The Pyro Debate - be aware any demented responses will result in a banning

I think they look great but it’s easy for me to say when I’m watching from afar. Best when all the ultras are together and everyone knows the score.

Absolutely. To hell with personal responsibility. Nobody should be responsible for their own decisions. PS should have enough people on duty to search 49000 people to prevent this.

PS should also do more to prevent those drinking in the Louden from getting drunk.
Disgraceful.
So why is PS trying to put it on the Clubs?
Thanks for your insightful contribution officer
Another Petty jibe at the Louden

Club are quite happy using pictures of pyro for marketing purposes when it suits and if it was such a big issue they could’ve nipped it in the bud ages ago

I like the pyro at the football - wouldn’t hold one up myself but do enjoy it

I think more to the point PS should do their job and not deflect it onto the Clubs
If PS is saying no pyro, they should take the necessary steps to prevent it from entering the grounds
It is impossible for the police to rigorously search 50000 people. You’d need people turning up 3 or 4 hours before kick off and queuing to be able to do the required checks

its one of those things that i think looks great as a display but i hate being near it

We were in the back row of the lower at easter road last year and one was dropped from the upper at the beginning of the display, obviously a complete accident but missed me by about 2 feet

Very close to a serious accident and lucky it didnt hit anyone

I would like to see a ban for individuals bringing them into the stadium without authorisation from the club. Exception being having them confined to the UB area where the use of pyros can be contained within a responsible organised group.

That might also give some of those with health or otherwise issues a fair chance to select seating that is at a safe distance from pyro displays.

So how do the Clubs do it?
They can’t. But the club could retrospectively look to identify people and ban them if they wanted to but they haven’t

People might then point out they can’t due to hoodies/balaclavas but again if the club wanted to, they could go down guilt by association if they wanted to but again they don’t

The club aren’t exactly going to say they condone it but using images for marketing purposes and them not closing sections shows they’re indifferent to it. I enjoy the pyro

They can’t. But the club could retrospectively look to identify people and ban them if they wanted to but they haven’t

People might then point out they can’t due to hoodies/balaclavas but again if the club wanted to, they could go down guilt by association if they wanted to but again they don’t

The club aren’t exactly going to say they condone it but using images for marketing purposes and them not closing sections shows they’re indifferent to it. I enjoy the pyro
Pyro is, without doubt, a good addition to the atmosphere, but I think it should be organised by the Clubs, the same as when we win the Cup and the display after the presentation

It is impossible for the police to rigorously search 50000 people. You’d need people turning up 3 or 4 hours before kick off and queuing to be able to do the required checks

It happens at German football grounds.

It even happens at German hockey rinks. Every fan gets a pat down by a steward before entering the SAP for a hockey game.

As has been mentioned, when done properly it looks awesome at times, and deffo adds to the atmosphere. It’s the idiots that throw them on the park or at away fans that need stopped. I’m deffo for them.

The club usually identify misbehaving indivduals by their seat location via CCTV. Then take acrtion. In some serious cases they have also banned the ST holder even if someone else was using their ticket at the time. They both get banned.

Pyro is, without doubt, a good addition to the atmosphere, but I think it should be organised by the Clubs, the same as when we win the Cup and the display after the presentation
I disagree. I’ve been to MLS games where there’s proper smoke machines on the trackside infront of fans and it looks terrible and fake.

There’s no point in pyro if it’s not being set off by fans standing in the terraces in my opinion. The UB pyro display at st johnstone in November for example - if that was 2 smoke machines it would’ve been absolutely shit, instead it was done properly and looked class

As has been mentioned, when done properly it looks awesome at times, and deffo adds to the atmosphere. It’s the idiots that throw them on the park or at away fans that need stopped. I’m deffo for them.
Anyone throwing a flare or smoke bomb into a crowded stand deserves to be given criminal charges.

