John Hartson and Barry Ferguson say Sakala should show respect to celtic

uneasydaz

John Hartson says Fashion Sakala ought to have shown Celtic more respect when discussing his Rangers side's Viaplay Cup final chances.

The Zambian forward referred to the holders as 'the other mob' ahead of their meeting at Hampden on Sunday. Michael Beale's side are trailing behind Ange Postecoglou's by nine points in the Premiership but rivalry has been cranked up a notch ahead of their meeting at the national stadium.

Former Light Blues captain and Record Sport columnistBarry Ferguson reckons respect is key right up until you cross the white line of play, and Hartson agreed that more should be showed towards the Celtic by the Rangers attacker. He explained on Go Radio: "It did not bother me. People can say what they want, you have a job to do at the end of the day. You turn up and you are really focused, you aren't bothered by what the opposition say or think.

On the day you need to back yourself and Celtic know they can potentially win this game. Rangers will feel the same way.

All that sort of stuff on social media, making headlines, it's up to them as they can do what they want. I am not overly bothered by it.

"Barry is right. I think you be a bit more respectful."

Ferguson had said: "I always respected, always, that went out the window when you crossed the white line but I think you have got to give respect. If you are not respectful, nine times out of 10 you are going to get a slap in the face, so it's interesting to see what Sakala has said

@uneasydaz You ever thought about taking a few days off social media?

It cannot be doing you any good reading and posting this shite day after day.
The only thing more depressing than supposedly qualified "journalists" writing/reporting this pish, is the amount of fucking halfwits out there who lap it up. Which is why they write it in the first place I suppose. Utterly fucking mind-numbing.

Last edited:
Absolutely frightening to think Ferguson was a serious contender for the assistant manager’s job at one point.

Great player but thick as mince.

I’d give anything to have the 2003 Barry Ferguson on the pitch Sunday. I’d be certain of victory if we did.

As a man, the best that can be said of him is that he is being exploited as a useful idiot by those who who our club.
No one is exploiting him he just opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble and sticks his hand out for the cash. I may be wrong but I cannot remember many incidents where he has either praised us or stood up for us.

Barry acted like a wee boy when he was our captain, he loved being a Ranger but he never struck me as a captain that could calm players down when it got heated, never seen him shouting at the ref if any of our players got booked, my opinion mind cos I know folk on here think he was a captain who did well, he was a player who did well, never a captain.

No one is exploiting him he just opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble and sticks his hand out for the cash. I may be wrong but I cannot remember many incidents where he has either praised us or stood up for us.

I’m fairness, I put ‘the best that could be said’ .

I suspect you are correct though. Barry Ferguson stopped deserving the benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

The only thing more depressing than supposedly qualified "journalists" writing/reporting this pish, is the amount of utter fucking halfwits out there who lap it up. Which is why they write it in the first place I suppose. Utterly fucking mind-numbing.
I suppose it moves things along from whatever pish Sutton has last hit out with, for a few hours anyway.

Back