Hibernian owner Ron Gordon fighting cancer.

All the very best to him and family, Can understand what he is going through as I am currently going into week 4 of my own personal radiation treatment, and has basically floored me, tiredness is unreal, being in agony while trying to swallow and have no taste and only eating a small percentage as to what I was used to, but seeing many at hospital complete their treatment and seeing relief on many faces gives you so much positivity, I have not signed in in quite a while but always try to catch up what's going on, one thing that made my night had a big smile on my face was the hearts game the other night with that performance from the boys in blue, hoping for the same tomorrow
Scottie ,stay positive, try to keep as fit as you can during this and you will ring the bell for end of treatment. 13 years ago I had 40 days of radiation and only had half days off work to attend ( my choice ) and keeping busy was my way of dealing with it. This so far has has taken me well into retirement ,held me in good stead and I've never missed a home game in many many years beyond the thirteen. The Gers help us all drive on to better times guys.

Scottie ,stay positive, try to keep as fit as you can during this and you will ring the bell for end of treatment. 13 years ago I had 40 days of radiation and only had half days off work to attend ( my choice ) and keeping busy was my way of dealing with it. This so far has has taken me well into retirement ,held me in good stead and I've never missed a home game in many many years beyond the thirteen. The Gers help us all drive on to better times guys.
Am half way through 3 weeks of 6, over Xmas had tonsils out as that is where cancer started had to have 4 teeth out as well, it is going in to the gruelling part now where have ben advised the fatigue is going to set in and advised could be a possibility of being fed through tube to my stomach as it gets to painful to swallow, but am very positive going forward

Am half way through 3 weeks of 6, over Xmas had tonsils out as that is where cancer started had to have 4 teeth out as well, it is going in to the gruelling part now where have ben advised the fatigue is going to set in and advised could be a possibility of being fed through tube to my stomach as it gets to painful to swallow, but am very positive going forward
Stay positive Scottie.
You can beat this Cnut of a disease.

All the very best mate.

And always stay positive.

My dad had cancer aged 62 and passed away peacefully aged 85

My sister has cancer aged 42 and just had her 64th birthday last year.

Just have faith that the medics are doing their job. I remember my sister worrying that she didn’t have this “positive” attitude and thinking that would hold her back. Her oncologist told her to not give it a second thought. He said “ it’s ok to feel down. It’s the medicine that will get you better”.

That said, it never does any harm to try and keep yourself occupied and as active as you can, given that the treatment can cause tiredness.

My best wishes to you Scottie. Just suck it up just now. It’ll be worth it when the treatments over and you’re well

I know all too well how devastating this illness is having lost my wife in 2021, its impossible to describe the feeling of helplessness which hits you when this disease invades your home and comes calling on a loved one, I wish this gentleman nothing but the best of luck with his fight against this illness.

All the very best to him and family, Can understand what he is going through as I am currently going into week 4 of my own personal radiation treatment, and has basically floored me, tiredness is unreal, being in agony while trying to swallow and have no taste and only eating a small percentage as to what I was used to, but seeing many at hospital complete their treatment and seeing relief on many faces gives you so much positivity, I have not signed in in quite a while but always try to catch up what's going on, one thing that made my night had a big smile on my face was the hearts game the other night with that performance from the boys in blue, hoping for the same tomorrow
Wishing you all the best in your fight mate. I was stage 3 and got a lot of support from people on this board who went through a lot worse than I did and are still here. Stay positive.

Good luck mate you can’t beat the lady's front bottom and hopefully the team put another smile on your face tomorrow

Good luck to the guy

Cancer is a horrible disease and I wish him well and hope he beats it

Cancer on the increase for numerous reasons. One in two people alive right now in the U.K. will be diagnosed with the disease in their lifetime.
Horrible.

All the best mate its 3 months today since I had my last Radio and it has been an absolute murder time. The tiredness is absolutely unbelievable even this far down the line. Good luck with your treatment and if I can help in anyway just drop me a PM.

All the best mate its 3 months today since I had my last Radio and it has been an absolute murder time. The tiredness is absolutely unbelievable even this far down the line. Good luck with your treatment and if I can help in anyway just drop me a PM.
Hope you’re feeling better soon, mate. I was relatively lucky in that I only had 5 sessions of radiotherapy and suffered no ill effects prior to surgery.

Absolute bastard of a disease. I hope Ron, and anyone else in a similar fight, make a full recovery.

Keep on, keeping on Scottie.

All the very best to you bud, stay positive and keep fighting. Hope Rangers give you another happy day tomorrow.

Best wishes to the him and his family, we lost my dad to it 18 years ago, his diagnosis was 3 days before my son was born, my son was only months old when my dad died.

Fuck cancer

50% of us will get cancer and currently more than 50% of us who get it will survive it. The last figure is increasing year on year thankfully. All the best to anyone that gets this can't of a disease.

Happening all the time, people in their prime all of a sudden being struck down with this horrible disease.
Hope he beats it and fully recovers.

Back