OF away allocation preference

• Old style 8k

Votes: 178 11.5%
  • Euro style 5% - 2.5/3k

Votes: 623 40.3%

Votes: 261 16.9%

Votes: 483 31.3%

• Total voters
Our allocation at the revamped piggery has always been the same, that cup semi v them was the only game where we had half the stadium.

We used to get nearly 20,000 at the old piggery, we actually cut their Ibrox allocation a few times during the 80's, they used to have a bit of the Govan and had the WE at least till 86.
I know that mate but the poster I replied too is saying it changed after Rodgers which just isn’t true at all it was still the Lisbon Lions and south east corner

Obviously I hope this scenario doesn't arise but I'll have a wry smile if they come to Ibrox with a chance of clinching the League and they have no fans :))
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t happy about that. The 3-2 game in 2012 when they could was stressful enough and having been at Parkhead when they horsed us 5-0 to win it a few years back it isn’t enjoyable and for the latter I did get seen on TV looking utterly depressed

This argument will continue and play happier to the far-board bashers.
The people voting for 8000 clearly dont sit in the Broomloan or dont go to games and have to worry about missing out simple. I have a season ticket in BR1 and id be gutted to miss out on a ticket for a Papish bastard to take my seat. If somehow we can give them the Euro style id be happy enough but at the cost of no ST holder missing out!. Otherwise give them 800 i dont see the love in wanting more of them at Ibrox i just dont understand it at all

You are wrong. Have a look at Celtic ST sales figures and you'll see they only sold circa 40k right up till Brenda Rodgers arrived. We had many more tickets than 8k at the time. We filled out the Rangers end from the corner to the goals.

When Rodgers arrived they cut our allocation because they sold 52k leaving just 8k. No coincidence that this figure matched the number of seats we were giving them in the Broomloan.

They cut our allocation first. I vowed never to go back to the piggery and plenty of others werent happy. It took years before our board woke up to the problem. Nothing to do with us losing.

Strange so many believe tim propaganda rather than our own fans.
Why do people make stuff like this up? Just absolute nonsense

This argument will continue and play happier to the far-board bashers.
The people voting for 8000 clearly dont sit in the Broomloan or dont go to games and have to worry about missing out simple. I have a season ticket in BR1 and id be gutted to miss out on a ticket for a Papish bastard to take my seat. If somehow we can give them the Euro style id be happy enough but at the cost of no ST holder missing out!. Otherwise give them 800 i dont see the love in wanting more of them at Ibrox i just dont understand it at all
It’s fairly simple the decision has cost the people who follow Rangers everywhere the two biggest aways of the season for son hostpitality money for the board .

Some seem to think that Season Ticket Holders should make way for the Scum.
Capacity almost 51k, just over 45k season books, say 1k seats empty between the home and away support, means 5k allocation to them and every season book holder gets a ticket and we get a decent atmosphere back. In fairness, the 1k empty seats is a pure guess but even if it was 3k for example, 2k SB holders miss out. Rotating that would mean SB holders missing out approximately once in every 22 games - say 3 home games per year including the cups, that means missing out on a ticket once every 7 years.

Between 0 and Euro style.

Happy to not have them in our stadium, but to those bears who never miss attending a game, I feel for them not being able to get to the piggery.

When they had the Broomloan their behaviour was getting ridiculous, holding on to the match ball then returning it when play resumed meaning the game was stopped repeatedly.

Season ticket holders being removed to accommodate the scum is also nonsense.

What I find incredulous is there are so many “alleged” Rangers supporters on here who are willing for this to return, all because they want to attend a shitehole, be treated like vermin by the police and stewards and pay top dollar for restricted view seats.

Just for the record, my Parkhead visiting days go back to Baxter toying with them, Millar, Brand and Wilson destroying them.

Haven’t been there since 2012 and no plans to change this.

Keep the bastards out of Ibrox.