That is a wholly different situation to people holding up pyro as park of a display and then ensuring it’s fully burnt out before placing it on the deck

I’m all for it as long as the people using them are sensible and considerate of others. I did go a bit daft when we won 55, whole neighbourhood was like the Hindu festival Holi.

So why is PS trying to put it on the Clubs?
Thanks for your insightful contribution officer
Another Petty jibe at the Louden
Read the post again it was about putting the buck with PS and not the club being the issue nothing to do with those who use pyro
I read and fully understood the post I replied to. It suggested that it should be the responsibility of the police to prevent people breaking the law, rather than than the responsibility being on the individual to act within the law.

I disagree. I’ve been to MLS games where there’s proper smoke machines on the trackside infront of fans and it looks terrible and fake.

There’s no point in pyro if it’s not being set off by fans standing in the terraces in my opinion. The UB pyro display at st johnstone in November for example - if that was 2 smoke machines it would’ve been absolutely shit, instead it was done properly and looked class
What I had in mind was a straight line in front of the Broomloan, controlled and safe

If we organised it safely and as part of an overall display, it would look amazing.

Hate it. No place in the stands. When the UB had the flares the other week there it fucked my chest as someone with weak lungs and it also destroyed my jacket with bombers.

Totally unnecessary. Looks nice for about 20 seconds then just chokes you and you can't see shit. Doesn't do anything for the atmosphere as people are too busy taking photos.

Fan marches or displays like the Clydeside etc, sure, but in the stadium it's just wee guy pish

PAOK fans:

pyrotechnics.jpg

UK fans:

GettyImages-1348296336-scaled.jpg

No one is telling me that Chelsea games looks a better atmosphere and more intense experience than the PAOK example.

If they do it safely and properly no complaints. The current methods of just doing it wherever probably needs fixed. If the club won't give them safe standing and areas designated for it, they seem the type who will do it anyway so it's a bit of a stand off between the board being seen to accommodate them.

It's a worthwhile debate to be had but the hatred some fans show for one another can be great-taking - any incidents of that will see you banned.

For what 's worth - I'm for safe pyro on a scale that makes it worthwhile - not individual stragglers doing their own thing.

UB organised displays - great

Randoms taking their own smoke bombs etc just looks ridiculous and I dare say it’s probably folk that’s had a fair few drinks and probably not the full shilling.

No pyro no party.
No reason it can’t be organised and safely done .
We had some fucking brilliant title and cup win celebrations over the years without pyro.

It has been a bit of a novelty here but lets face it we're just trying to copy the south and eastern european clubs who had been doing it for years. There are plenty other ways to create an atmosphere without smoke bombs or flares.

Normally it is confined to one area of the ground. I would think that sniffer dogs could be trainedand therefore with a will not an insurmountable problem

Not sure where you're suggesting that you hide your flare that a pat down wouldn't feel it?

Stewards at German football/hockey pat down legs, pockets, check your back and check your hood. They also check every bag.
There’s a quick Pat down that you get most places and then there’s a rigorous Pat down/check when you need to empty pockets/go through a few lines of people checking you

Seville and Warsaw were proper checks

Normally it is confined to one area of the ground. I would think that sniffer dogs could be trainedand therefore with a will not an insurmountable problem
At Ibrox, that’s understandable. The 50000 quickly becomes 3500/4000

At stadiums like Parkhead and hampden, it would be virtually impossible due to the design.

All for it, adds to the spectacle and atmosphere at games.

Also highly hypocritical of clubs who use photos of pyrotechnic displays to try and eradicate it, though understand why they have to do it.
I agree that it adds to the spectacle, but does it really add to the atmosphere?

People mock folk that do stuff for likes on social media, but when all's said and done that is all pyro is. Fan groups trying to out do each other for the best visual spectacle to share around on twitter.

In terms of atmosphere, something like the Parma game or Dynamo Kiev knocks it into a cocked hat and there wasnt so much as a party popper let off on those nights.

Back