McInnes unhappy about Lafferty exit

ItsInTheNet

Kyle Lafferty was involved in a disciplinary dispute before being released by Kilmarnock on transfer deadline day.

The Northern Ireland international made a shock exit from Rugby Park with manager Derek McInnes later confirming that he did not want his striker to leave.

Kilmarnock's board of directors took the decision to end Lafferty's contract and Herald and Times Sport can reveal this conclusion was decided following a breach of club rules.

Lafferty recently returned from a 10-game ban imposed by the Scottish Football Association for making a sectarian comment on a night out while on international duty, which was filmed and uploaded on social media.

Asked about the departure yesterday, McInnes explained: “It wasn’t perfect for me. The timing was awful to be honest but it was a decision made above me, between the board and Kyle.

“Unfortunately it left us short on what we were trying to get but we move on. I really enjoyed working with Kyle and we wish him well but unfortunately for us the timing wasn’t great.

“I feel as if he’s somebody I’ll always be there for and I’ll keep the relationship with him, but unfortunately I’m no longer going to be his manager and we move on.”

A club statement read: “It’s with regret that Kyle Lafferty and Kilmarnock Football Club have parted company by mutual consent. We thank Kyle for his service to the club.”

Lafferty played in four games since returning from his suspension and during his second stint at Rugby Park he scored 11 goals.

Despite the setback of losing Lafferty – and Oli Shaw who signed for Barnsley on deadline day – McInnes was delighted with the performance from his side as they defeated Dundee United last night.

He added: “Tonight the performance was everything I wanted and I thought the performance was great from the players.

“I thought my two strikers were terrific all night, other than scoring a goal which is a huge part of the job. But in terms of leading the line, they were almost faultless from that side of it.

“We just need to make sure that we carry more of a threat. That was a 1-0 game tonight and it should’ve been more for us.”

The reporting is twisted as usual.Its made to look like he was making sectarian comments when in fact he thought he was letting a fan have a selfie when it was a mhank who then made a comment which Lafferty responded to.It was spur of the moment and the tramp was the instigator.
But it worked, that's what the paedophile was pushing for.

Kyle was ambushed and he walked headlong into it, he needs to be a lot more intelligent.

If I was Derek McInnes I’d resign. Assuming his job was to steer clear of relegation, the Kilmarnock board have just made his job so much harder.

It’s akin to your boss asking for a report by 5pm then promptly smashing your computer

They are building their own training pitch on the edge of town so they will no longer have to train at rugby park anymore and can have a proper grass pitch again.

In years gone by Killie used to have one of the best pitches in Scotland
Yeah it was a terrific pitch played on it very nice it was

Chances it was a financial issue? Perhaps Killie have fined him in line proportionately with size of the ban, or the lack of squad inclusion bonuses for the games he missed out on? Either that, or maybe he had a run in with someone of importance at the club?

Last edited:
Chances it was a financial issue? Perhaps Killie have fined him in line proportionately with size of the ban, or the lack of squad inclusion bonuses for the games he missed out on? Either that, or he had a run in with someone of importance at the club.
Nothing financial about it.

Him and Jones were both removed on Tuesday. They didn't manage to get Wigan to agree to cancelling the Jones agreement until 10 minutes before the deadline!

McInnes didn't want rid of either.

I am sure one of the directors at Kilmarnock was done for drink driving only a few years ago. I do not remember her being sacked. Then again though Kyle did use a naughty word which is by far much worse than jumping behind the wheel pissed and driving with potential for killing someone. Hypocrisy really is an amazing thing.

I think Lafferty is a victim of his cultural background,His whole 10 game ban and his eventual departure from killie would have been handled differently if he was a republican murder gang supporter.
That's exactly what's happened here. It's not just Scotland, we the majority are being made out to be the oppressors of the minorities.

To make it even worse, this is being backed up by well off types who shout about white privelage, that have far more privelage than most of us.

Sturgeon calling everyone homphobes, racists and bigots is the ideal example of the mindset, which is prevalent.

The IRA are becoming folk heroes to these clowns.

They are building their own training pitch on the edge of town so they will no longer have to train at rugby park anymore and can have a proper grass pitch again.

In years gone by Killie used to have one of the best pitches in Scotland

Where abouts is this mate?

Him and Jones were both removed on Tuesday. They didn't manage to get Wigan to agree to cancelling the Jones agreement until 10 minutes before the deadline!

Is this a way of saying Lafferty chucked it because his pal got punted back to his club? Or did something happen that with the pair of them prior to the loan being cancelled?

Is this a way of saying Lafferty chucked it because his pal got punted back to his club? Or did something happen that with the pair of them prior to the loan being cancelled?
Something happened with the pair of them as far as I know.

Killie players have pretty much been told not to say anything about it. Was just alluded to when I was talking to someone connected to one of the Kilmarnock players as I said I was surprised that Lafferty had left. They had then said Jones had left too, but the media didn't report that until yesterday as it was done bang on the deadline closing for registration.

Something happened with the pair of them as far as I know.

Killie players have pretty much been told not to say anything about it. Was just alluded to when I was talking to someone connected to one of the Kilmarnock players as I said I was surprised that Lafferty had left. They had then said Jones had left too, but the media didn't report that until yesterday as it was done bang on the deadline closing for registration.
No worries. Will probably be around social media by the end of tonight!

I agree with your take on the money side of things.

He sat in the stand for weeks when he was banned and then came straight back into the team. If it were based on freeing up his wages he'd have been away or listed as soon as he was free of suspension after the window opened.

Back