Darvel v the sheep

All Goodwin had to do was tell the players to pretend the team in blue were Rangers and they would have tried harder.

Reactions: VGM
from the facebook page Walk Highlands:

Walkhighlands

38m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
We've a walk near you, wherever you are in Scotland.
For example, if you live in Darvel and currently have a hangover this one might help recovery.

Laughing my tits off, but what a riddy for Scottish football. This is meant to be one of our best teams playing a junior team.

I think the linesman jumped the gun when the boy played the through ball I think the guy through the middle was offside for a millisecond but the ball wasn't played to him it was played to the other lad who had run from deep and was clearly on side.Imo the linesman knew he had screwed up but didn't have the bottle to let the ref know he had.
In any event, you can’t score after the ref’s whistle. They never had a goal “chopped off”, play had stopped.

Still not convinced.

The ball wasn't played back or straight across the line, hence why I said forward.

Aberdeen player on the far side looks offside in that pick.
He's clearly behind the ball? Doesn't matter if the ball is forward if he is behind it.

Rightly so Aberdeen have been lambasted for their woeful performance in the cup game last night. Surprisingly they haven't as far as I've seen kicked up a fuss about the goal they had chopped off for a wrong offside decision. That must be about as bad a refereeing decision as I have ever seen and we see bad decisions in Scottish football every single week.
Had that decision been given against Celtic and had they lost as a result of it they would have burnt Darvel to the ground. We wouldn't have been very happy either in a similar situation.
Have referees and linesmen or whatever they call themselves these days just not got a clue or don't they care about applying the rules fairly?
Technically it wasn’t chopped off as the flag went up before he even crossed it and whistle blew early. The defenders and keeper stopped while the cross was coming in.

Was a terrible decision though, no idea how the linesman even seen the Aberdeen player as he had about 4-5 players between him and the linesman.

gn16.png
That wasn’t the offside call was it? It was on Clarkson before he put the cross in.

Just had another laugh at their forum. Hun this hun that. Just had the worst result in their history and all some of them can talk about is us. Deluded fucktards think they are still a big club. “Least we’ve not been liquidated” seems to be their wee comfort blanket this morning. Had the chance to spend money and win the league when Delia was the manager of the tims and shat it like they always have. Scum.

Surely people aren't saying the goal was offside? It was a disgraceful (but hilarious) decision.
Mate, there are people who would argue black was white if it suited their particular point of view.

It wasn’t offside in a month of Sundays, the type that would have this forum in complete meltdown at the “blatant cheating”

I find the terrible call absolutely hilarious myself as it’s at Aberdeens expense.

Mate, there are people who would argue black was white if it suited their particular point of view.

It wasn’t offside in a month of Sundays, the type that would have this forum in complete meltdown at the “blatant cheating”

I find the terrible call absolutely hilarious myself as it’s at Aberdeens expense.
I've said before that I find it strange that people brag about not watching any other football, but it certainly shows when they don't know the very basics.

Aberdeen's downfall is the lack of talent. Zero players have skills to pass a player. You KNOW that a player will pass when tackled. Such a team could be lucky and fluke a win against better teams but just as likely can have disasters like against Darvel.

Makes you appreciate Kent, Tillman, Sakala and defenders who move forward when space opens up in front of them.

Missing Hagi -and Joe Aribo was a big loss for such reasons!!!

Aberdeen's downfall is the lack of talent. Zero players have skills to pass a player. You KNOW that a player will pass when tackled. Such a team could be lucky and fluke a win against better teams but just as likely can have disasters like against Darvel.

Makes you appreciate Kent, Tillman, Sakala and defenders who move forward when space opens up in front of them.

We had posters crying out for us to sign that wee diving bastard Duk in recent weeks.

On paper Aberdeen probably have the 4th best squad in the country.

im not sure how this relates to game or thread but Ive been chuckling along at a lot of stuff tonight and this made me laugh more than anything!

It's a pic that's always made me laugh over the years too! When something really good happens i post it, and those sheep-shaggin bastards getting pumped out the cup by a non-league team was just too good an opportunity to pass up on! :D

The Manager was on Talk Sport, spoke really well. He's only go to Everton if their Chairman made better pies than his current one.

from the facebook page Walk Highlands:

Walkhighlands

38m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
We've a walk near you, wherever you are in Scotland.
For example, if you live in Darvel and currently have a hangover this one might help recovery.
And if you're an Aberdeen fan being gored to death by a wild boar might take your mind off the game.

Back