Where would Rangers finish in the English championship.

Interstellar

Was looking over Beales time with QPR in the championship, good form followed by a drastic downturn.

For people who watch the championship how competitive is it and what is the quality like outside the top six teams?

Where would Rangers finish in it?

In the past you saw Scottish players taking that league by storm, players like McCormack, dorrans, Rhodes. Mcginn more recently.

Outside a few teams, rangers revenue can't be too far behind some of them, although I understand we get a massive chunk for European participation.

Was looking over Beales time with QPR in the championship, good form followed by a drastic downturn.

For people who watch the championship how competitive is it and what is the quality like outside the top six teams?

Where would Rangers finish in it?

In the past you saw Scottish players taking that league by storm, players like McCormack, dorrans, Rhodes. Mcginn more recently.

Outside a few teams, rangers revenue can't be too far behind some of them, although I understand we get a massive chunk for European participation.

We’d have it won by Christmas

Would you give up on Europe for the foreseeable for rangers to be in the premier League?
It's an interesting question
If you want Rangers to be as good as they can be then the answer has to be yes. Access to EPL money and competition could only improve the club
If you want to see Rangers win prizes, and don't mind the quality of the prizes, then the answe is no. There are big clubs in England that go 50 years without winning a trophy and the gap between have and have not is getting bigger.

It’s a very tough league with lots of teams who have Premiership experience and ultimately want to get back there. It would be extremely hard. Here would be a snapshot of some of our fixtures. Based on the current Championship clubs playing in that league.
Rangers v. Huddersfield.
Blackburn v. Rangers.
Rangers v. Millwall.
Preston North End v. Rangers.
Rangers v. Sunderland.
Burnley v. Rangers.
Rangers v. Stoke City. Personally I would like this fixture at the New Year for a proper Loving Cup ceremony!!
And while we are in this fantasy realm which domestic cup or cups would we feature? Scottish League Cup, English League Cup or a new revamped British League Cup?
Over to you my fellow dreamers…

Covid hit a lot of these clubs badly. Previously part-wealthy clubs like Swansea, QPR, Stoke and WBA are skint.

There are about a dozen clubs who literally won’t have a single player on over £10k a week - Huddersfield, Preston, Millwall, Luton, Blackpool, Wigan, Rotherham, Coventry etc.

Bar Burnley, we would be the wealthiest club in the league.

We would be the best team in the league. In the championship that doesn’t always get you up but there’s not one team we would play from the championship that I wouldn’t expect us to beat.

They don’t spend money and pay wages to the level people think. Rangers will pay bigger wages that the vast vast majority of the clubs in that league.

The Championship is the 6th richest league in Europe. It’s extremely tough to get out of.

However, after a short period of enjoying the financial rewards of being in it I believe we’d be highly competitive.
The finances are weighted to teams with parachute payments most others struggle for cash in comparison.
While it is tough a season of adjustment would see us out of it I would think.

We'd be top by a distance.

You regularly see players who were average at best go down their and look like world beaters because the quality is so poor. Sure it is a hard slug, but then again so is playing in the Europa league and the the SPFL every Thursday/Sunday and we manage that pretty well.

I honestly don't know they get as much TV money as they do, when the quality is so poor and the viewing figures are significantly less than the cinch Premiership. It can't just be put down to incompetence by the SPFL board, can it?

We aren’t even top of the SPL so to say we would win the Championship with ease is a bit of a stretch. Very competitive league where if you take the top 2/3 and bottom 2/3 out there is nothing between the sides in that league.

The Championship is the 6th richest league in Europe. It’s extremely tough to get out of.

However, after a short period of enjoying the financial rewards of being in it I believe we’d be highly competitive.

Our current side would stroll the Championship.

Burnley and Sheffield Utd are currently well clear in 1st and 2nd. They are a level at least below us.

I think we would struggle. At least 3 seasons to get out of it. Remember we didn’t get out the Scottish Championship at the first attempt.
I do think we are good enough, it’s just that we would need to adjust. Even so, it will never happen.

In current circumstances we would be battling for a playoff place. Despite the delusion of many on here, there are some very good teams in the championship, with highly rated and valuable players.

However, if we got into the championship and stayed there for a couple of years with the money available, we would probably get promotion to the EPL quite quickly

If we got into that league with the opportunity to progress into the EPL we would be bought by some oil billionaire.
It would also be a smart investment.
Within five years the club would be worth a fortune.

Would we have the same revenue? Assuming we wouldn't have European revenue or parachute payments. Could be a struggle.

The current team would be near the top of the league.

Would you give up on Europe for the foreseeable for rangers to be in the premier League?
Absolutely.
If we had any potential routes into the EPL, we would be nuts not to take it.
We to leave behind the prejudicial backwater that is Scottish football if we have any hope of long-term salvation.
One season in the EPL would be worth more financially than 10 seasons of European football.

I think we would struggle. At least 3 seasons to get out of it. Remember we didn’t get out the Scottish Championship at the first attempt.
I do think we are good enough, it’s just that we would need to adjust. Even so, it will never happen.
We are a completely different animal now. 9 months ago we were in a European final having destroyed the likes of Dortmund.

We've went from champions league groups and european finalists to 'playoff in championship'

Jesus.

We would win it no bother.
Huddersfield have went from play off final to bottom three.

We are all delighted to have just signed a player who wasn’t getting a game for Norwich who are currently 7th in the Championship.

It’s a far far tougher league than the SPL that we can’t win no bother.

Obviously though with the money on offer down South I’d expect us to have a far better squad to be giving it a go with.

Back