It suits both clubs when there’s zero away fans tbh, people can moan both ways but I don’t see it changing anytime soon

Imagine Souness , Walter , Advocaat’s team talks consisting of “we’re a better team than them but their fans have a full stand so i feel we’re up against it lads” :D no disrespect but midfields of holt and Peña was the problem
We had a full stand behind the goals at their midden for all of Souness’ tenure and a chunk of Walter’s first stint so not really sure that’s relevant.

The issue was there long before Jason Holt and Carlos Peña signed for Rangers and was something David Murray should’ve dealt with when the piggery was revamped.

You are wrong. Have a look at Celtic ST sales figures and you'll see they only sold circa 40k right up till Brenda Rodgers arrived. We had many more tickets than 8k at the time. We filled out the Rangers end from the corner to the goals.

When Rodgers arrived they cut our allocation because they sold 52k leaving just 8k. No coincidence that this figure matched the number of seats we were giving them in the Broomloan.

They cut our allocation first. I vowed never to go back to the piggery and plenty of others werent happy. It took years before our board woke up to the problem. Nothing to do with us losing.

Strange so many believe tim propaganda rather than our own fans.
You’ve literally just made all that up. How strange.

It’s actually quite pathetic seeing Rangers fans push the scum fans’s “yeez couldnae take it” patter.

They've swallowed timmy propaganda and have forgotten how they could only sell 40k STs right up till Brendan Rodgers arrived. That's when they cut us back to 8k and that's when our fans started demanding we turf them out of the Broomloan. It took years but eventually our board agreed.

I’ll be honest I don’t want their vermin anywhere near our stadium. Never mind getting a full stand.

The Tims pressing for all or nothing, Rangers should call their bluff. If they want that, we want proportionately they same at their dump, but we want it in a prominent place behind the goals. Or we will take over the safe standing area where the Goon Brigade sit (that’s what they would be doing by displacing the UB in BF1).

They will never agree to this but would put them on blast in public in the same way they are trying to do to us.

They've swallowed timmy propaganda and have forgotten how they could only sell 40k STs right up till Brendan Rodgers arrived. That's when they cut us back to 8k and that's when our fans started demanding we turf them out of the Broomloan. It took years but eventually our board agreed.
That’s not true.

Capacity almost 51k, just over 45k season books, say 1k seats empty between the home and away support, means 5k allocation to them and every season book holder gets a ticket and we get a decent atmosphere back. In fairness, the 1k empty seats is a pure guess but even if it was 3k for example, 2k SB holders miss out. Rotating that would mean SB holders missing out approximately once in every 22 games - say 3 home games per year including the cups, that means missing out on a ticket once every 7 years.
There’s a reason you’re called the armchair expert cos your numbers are miles off.

Honestly mate, we've had the same allocation since they finished the new stands.

You’re having an absolute nightmare here, mate.

I’d go for Euro allocation but only on proviso that the traditional New Year game at Ibrox is moved to a different date. I dont want to have to listen to those inbred scumbags ruin our minutes silence to the 66 anymore. If not then it’s zero for me.

When they had the Broomloan their behaviour was getting ridiculous, holding on to the match ball then returning it when play resumed meaning the game was stopped repeatedly.

Season ticket holders being removed to accommodate the scum is also nonsense.

What I find incredulous is there are so many “alleged” Rangers supporters on here who are willing for this to return, all because they want to attend a shitehole, be treated like vermin by the police and stewards and pay top dollar for restricted view seats.

Just for the record, my Parkhead visiting days go back to Baxter toying with them, Millar, Brand and Wilson destroying them.

Haven’t been there since 2012 and no plans to change this.

Keep the bastards out of Ibrox.
Yet for some of us following our team is more important than any bitterness or hatred towards them.

Euro Allocation is the compromise which will keep 90% of people satisfied. No season tickets miss out, away fans have the opportunity to go to the piggery. It’s not ideal for some which I understand but it’s a compromise which in my opinion needs met.

