AC Milan/Rolling Stones Collaboration

hullohullo2304

So tinpot eh? Absolutely shocking AC Milan trying to fleece their poor supporters like that by collaborating with a cool rock band.

Or maybe in the real world people actually like things like this and can appreciate it for what it is, two big brands combining to make something unique.

Looks like it is being well received. Would be nice if the majority of our fans where as open minded with the AC/DC collaboration.

The Milan stuff is cool. Ours looks like some cheap Turkey knock off.

The thing about a collab is that it needs to be a ‘mash up’. The Rolling Stone lick inside the Milan badge is genius, it’s inventive and cool. All we’ve done is stick an AC/DC logo on the other breast of the shirt and moved castore to the sleeve.

We’ve also not got any leisure Merch, just a version of a football kit, hat and scarf. That Milan bomber in the pics will sell like crazy.

The thing about a collab is that it needs to be a ‘mash up’. The Rolling Stone lick inside the Milan badge is genius, it’s inventive and cool. All we’ve done is stick an AC/DC logo on the other breast of the shirt and moved castore to the sleeve.

We’ve also not got any leisure Merch, just a version of a football kit, hat and scarf. That Milan bomber in the pics will sell like crazy.

I don't know mate. I do agree with your point about the quality issue.

However, can you imagine putting the lick over the Rangers badge, people on here would would be going mental. It would no doubt be disrespectful to the badge, etc.

Also there is also price point. The Milan bomber is very good quality and I am sure that will be reflected in the price. We have offered several types of product that are much more accessible to everyone. Can't afford the top, at least they can buy a hat or scarf.

If we offered a bomber like this (can you really see people walking about Govan wearing that?) would people not be complaining that they cannot afford it, etc?

I don't know mate. I do agree with your point about the quality issue.

However, can you imagine putting the lick over the Rangers badge, people on here would would be going mental. It would no doubt be disrespectful to the badge, etc.

Also there is also price point. The Milan bomber is very good quality and I am sure that will be reflected in the price. We have offered several types of product that are much more accessible to everyone. Can't afford the top, at least they can buy a hat or scarf.

If we offered a bomber like this (can you really see people walking about Govan wearing that?) would people not be complaining that they cannot afford it, etc?
The team wouldn’t be wearing it, and it wouldn’t be a picture of a turd in the badge, just a wee AC/DC logo in the background or something. It’s a collab with a rock band, anyone regarding that as disrespectful is nuts.

Anything but yet another shirt. Let’s have it right, they’ve gone down the shirt route because that’s Castore’s wheelhouse - they can fire them out quicker and cheaper than a bomber or a cotton hoodie.

I wonder if there’s a Milan forum right now saying that bomber looks awful, we wish Puma had done a version of the home shirt and stuck the Rolling Stones logo on it.

I’ve just looked at the full Stones range on the Milan website - Hoodies, Wallets, mugs, baseball hats, t shirts, festival style bands - all so easy to produce and at different price points, so if you want to get the premium bomber but can’t afford it, there’s other options to still be involved.

Last edited:

Spot on. I have no issue with a collaboration, it’s the poor execution that annoys.

Looks like it took about five minutes to design the top.

Given the UB’s displays, an Iron Maiden shirt properly designed would shift by the barrel load. If they were prepared to get involved.

Because the vast majority of fans had no issue with the idea. It's fairly common practice for most big clubs to look outside the box for collaborative partners these days — I've even worked on some of them. The problem lay in the execution.
It’s a matter of perspective. You’ve got the fans who are open minded to it like you and I, and see it as something new and interesting to explore, then there’s the other side who jump on any and every new product Castore and the club release with negativity.

It’s impossible to say the vast majority are for or against it. I know people who like new releases, some others who want 2 kits and 1 trackie released per season and others who are ambivilant.

I agree on the execution and I think for me that’s the biggest issue. It feels like we are stuck in a cycle of mediocrity with Castore. Their designs, brand, materials, marketing and pricing are just poor for me.

