Injury time in Scotland - Cheating

Mview83

Official Ticketer
At the end of the first half in our last two home games, despite opposition time wasting, going down for injuries and VAR checks we’ve had:

v Kilmarnock (1min added on)
v Raith (3mins added on)

Today Celtic are 1-0 down and they’ve had 8 MINUTES added on at the end of the half.

Our club needs to be saying something about this.

At the end of the first half in our last two home games, despite opposition time wasting, going down for injuries and VAR checks we’ve had:

v Kilmarnock (1min added on)
v Raith (3mins added on)

Today Celtic are 1-0 down and they’ve had 8 MINUTES added on at the end of the half.

Our club needs to be saying something about this.
Robertson is a spineless cuck so he'll be saying nothing.

This has happened for years. If Celtic are ever behind its literally play until they score pretty much.

VAR is far from perfect (especially the Poundstretchers edition used in Scotland), but it cuts down on the obvious cheating a good bit.
Two aspects VAR has no influence over are
a) bookings per foul ratio
b) time added on, or not as the case may be.
No coincidence that these are still prone to cheating, and are still being used to benefit one club disproportionately.
umm, makes you think.

I'm definitely all for the clock being stopped for injuries or being out of play, stoppage time being left to the discretion of officials allows them to make the rules up as they go along.

Has been happening for a while now. Last season they were drawing with Ross County and we would have went 6 clear and they scored in the 7th minute of added time.

Quote from Mackay tells its own story.

Ross County manager Malky Mackay: "It's interesting. It's the seventh minute of added-on time that Celtic scored in. It seemed to be we were playing until they scored.

No yellow cards for them yet? I see there have been 2 penalties but only one side got a yellow as a result.

Let them bang on about conspiracy theories, not our thing.
There were 2 head injuries, an injury substituion, VAR and time wasting. We can't pretend it came out of nowhere.
They also added 7 min when they were 2-1 up. Any complaints there?
Bigger picture, without Mooy and Hetate they are shite! If both those injuries are serious lets see how they handle a taste of what we have been going through.

Lets see if this Hibs manager calls it out.
He was quick enough to give them lavish praise previously.
Now he has witnesed with his own eyes the help they get from officials when his side were winning time to man up and call them out for the cheats they are.

In a game today one team has had 6 fouls and one yellow card
The other has had 7 fouls and 5 bookings and one sending off , no points for guessing which game
7 fouls, 6 bookings, two of which added up to a red. Youan's 2nd booking totally outrageous for a high kick on a below waist height CCV. The time added, what can I say. Appalling and utterly predictable.

Lets see if this Hibs manager calls it out.
He was quick enough to give them lavish praise previously.
Now he has witnesed with his own eyes the help they get from officials when his side were winning time to man up and call them out for the cheats they are.
Probably more chance of getting the lottery up two weeks in a row than a manager calling them out :rolleyes:

Neither Starfelt's hold or Maeda's double hit warrantied a yellow card.
The red for two yellow's is a joke.
Tim's penalty, which was a joke, was a yellow card. (No footage, just missed it)
Hib's player down with head knock. Play on. Compare to last week's show against Raith.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Abada has previous for this EXACT dive. No yellow.
giphy.gif

2-1, Hibs break, foul. No yellow.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Strange with Hibs penalty ref had to go to VAR. No booking. Celtic penalty ref gives it no hesitation,no VAR books Hibs player. Typical cowardly refereeing in their games

Neither Starfelt's hold or Maeda's double hit warrantied a yellow card.
The red for two yellow's is a joke.
Tim's penalty, which was a joke, was a yellow card. (No footage, just missed it)
Hib's player down with head knock. Play on. Compare to last week's show against Raith.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Abada has previous for this EXACT dive. No yellow.
giphy.gif

2-1, Hibs break, foul. No yellow.
giphy.gif
They got a penalty for a player kicking the ground? Did they check VAR?

They got a penalty for a player kicking the ground? Did they check VAR?
Yes.
The penalty and booking for the keeper were both rescinded.
No yellow for the diving Tim. He's done that a few times before (toe stub) and never gets booked. So why not just continue.
The foul for the red card is actually a foul to Hibs.

Strange with Hibs penalty ref had to go to VAR. No booking. Celtic penalty ref gives it no hesitation,no VAR books Hibs player. Typical cowardly refereeing in their games
The Tim penalty, which I missed recording twice, was nothing but an actual grapple with two guys going for the ball.
Vickers had a stern word with the 4th official walking off at half time. It looked like he was confirming what they were calling a foul.
5 minutes later, whose on the deck at a corner but Vickers and the ref's blowing.
Yellow card too.

Hibs 7 fouls today, 3 yellows and a 2 yellow red. One yellow rescinded.
Tims 6 fouls, 1 yellow for removing his shirt. THREE of the fouls, in the context of the game, were worthy of yellows.

There were 2 head injuries, an injury substituion, VAR and time wasting. We can't pretend it came out of nowhere.
Bigger picture, without Mooy and Hetate they are shite! If both those injuries are serious lets see how they handle a taste of what we have been going through.

I watched the game at the in laws and only complaint I would have was the red card and maybe the penalty they got that was rescinded I thought it was a penalty when I first saw it then when slowed down the cnut kicked the ground and fell over marshall
Hibs were time wasting all the second half could easily have been longer everytime they headed a ball they stayed down
As for fouls wasnt a dirty game but the hibs bookings were for cynical tackles and one of them could easily been a red I thought McLean was.ok for a change but I agree when hetate went off they struggled and we need to stop him and the bald teletubby

The Tim penalty, which I missed recording twice, was nothing but an actual grapple with two guys going for the ball.
Vickers had a stern word with the 4th official walking off at half time. It looked like he was confirming what they were calling a foul.
5 minutes later, whose on the deck at a corner but Vickers and the ref's blowing.
Yellow card too.

Hibs 7 fouls today, 3 yellows and a 2 yellow red. One yellow rescinded.
Tims 6 fouls, 1 yellow for removing his shirt. THREE of the fouls, in the context of the game, were worthy of yellows.
As was the five from one of them

No it isn’t.

In our game today we should have had 4 minutes in the first and at least 6 in the second.

Not only are fans being cheated out of football. It impacts GD if it was ever going to be a factor
There was 7 for the tims in the 2nd half after they scored their 2nd. So they’ve came back from behind & they’ve then added minutes in a game they’ve only just taken the lead in. Hardly an advantage.

Also, our added time is irrelevant to their’s, completely different set of officials. Can I ask did you watch their game?

There was 7 for the tims in the 2nd half after they scored their 2nd. So they’ve came back from behind & they’ve then added minutes in a game they’ve only just taken the lead in. Hardly an advantage.

Also, our added time is irrelevant to their’s, completely different set of officials. Can I ask did you watch their game?
I watched it. The 8 minutes in the first half was a mystery.
The 7 minutes in the 2nd half was a mystery too.
The 90 minutes in between had to be seen to be believed but was less mysterious.

Back