25 League goal striker need

Tequila

Priority 1 in the summer has to be a guy who will bag 25 plus league goals a season.

Morelos potentially away, hasn’t scored more than 12 in the league for years.

Roofe, just not looking like he will be fit. Terrible shame as has the capability more than any other option. Huge outlay as well.

Colak - never the solution. Doesn’t bring enough generally either and play is so stagnant when he starts.

Huge focus area. For me it’s where the biggest spend needs to be. On a potentially low budget Wilson has a huge responsibility and I hope plans are in place. What we have is holding us back.

It has to be a priority signing this summer, and I think it will be.

But we can’t do it on the cheap.

It’s arguably the most important and most glamorous position at any club so at Rangers it should be approached accordingly.

Push the boat out for genuine quality.

Added criteria is that he has to have a fancy name and not be Scottish.
We need him to be brilliant every week, not cost the earth and be prepared to be sold as soon as he scored in three games out of four.

We need goals across the front three.

If the wingers aren't chipping in then the burden on the striker becomes ridiculous.

No point having a 25 goal striker if the undroppable left winger is chipping in with just three a season.

And cut out the pathetic goals we continue to concede almost every week.

It's not 'the wingers' not chipping in, it's Kent.

Sakala has been our most effective player under Beale.

I don't think Sakala scores anywhere near enough either TBH especially for the number of chances he gets.

If the wingers aren't chipping in then the burden on the striker becomes ridiculous.

No point having a 25 goal striker if the undroppable left winger is chipping in with just three a season.

Sakala has chipped in more since the turn of the year and the arrival of Beale than what Kent has, Kent again proved today how shite his final ball is and he cost us that 2nd goal as well.

He's undroppable because his general play and work rate is better than anyone elses we have in there by far. Take Kent out of that starting 3 today, and there was nothing even close to resembling a footballer. Sakala and Colak, the ball was literally bouncing off them.

For all that we dominate games on a week by week basis, and lay chances on a plate for attacking players, guys like Sakala and Morelos don't score anywhere near enough.

I think we've misused Tilman for large portions of this season too, trying to utilize him as a creative pressing midfielder when we could have had more balance in the midfield and played Tilman up front with another. Tilman could have easily scored 15+ for us, he has composure and strikes a good ball. But he's definitely not a midfielder, IMO.

Yup spot in OP … a composed reliable striker required as a matter of priority

Far too many wasted chances are left out on the pitch

What if your 25 goal a season striker also took penalties, would that be ok?

What if instead of a winger who scored 3 and assisted 19, your winger scored 10 and assisted 8, would that be ok?

Bit mental that we’ve scored 14 in 4 and folk are banging on about more goals.

Some of the misses from us are genuinely laughable, Alfies header was harder to miss.

Colak’s on 17 in all competitions so far this season and there’s still games left to play so the numbers can be deceiving because he’s never first choice quality for us.

We need strikers who offer more than just their goals, when Colak isn’t in the opposition box he’s often an empty jersey and that’s no use in games like today.

Agree with the OP. I don’t think he is a brilliant player, but kyogo scores about 5 today. We aren’t remotely clinical enough for the chances we create

It’s goals across the front 3 we need. Not just geared to one

I feel like the way we play, you're looking at having two reliable scorers at any one time. Obviously, if your midfielders can chip in with a few it helps.

Usual back 4

Two midfielders to set the tempo and to release the creative players (Jack, Raskin)

Two main creative outputs (Kent, Cantwell)

Two reliable scorers who can also be on the same wavelength as our creative players

IMHO, where we've really come short, is guys like Colak and Sakala, being not proficient enough footballers, and the likes of Morelos really not being on it. Right at the top of the field is where we need to improve.

I feel like Tillman has to be tried out from now til the end of the season up front with another. He could have the capabilities, we've kind of misused his talents, by playing him too deep on the field. He could easily bag 15+ in this league, and he's one that you could say is on the same wavelength as guys like Cantwell and Raskin and Kent.

We can't continue to play with a front 3 that score so few goals. Kents return is abysmal

Morelos should have had at least 2 goals today and if the rest of the team could finish we could have scored about 6 or 7 today.

It's criminal how many shots we don't even manage to get on target and make the keeper work.

I feel like the way we play, you're looking at having two reliable scorers at any one time. Obviously, if your midfielders can chip in with a few it helps.

