.

Theirs having a laugh and windup and then there's absolute scumbags like this. I've not looked on their website but if he's not getting pulled up from other fans about his comment about women and children getting a kicking, then their all as bad as each other. They try so so hard to have a rivalry with us it's absolutely pathetic. Non entities every single one of them.
I couldnt have summed it up better myself mate.
I have a feeling that he dips in here too.

Ignore my initial question!

It's a fair question.

I think a lot of people are unfamiliar with the junior scene and think it's just a bunch of hatchet men who didn't make it as professionals.

Couldn't be further from the truth. I played with a lot of guys who could've easily made the step up but they were earning decent enough money at junior and they didn't have to travel the length of the country every other weekend.

Back