Looking into the murky world of replies to threads on Twitter it seems that the yahoo support is pretty overwhelmingly in favour of bringing back the old allocations. If you're also in favour of this it's worth asking yourself why they also want this. I can tell you it's not because yahoos have suddenly become the sole defenders of the atmosphere of what they call the Glasgow Derby.

I find it all a bit strange when people want 0 fans at the games. Working down south mates who follow their teams like Liverpool and Man Unt live for the away day Derby’s. I’d love to go and watch us turn them over at their place. However the difference here is the game in England operates at 50% season ticket holders roughly so changes can be made if you wanted more fans at a fixture etc. we have 45K so you can’t move another season ticket holder to accommodate an away fan ( I am a season ticket holder btw) but you need to have away supports at these games so offer teams the Euro Allocation in exchange for the same in return, not just Celtic but hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen too and generate better atmospheres at Ibrox ( we rise more if there is a bigger away support as a fan base) and offer our fans more chance at these big away games.

I've enjoyed many an away day at Parkhead. And plenty not so enjoyable. It's bizarre to think that it used to be quite easy to get a ticket for there.

For a 20 year or so period up until 2012, I actually think that the general level of bother surrounding the fixture, and general animosity between the clubs and their supporters, had moderated a touch. Then we had our troubles in 2012 and every man and his dog, led by them, put the boot in to us. The toxicity in Scottish football, and particularly between us and them, seems to have ramped up every year since then. It's as bad as it has ever been in my lifetime. I am now pretty much at the stage where I'd rather stick with no away fans in either ground. It's sad to get to that point. But they started us off down this path.

Euro allocation seems the obvious compromise, but the fact they have thrown the toys out of the pram here I'd give them the %^*& all they want at the minute.
I am in bf5 so this would affect me but I voted for the euro allocation,at the very least I would get a ticket for elsewhere in the stadium but the whole of the broomloan,that ship sailed the second we sold season tickets for all league games in the broomloan.

We had a full stand behind the goals at their midden for all of Souness’ tenure and a chunk of Walter’s first stint so not really sure that’s relevant.

The issue was there long before Jason Holt and Carlos Peña signed for Rangers and was something David Murray should’ve dealt with when the piggery was revamped.
I agree I was being sarcastic , people honestly believe them behind the goals makes a difference to the result on the pitch , don’t get me wrong the fans can have an effect depending on the mentality of the team your playing , ie, I’d imagine Leipzig were better than us last year and totally crumbled under the noise at Ibrox but the amount of times that happens is few and far between , I’d argue our goal against Liverpool would be the loudest their players have heard and they took 7 off us coz they’re simply a far better team

Last edited:
It’s fairly simple the decision has cost the people who follow Rangers everywhere the two biggest aways of the season for son hostpitality money for the board .
What about the people who go to Ibrox every home game but maybe can not make it to away games.

I’d be interested to see the results if the club surveyed season ticket holders in broomloan front and rear, and then also fans that are away regulars

I think you’d be surprised at how many in BF4/5 would be ok being shifted if it resulted in a bigger allocation at parkhead

Strangely, I think having the away fans in BF1/2 and BR1/2 for Europe and the likes would result in fewer seats being taken up for segregation
Point I'm thinking is where would the displaced fans go as nearly all of the ground are season tkts holders, plus a few years ago season tkts for the broomloan were sold which did not include old firm games.....Is there an easy solution ?

It’s also crazy that so many of our supporters want the majority of our own season ticket holders kicked out of Ibrox for two games a season to give the yahoos the whole of the broomloan.
The majority don’t but I’ve yet to speak to anyone in person that wants the full allocation back. Euro allocation is what everyone I’ve spoke to wants

Don’t want them in Ibrox ever. It’s not the be all and end all not getting to sit in that dump neither, been there done that.

It’s not Uber staunch to denigrate other fans for having that opinion either. You are a supposed grown adult, get over it, it’s quite tragic in a sense.

Back