Usual back 4

Two midfielders to set the tempo and to release the creative players (Jack, Raskin)

Two main creative outputs (Kent, Cantwell)

Two reliable scorers who can also be on the same wavelength as our creative players

IMHO, where we've really come short, is guys like Colak and Sakala, being not proficient enough footballers, and the likes of Morelos really not being on it. Right at the top of the field is where we need to improve.

I feel like Tillman has to be tried out from now til the end of the season up front with another. He could have the capabilities, we've kind of misused his talents, by playing him too deep on the field. He could easily bag 15+ in this league, and he's one that you could say is on the same wavelength as guys like Cantwell and Raskin and Kent.
6 goals and 6 assists for Sakala is decent enough.

Just like to see him over a full season. Whether he’s good enough for us as a starter is another matter but he’s more than worthy of a squad place.

Takes the place of Wright who should be shipped out at the earliest chance. Therefore strengthening our bench as well

We can't continue to play with a front 3 that score so few goals. Kents return is abysmal

Kent is a creative player who is offering a lot to the team at the present moment.

Check out the 3rd and 4th goals today, who's driving at their defense and playing a pass through which made the opening, yes it was Kent.

I think Beale can rightly be happy with Kent's performances since he came in, he's been consistent

He passes the eye test to me which a lot of people leave out, he's a footballer and something we certainly don't have an abundance of, especially when you have guys like Colak and Sakala and (an off form) Morelos in the team.

His shooting and goal return is poor, there's no getting away with that, but it's not his primary role in the team. If we had more reliable players in front of him, then this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Iniesta never got more than 3 or 4 a season too, different levels of players obviously but I don't think we can slate Kent too much when at times he's the only one that looks like he's seen a ball before

Its a bit mad the way the team scores plenty of goals(feels like 3 or more each away game could have missed one utd maybe) and we always end up slaughtering Kent. He was everywhere in the 2nd half and while it wasnt a great performance he never gave them a minutes break.

You could start a thread on the defence and the goals against and it would quickly turn into aye but see that Kent by the way.

What if instead of a winger who scored 3 and assisted 19, your winger scored 10 and assisted 8, would that be ok?

Bit mental that we’ve scored 14 in 4 and folk are banging on about more goals.
It’s not so mental when you look at the difference Morelos made when he came on, when he may be away, leaving an unreliable roofe and colak who i don’t believe anyone thinks is the starter we need.

It’s not so mental when you look at the difference Morelos made when he came on, when he may be away, leaving an unreliable roofe and colak who i don’t believe anyone thinks is the starter we need.

Of course we need a couple of strikers - but expecting us to unearth a 25 goal a season one who doesn’t take penalties is probably a bit extreme. I’d rather have a balance throughout the team where everyone chips in and the talisman is peak Morelos (even if that does mean he only scores 15 a year).

Priority 1 in the summer has to be a guy who will bag 25 plus league goals a season.

Morelos potentially away, hasn’t scored more than 12 in the league for years.

Roofe, just not looking like he will be fit. Terrible shame as has the capability more than any other option. Huge outlay as well.

Colak - never the solution. Doesn’t bring enough generally either and play is so stagnant when he starts.

Huge focus area. For me it’s where the biggest spend needs to be. On a potentially low budget Wilson has a huge responsibility and I hope plans are in place. What we have is holding us back.
Probably need two striker s
Depending on Alfredo stays or Roofe fitness ?

Of course we need a couple of strikers - but expecting us to unearth a 25 goal a season one who doesn’t take penalties is probably a bit extreme. I’d rather have a balance throughout the team where everyone chips in and the talisman is peak Morelos (even if that does mean he only scores 15 a year).
We are up against a team who have that chipping in piece from the other 2 slots in front 3 and also a guy drumming in goals.

Just looking from that perspective we need an upgrade on what we have IMO. Big task to find that player / potentially 2 players given roofe fitness and colak at best being a sub

If Morelos stays its on reduced terms and as a back up to a proper striker.

It aint happening but we need to move on from him. Colak is pish aswell.

The midfield looks to have been improved. Now we need to strengthen the front line with real quality.

We just need better strikers Morelos is not good enough and for me the jury still out on Colak until he improves.
We need pace and power upfront.

Genuinely can’t believe what Colak did for the Sakala chance. Utter disgraceful and if that was Morelos the level of abuse he’d have received would have been ghastly.

Back