You need to have swagger as Rangers Manager

You trust him and that gives him integrity. He is a Rangers man through seeing and feeling our history and accepting it's responsibility and learning from it.

You don’t need swagger , swagger is arrogance. You certainly need confidence and he seems to have it in abundance.

Swagger is not arrogance, Arfield has the biggest swagger in Scotland and I believe he is in no way arrogant.
Google the words Swagger meaning.

And Another definition gives you. to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner. especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence. : boast, brag. transitive verb.11 Jan 2023

So yes Michael Beale does not have swagger

Google the words Swagger meaning.

And Another definition gives you. to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner. especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence. : boast, brag. transitive verb.11 Jan 2023

So yes Michael Beale does not have swagger

A word doesn’t have to have all parts of its definition to still be used. Beale has a self confidence about him and I think that’s a good thing.

Superb handling of the press conferences from my perspective, informative and handles some of the more pointed questions well. Do any of the FF staffers in attendance get to have a private word on occasion? Just curious.

I think behind the scenes he'll be strong and passionate. Did he not get sent off during a game at the piggery in the Gerrard era?

Last edited:
It seems like he quite enjoys the pressers rather than dread them like most managers but im sure the media here will soon beat that out him.

I'm back to watching and looking forward to every interview again.

His knowledge on the Scottish game is also very impressive, he was sitting naming ex Ross County players and talking about where they have ended up etc, he is very meticulous.

A word doesn’t have to have all parts of its definition to still be used. Beale has a self confidence about him and I think that’s a good thing.
I agree with you that Beale has self confidence. I think he’s got it in abundance. I don’t think it needs to be confused with swagger. Swagger has connotations of arrogance. Why would we suggest that our manager is arrogant in any way. Doesn’t make sense to me. If people are confusing swagger with down right confidence then that’s fine. But just call him confident.

Superb handling of the press conferences from my perspective, informative and handles some of the more pointed questions well. Do any of the FF staffers in attendance get to have a private word on occasion? Just curious.

I think behind the scenes he'll be a strong and passionate. Did he not get sent off during a game at the piggery in the Gerrard era?
Yep, when Clancy gave Morelos a 2nd yellow for diving even though he was 40 yards behind the incident and didn't have the angle to see it properly - yellow card was out before Morelos had even landed on the floor. Beale went tonto at him and called him a cheat I believe, then squared up to Bravenose before being huckled up the tunnel. Glorious!

Agree. I think the main attribute for a Rangers manager to succeed, domestically anyway, is self confidence and being good at man management.

Yep, when Clancy gave Morelos a 2nd yellow for diving even though he was 40 yards behind the incident and didn't have the angle to see it properly - yellow card was out before Morelos had even landed on the floor. Beale went tonto at him and called him a cheat I believe, then squared up to Bravenose before being huckled up the tunnel. Glorious!
That's it. Remember it now.

No he didn't ffs. They bumped into each other in a cafe and chatted for a couple of minutes.
That was my take, after the media article was released I recall he was asked at a press conference and he said they lived in the same area and literally met by chance in a coffee shop. Now its a candlelit dinner :))

That was my take, after the media article was released I recall he was asked at a press conference and he said they lived in the same area and literally met by chance in a coffee shop. Now its a candlelit dinner :))
"Gio could you pass the gravy mate?" *cough*

Last edited:
No he didn't ffs. They bumped into each other in a cafe and chatted for a couple of minutes.
FFS were you the waiter,
They are pictured sitting down at a coffee shop WHICH in mine and lots of other bears opinions is being to nice to the fat retard. You seem more angry with some bears opinion's.. If I bump into someone and chat for a few mins, that is not the same as sitting down and having a coffee OR dinner with them..... Point being Gio WAS to respectful or nice or soft to the cnut and what was the outcome of this... Us turning from being invincible into cannon fodder for them peado cnts and then the rest of the league started trying that bit harder against us ( if that's posobile)... So I am sorry if you don't think Gio was to soft, but I for one would take MB's approach 100% before going back to that. Look at the same players (ALMOST) and the way they are performing now under MB, Yes you need to show respect to your opponents but that does not mean you lay down to them, would the CL games ended the way they did under SG or MB .. I think we all know the answer to that

Arriving late to this thread, I would disagree that Rangers managers need to have swagger. What successful Rangers managers need to have is an air of superiority about them. Two of our most successful managers in my lifetime, Scot Symon and Walter Smith had that about them. Although some of my friends would disagree, Bill Struth was before my time but from what I have heard from much missed family, he had that air of superiority too.

Like all things in life, nothing stays the same but during most of these three gentlemen managerial careers with us, our opponents knew Struth, Symon and Walter and their various teams were better than them.

I have been very impressed listening to Michael Beale in his press conferences so far. He comes across as a very knowledgable and straightforward man but who is not backward at a little bit of mind games. Such mind games are not a modern phenomenon as Bill Struth was a master at getting into the heads of our opponents.

Michael Beale and his current players must now start to impose themselves on our opponents to ensure that they (our opponents) know in the near future that we are better than them in ever way conceivable both on and off the park.

Beale is fucking class. Just listen to him talk about football and you know he’s the best of the best for Rangers manager.

FFS were you the waiter,

They are pictured sitting down at a coffee shop WHICH in mine and lots of other bears opinions is being to nice to the fat retard. You seem more angry with some bears opinion's.. If I bump into someone and chat for a few mins, that is not the same as sitting down and having a coffee OR dinner with them..... Point being Gio WAS to respectful or nice or soft to the cnut and what was the outcome of this... Us turning from being invincible into cannon fodder for them peado cnts and then the rest of the league started trying that bit harder against us ( if that's posobile)... So I am sorry if you don't think Gio was to soft, but I for one would take MB's approach 100% before going back to that. Look at the same players (ALMOST) and the way they are performing now under MB, Yes you need to show respect to your opponents but that does not mean you lay down to them, would the CL games ended the way they did under SG or MB .. I think we all know the answer to that
The Parkhead manager said: “Has it? Well, let me try and explain.

"Husband has morning off and goes for breakfast with his wife in his favourite establishment, bumps into colleague and has a chat. How’s that?!”

Van Bronckhorst explained that the pair live in the same area and have bumped into each other "a couple of times".

He said: “We all live in the same area and I’ve met him a couple of times at the coffee shop.

“I was just having breakfast with Ross and he came with his wife and we already met, so we didn’t meet for lunch or breakfast or dinner. It was a coincidence.

“We spoke about the games we’d played then I left him alone with his wife.

“I think it only lasted for one or two minutes but it’s always nice because we are both the manager of our clubs.

“We still enjoy being around the city with coffee or lunch. It’s always good to say hello to a colleague.”

I like Beale a lot. Proper football man who really loves working for Rangers, the old Rangeritis hit him fairly hard. Talks well in press conferences and seems to genuinely like talking about the club and his vision for it with a lot of positivity, I just hope the press up here doesn’t dry that positivity up with their usual negativity. Quite like how MB fired a bit of a warning shot over their bows about the potential criticism of Morelos celebrations and pointing out it’s perhaps the small mindedness of Scottish football that’s the issue and not the player. It’s that which I hope doesn’t grind him down.

Potentially we could have Beale for a lot longer because of his family’s love for scotland as again it’s something that he really seems to value. His kids were desperate to get back to “their happy place”. If Beale is a success he might not be in a hurry to go anywhere as he knows how green the grass is here.

Still walking about with a semi thinking about how good we were! Really hope this is the start of something special

Back