When you see Newcastle trying to get away from them, and the stable of other random sides they’ve got, including footballing giants like Charlton and Salford, it just feels like we deserve so much more as a fanbase. I can see us sticking with them too, if the terms on offer are the best, which is right from a business point of view. I just wish the 2 would align where we could finally get a top dog like Nike or Adidas to take us on.

Because the vast majority of fans had no issue with the idea. It's fairly common practice for most big clubs to look outside the box for collaborative partners these days — I've even worked on some of them. The problem lay in the execution.

That's not the impression I got from the vast majority of fans who were going mental about it, it was described tinpot, disgusting, the most embarrassing thing thats ever happened at Rangers. That's not criticising the 'execution'.

There’s more to come from the AC/DC range.

That's not the impression I got from the vast majority of fans who were going mental about it, it was described tinpot, disgusting, the most embarrassing thing thats ever happened at Rangers. That's not criticising the 'execution'.
The only thing embarrassing about the link up was the reaction of some of the fans.

FF moans about everything.
Exactly. The self abuse is getting boring now. If you don’t like it. Don’t buy it. Stop pissing on everyone else’s chips.

Unless I’m missing something AC Milan have as much a link to the Rolling Stones as a giraffe. Our link with AC/DC may be distant but it’s still a link which can hopefully raise Rangers profile even a little.

Hearing of tims binning them from playlists has been a childish win as well.

Exactly. The self abuse is getting boring now. If you don’t like it. Don’t buy it. Stop pissing on everyone else’s chips.

Unless I’m missing something AC Milan have as much a link to the Rolling Stones as a giraffe. Our link with AC/DC may be distant but it’s still a link which can hopefully raise Rangers profile even a little.

Hearing of tims binning them from playlists has been a childish win as well.
The stones played the only Italian leg of their world tour at San Siro last year and there was a v1 of the collab at the time.

Id say that’s more of a link than Angus Young supporting Rangers in the 70s

A uniquely designed baseball jacket vs. a recycled legends top with the AC/DC logo on it.

The quicker we dump these template merchants, the better.

Right up my street this stuff.

Some of the gear looks terrific.

Pity we couldn’t get the Stones as a Colab, that would have been tremendous, but AC/DC is a great connection even though the stuff doesn’t look great.

We may have sold out, but I would be interested to know how many pieces they ran. I blame our commercial and Castore team for some of this.

The Castore range is very hit and miss, overpriced, and yet the club continues to be in bed with this company. I feel sorry for our supporters who pay £65 for a top only to see it reduced to £20 a few months later.

Fair enough if that was the case. Let me amend that to the vast majority of sensible fans* :D

You know what the internet is like with these kind of things. Empty vessels make the most noise. Particularly when it comes to the relatively new phenomenon of pop culture/artist/fashion crossovers. An element fans instinctively bristle at it as modern football nonsense.

The idea of a small lifestyle capsule with a stadium rock band like AC/DC isn't a bad way to enter the space. There's an obvious demographic and it lends itself to some cool storytelling. The way Castore has done it looks rushed and a bit of a waste, but doubt it's been a big lift for them/the club anyway in terms of resources.

FWIW, a club like AC Milan (and their rivals) are operating on another level entirely with their merchandise, so it's a bit of an unfair comparison. After the Qatari's at PSG came along and reinvented them as the streetwear brand of football, the Italian's (given Italy's links to fashion) have been desperate to do similar — mostly unsuccessfully. Before Covid, Juventus were throwing crazy sums of money at different designers and sponsored campaigns, while Inter have tried to take a more elevated approach going down the luxury route. A club like Rangers doesn't have the financial or even legal clout to do that. Milan's stuff, for example, is done by Roc Nation, rather than a sports partner.

Anyone that shares your viewpoint needs to take a look out the window and spend less time on here/twitter, in all honesty.

I though they were going to be playing in the stadium.

Was the whole Harry Styles thing a one off? Or is that something the club are looking at doing more often with bands playing in the summer ?

With over 200million record sales they are the biggest rock band in the world.
Still selling every day and probably the most recognised logo worldwide.
How anybody can moan is weird.

Was that the guys off supporters buses, group chats including groups of friends or boys in the pub?

Or was it FF and Twitter?

Genuine question.

Back