Everyone complaining about VAR

Are they discussing the handball during Motherwell's 2nd goal? Probably not.

giphy.gif

3 goals in that game should not have counted. 3 terrible decisions from the VAR. The lines used were nowhere near straight across the park, and the Motherwell 2nd was a handball. Any handball in the lead up to a goal means the goal is disallowed, not the same rules as defenders.

I understand the VAR has said Sakala was onside but he looks offside to me. I’m obviously delighted that it went in our favour but I’d be annoyed if that was given against us.

I was surprised that the VAR confirmed the Motherwell second goal so quickly. It looks to me that the ball might’ve come off 2/3 players arms as it drops after the Tav header.

Why are Sky intimating our goal was offside ? And not theirs? Both the same but we get an extra lense of scrutiny. Shambles from sly setting an agenda …again ! And Boyd indulging it ffs!
Boyd was embarrassing, just going along with them and saying these decisions get clubs relegated.

More annoyed at boyd there to be honest. Way over the top about VAR. When you consider our line is parallel with the grass and onside. Theres isnt parallel with the grass but not a mention

3 goals in that game should not have counted. 3 terrible decisions from the VAR. The lines used were nowhere near straight across the park, and the Motherwell 2nd was a handball. Any handball in the lead up to a goal means the goal is disallowed, not the same rules as defenders.
Not saying this one should have counted but that rule was changed.

It is only ruled out if the goal scorer scores with his hand or immediately after it hit his hand. Doesn’t count for a teammate in the lead up to a goal if it’s not in an unnatural position etc.

Regarding the Motherwell goal? The lines bent haha, clearly offside. Do wonder if Dallas shat it.
If he was deliberately giving decisions against us with wonky lines, then why did he then allow our goal in very similar circumstances?

Surely if there’s cheating going on it would have been extremely easy to disallow ours as it was so close?

Both out third and their first look offside, even with the lines added. That is more than likely down to the camera angle though.

Only one is being debated as "needing to trust the technology" though.

You need better cameras for VAR to work, they need to look face on to the pitch not from behind.

The problem is, on TV we go with the lines that are on the pitch but we don’t know how straight they are etc.

The VAR lines are properly calibrated and balanced so with that assumption, I’ll go with the technology.

In short - the sky pundits are over analysing

The VAR lines aren't properly calibrated, they are just drawn on by the ref

I was screaming for this at the time. Didn't seem like they even looked at it.
The ball hits one of two, or both hands.
One has a maroon sleeve and the other, is well, a black hand with a white sweatband. That's Mugabi.

But I think VAR worked today as it should if they didn't have their wee lines drawn.
ALL decisions were very tight. Take a 10 second look and let the goals stand if it's not glaring.
Of course, only one decision is up for discussion.

Issue with VAR today was angle used for both goals at that end , neither shots used where conclusive even with the lines.

I personally thought both where offside.

The var refs can only use the angles they are given, so maybe they gave strikers the benefit

Says more about the intelligence/quality of pundits than anything.

You have a clear line showing Sakala onside and their red was for a second yellow which VAR can't intervene on. It was a yellow anyway because you can see him react to Cantwell closing on him and raising his arm to protect the ball. It's not a straight red but a yellow is hard to argue with.

His first yellow was a red in any other league
Yea it was high and blatant.

Don’t know why any complaining about “sending off” , was not a straight red it was two yellows which is not same thing , both where blatant bookings at least

Back