Ryan Kent- has to stay

For 40k a week we need someone who’ll give us 20 goals a season it’s not Kent

Only CFs are getting 20+, but he's definitely involved in more than 20 goals per season.

Whilst his finishing could improve, the stats lie for Kent, as he creates loads of chances that aren't finished off, and he initiates multiple attacks from all over the park, leading to goals that he doesn't get the credit for.

Part of me really wants him to stay but it's the part swayed by things like sentimentality.

It doesn't matter if we paid £7m. Resigning him on a huge contract based on that fee is sunk cost fallacy. Regardless, he already repaid that with his performances in Europe, 55 and making that mob actually fear us for a wee while.

I wish him all the best but I think it's time for us both to move on. Albeit with a heavy heart.

I think he's a great player but his shooting is awful, always has the skill to make the space to shoot from an angle then puts it over or wide, should score for more often than he does.

In saying that if he goes he'll be a huge loss, he has excellent work rate, pace and skill, big task to replace his with someone who has it all including the finishing.

Kent’s a decent player, but he just doesn’t have the end product. To play in a front three for Rangers and have such a poor goal return tells a story.

We need our forward players to be scoring at least 12+ per season which he should easily get to with the chances he has. Thanks for the memories Ryan but best for everyone to move on.

jose-mourinho-sweet-trouble.gif

He’s one of the few players we have who carries the ball, and at pace.

There will be other players who can do that. The key point is that if they cost us £4m plus to buy and £40k a week then we have to ask ourselves if that’s worth doing alongside the huge overhaul we already have to accommodate.

How many players have we signed that plays on Kent’s position since he came in yet he is still arguably the most important player in the team - certainly in the attaching sense.. That is credit to him and what he does but also pretty damming on the recruitment.

If we want to progress and improve we need better than what Ryan Kent gives us.

He’s not become the player we wanted him to be or thought he would become.

No denying his work rate or the odd moment of magic but given his position on the pitch we need more. More goals, more assists and more decisive passes.

His numbers are nowhere near good enough for me. He’s improved since Beale came in and he’s been allowed to float around again, but he needs to contribute much more in way of assists and goals.

His shot accuracy and power the majority of the time is absolutely laughable aswell.

To conclude I would probably give him a new deal, yes.

If we want to progress and improve we need better than what Ryan Kent gives us.

He’s not become the player we wanted him to be or thought he would become.

No denying his work rate or the odd moment of magic but given his position on the pitch we need more. More goals, more assists and more decisive passes.

This for me.

He's clearly a talented player but we simply do not see it enough to justify a bumper new contract or a continual undroppable place in the team.

Like many in this team, he's been a good signing and given us some great moments but he's not the game changer or match winner on a regular basis that a guy of his ability should be.

You can argue about numbers not telling the full story but if one third of your forward line is giving you just three goals a season then you're going to continually be playing catch up with your title rivals.

I'd love him to sign a new contract, stay for a season and then go for a few million quid.

He's seriously good at certain things and pretty awful at others - unfortunately the part he's so poor at is the most important.

His numbers are nowhere near good enough for me. He’s improved since Beale came in and he’s been allowed to float around again, but he needs to contribute much more in way of assists and goals.

His shot accuracy and power the majority of the time is absolutely laughable aswell.

Has he?

He’s too good to lose for nothing also. That’s a bad result for that reason alone.

I think it's best if we move on from Kent. Good servant but we need better. We should be looking to refresh the entire squad, minus the recent signings

I think he will do a Goldson.
Fantastic player but he really needs to up his end product.
I'd imagine this season with Gio then Beale hasn't been great for his confidence.
If he stays he has to offer more.
I'll never forget that punch though.

Without a doubt his overall play has improved. As I said his numbers still aren’t good enough, but his general work rate has improved massively since Beale came in
I don't see it.

A few times today he had acres of space in front of him but would pass, sometimes that pass was straight to a motherwell player. WHy doesnt he drive into that space?

Time to move him on.

To me he hasn’t had a good season this season but he always gives the team the application . I must say though I have doubts about his mental strength . Not saying it’s anything like easy but to me there have to be questions in that regard

I wondered actually are his numbers better under the new manager ?

I don't see it.

A few times today he had acres of space in front of him but would pass, sometimes that pass was straight to a motherwell player. WHy doesnt he drive into that space?

Time to move him on.
Not sure why you can’t see improvement in his play since Beale came in, it’s pretty obvious.

Ideally we would be able to get better but if our recruitment is anything to go by in recent years I won’t hold my breath.

Statistics don't tell the full story because quite simply he's involved in everything positive that we do.

Workrate immense as well.

Great team player and I'll be over the moon if we get him tied down to a longterm deal.
He's not good enough. The scum have players that score more off the bench. Goals equal points, time for him to move on

Back