Dave King press conference this Monday

What if there is a deal in place for 8 million for morelos which added to the other incoming funds via ST and kit/merchandise which would equate to 15-20m was what seduced SG to the job?

That might, I say might, just be enough to pay off Pena, Herrera and maybe one other from the wage bill.

As usual the fans will fund the club via season tickets.

Very underwhelming Mr. King.

That's not how it's going to work, you are only preparing yourself for disappoint if you expect us to spend more than £10m.

Do enlighten me? Considering Pedro spent £10M and King said they would look at other ways to raise cash to give Gerrard more to work with. And considering we had no retail income under Pedro. Plain as day the issue is to bolster the pot. Suspect he will get to recycle anything made from sales.

People need to calm down, this board have surpassed all expectations when handing out money to managers, I for one was amazed at what Pedro was allowed to spend. I believe King is managing expectation. As others have said we will have record ST sales, money coming in from the retail deal, probably some cash from player sales, and an additional 6m.
I think we may be pleasantly surprised at what we lay out in the summer.

To the people saying "Aye, but we've got season tickets and new strips on top of that" - we also have a club to run and wages to pay. We can't just plough everything into new players.

We need external investment if we're to do any gap closing.

Spending the money we have available in a smarter and more shrewd fashion would be a better immediate priority honestly.

In Pena, Cardoso and Herrera alone in the last two OF games we had £6m+ of transfer fees and a decent wedge a week in wages sat in the house/blootered in Mexico. Divert those kind of funds into the first 11 with some good additions and we are in a much better starting position.

The merchandise deal being sorted and hopefully a minimum couple of rounds in Europe will add a good few million to the coffers on top.

New poster here chaps, hello.

The only reason (I can think of anyway) that Mr King would want to publicise this would be to strengthen Rangers' position in forthcoming player negotiations.

Gathering the press only raised people’s hopes of something significant. He’d have been as well issuing a statement -
or better yet, say nothing.

Maybe SG just fancied the challenge. If he can get us comfortable second and competitive in games against them 1st couple of years then people down south will say he’s done a good job. They’ve already been saying that’s all what’s expected of him. Us fans have a different view though...

With regards to funding, assembling the press and with Murray and Scott quitting the board. It’s all very very strange...

And factor in the wages budget for the new management team, if the people mentioned are all coming with him.

To mess with the press before he flys home obviously haha nah you need make it public if your doing a share issue like he's just done

Could we not just have put out a statement?

I find it strange that Gerrard has taken the post if the budget is going to be relatively paultry, that team needs a massive overhaul.

People need to calm down, this board have surpassed all expectations when handing out money to managers, I for one was amazed at what Pedro was allowed to spend. I believe King is managing expectation. As others have said we will have record ST sales, money coming in from the retail deal, probably some cash from player sales, and an additional 6m.
I think we may be pleasantly surprised at what we lay out in the summer.

It was King that raised expectations in the first place, with his 'north of thirty million' comment, when he was seeking to gain control of the club.

What a bunch of babies, sitting with petted lips like wee kids that got clothes instead of tonka trucks for Christmas, all because yeez chose to buy into unfounded rumours and Chinese whispers about big investment.

Last edited:
I was confident the appt. of Gerrard would lead to serious money being announced to challenge Celtic again. That amount will not lay a glove on them unfortunately

Expected that.

Rangers need minimum £20m immediately on this team
We don't need anything near that. I'd be shocked if we don't spend similar to last Summer but crucially it will be spent a lot more wiser with a handful of top class loans.

The big difference in spending will be on wages I imagine, with retail and sponsors sorted we will be able to up the ante there and I think that will help us improve a lot more than increased fees would.

Back