You should've been there...

TamS-RFC

Couple of days ago I mentioned in a Davie Cooper thread my old man showing me an old VCR recording of that free-kick and the noise it made hitting the net.

Outstanding, but my envy will always be directed to the lucky bastards that were at Easter Road in 05 given my age.

What game do you wish you seen in the flesh?

Helicopter Sunday without a doubt.

Had been at all the games that season but was out the country for this and had no expectancy on what would transpire

Barcelona 72
Scottish cup final 1973

Would also figure I was but a young child on those occasions

Kiev for me. Or maybe the league decided v Aberdeen when Hately scored a double

Parma was great demolishing Strum Graz 5-0 was a good night and I was one of the lucky bastards who was there for helicopter Sunday
The one that I don’t think gets a mention but was amazing was 6-1 Dunfermline game was an amazing game and ridiculous to think two teams could be neck and neck going into the last game.

I would love to have experienced the game against Leeds Utd.

I was very lucky to have experienced the Lovenkrands cup final.

I got a ticket from my best mates brother for Easter Road 05. He gave the ticket up because he knew we wouldn’t turn it around.

I know he’ll still be regretting that decision.

A surreal 20 or 30 minutes

I've been at the Piggery in 99 when we won the league.

Was at Hampden for the Lovenkrands winner.

Was at Ibrox for the last day 50th title win in 2003.

Was at Easter Road for Helicopter Sunday.

Was at Ibrox for Leipzig (best of the lot).

Missed and would loved to have been at....

Florence 2008
Tannadice 2009
Kilmarnock 2011
Hampden SF win v the scum under Warburton.

Couple of days ago I mentioned in a Davie Cooper thread my old man showing me an old VCR recording of that free-kick and the noise it made hitting the net.

Outstanding, but my envy will always be directed to the lucky bastards that were at Easter Road in 05 given my age.

Amongst many memorable games …
I was at Pittodrie in 87(on the pitch)
I was at Ibrox for both 5-1 & 4-1 in 88/89
I Was at the Savilledome in 99
I was at Easter road 2005
I was in Lyon in 2007
I was at game in Florence in 2008

But I wasn’t in Barcelona 72, I was only 7

I got a ticket from my best mates brother for Easter Road 05. He gave the ticket up because he knew we wouldn’t turn it around.

I know he’ll still be regretting that decision.

A surreal 20 or 30 minutes
I had a spare that day, and spent 5 minutes on the phone convincing one of my mates to just come for the day out and the swally.

He was skint, couldn't be arsed. I said I'd see him right with a cargo and a few pints.

I have no doubt he was the drunkest man on Paisley Road West that night, and I've never let him forget it.

Started following the Rangers mid 80s home and away. Never had a season ticket until couldn't get a ticket for the final day game, title decider against the sheep . Season ticket purchased that summer.

Any game against them when Jimmy Miller or Ralph ie brand scored our winner against them. My dad's generation.

Macmillan was man of the match that night, by his own standards Baxter was a bit below par but still superb and I was there

Not according to my old man...... :))

Skol cup final 86 and then 87

I've been at the Piggery in 99 when we won the league.

Was at Hampden for the Lovenkrands winner.

Was at Ibrox for the last day 50th title win in 2003.

Was at Easter Road for Helicopter Sunday.

Was at Ibrox for Leipzig (best of the lot).

Missed and would loved to have been at....

Florence 2008
Tannadice 2009
Kilmarnock 2011
Hampden SF win v the scum under Warburton.
Take it you're happily divorced HH :D

I’ve been very lucky since I’ve been going to games that I’ve not missed a game I wanted to attend.
I’d obviously loved to have seen us win our only Euro trophy

Have to many memories of the early 60, wining the league with a Colin Stein header at Easter road in 1978 (I think), the Scottish Cup final of 1973 and the league cup final of 1970. Also European finals from 1967 to last year to worry about a game I have missed.

The Leeds and Marseille games in the first Champions League season were special.
Beating the Sheep on the last day to take the title in 93 was the best for me .
Winning the league on a seesaw day against Dunfermline was magical.
Finally a 10-man win in the cup against the scum at Hampden March 1992

Moscow Dynamo at Ibrox 1945

I was lucky enough to be at Helicopter Sunday. Unbelievable day.

This time last year, the one game I always wished I would've been at was the 2008 UEFA Cup Final as it had always been a real bone of contention for me that I missed out on a ticket for that.

However I scratched that itch with a ticket for last year's Europa League Final whilst I also think the pinnacle of "wish I was there moments" for us came 13 days before that final versus Leipzig and I was there as well.

So I'm pretty content with my lot given I've been at all the big games (Manchester apart) of the last couple decades.

Been to most of the games from 99 title win, helicopter Sunday etc.

the one I couldn’t get to was Kilmarnock. Looked unreal on the tv and I was gutted I couldn’t be there. I wonder how many missed the opening 6 mins or so finishing their last pint in the pub or bowling club around kick off time.

Back