Ryan Kent- has to stay

“Beast” that says it all can’t have a rational debate.

Every single one of their wingers has out scored Kent this season.

You take offense at my calling them beasts? how strange....

So which one would you take?

None of them have come close to the levels Ryan Kent has in Europe, and stats don't tell the story re Ryan's contributions.

None of them have come close to the levels Ryan Kent has in Europe, and stats don't tell the story re Ryan's contributions.
And how did his levels help us in Europe this season ?

for the wages we will need to spend to keep him am positive there are better players out there who can contribute more goals and assists than Kent the fact your making excuses for him after him being here for 5 years says a lot.

And how did his levels help us in Europe this season ?

for the wages we will need to spend to keep him am positive there are better players out there who can contribute more goals and assists than Kent the fact your making excuses for him after him being here for 5 years says a lot.

His European form has helped bring in 10s of millions.

I have no doubt that Beale wants to keep him, but you and a few others on FF know better, as usual.

Still not wanting to name your favorite beast to replace him? :rolleyes:

Kent doesn’t come to close to the numbers they are producing in Scotland.

We want to win the league we need to outscore them.

His shooting leave a lot to be desired, it’s dreadful in fact. He has it in him to score a worldie bit more often than not he’s not even hitting the target.

His European form has helped bring in 10s of millions.

I have no doubt that Beale wants to keep him, but you and a few others on FF know better, as usual.

Still not wanting to name your favorite beast to replace him? :rolleyes:
Would rather players that contribute week in week out and not every now and then.

We need to freshen up the squad and paying him 40k a week to produce those numbers doesn’t cut it.

For 40k a week we need someone who’ll give us 20 goals a season it’s not Kent
There's no one in his position that we can remotely afford, and who'd come here, that'll get us 20 a season. I do agree that we need at least 20 more goals a season from our midfield.

This for me. It's a complete myth that he's suddenly become better, in a team that has barely improved since Beale came in, in terms of performances.

The only way Kent has improved is that he isn't completely isolated and useless on the wing like he was under Gio. Wouldn't be hard to improve on being utterly anonymous.

I hope we keep him. IMO, people focus too much on what he doesn't do rather than what he does do well. We'll struggle to replace that if he goes.

For 40k a week we need someone who’ll give us 20 goals a season it’s not Kent
I take it 40k is your interpretation of potential wages.
20 goals per season for not the main striker seems pie in the sky.
Even across the city Jota has scored half that so far this season.
Plus numbers don’t tell the full story although definitely would expect more goals and assists.

For example Sakala’s numbers per game ratio is much better than Kent.
So if you had to pick one to play next season in lots of games between Kent and Sakala I would guess that Kent would be the pick of most.

Right enough not sure about that we’re talking FF contributors haha

I disagree. His stats show that he flatters to deceive. He's not providing good value for money or performing at anything like a high enough level.

Daizen Maeda is (rightly IMO) lampooned on here. His stats vs Kent are an embarrassment. 4 goals vs 14 and the same number of assists. 833 minutes per goal vs 166.

Every Celtc winger outperforms Kent in key areas. In my opinion, he's without doubt one of the problems rather than one of players we should be regarding as key performers.

Kent is the new Aidan McGeady - all tricky footwork at the expense or something substantive. The most effective Ryan Kent move was when he punched Scott Brown in the coupon, since then it's been downhill. "Oh but he hit the bar against Celtc" - Remind me, did we get any points for that? Did it change anything other than it being another chance spurned? It points to why he's scoring 1 goal for every 12 shots vs Maeda's 1 in 4. If Maeda is as bad as we all say, what does that say about Ryan Kent?

He's been excellent since Beale returned, unplayable at times (opposition manager comments).
RTV motm today, but what do we all lnow!
Rtv motm means nothing he’s not worth singing up to another 4 years contact at 40k a week for minimal output. We need fresh players in new options that haven’t been beat to the last 2 titles.

Tillman at 20 has come in, in the same area of the park, and contributed far more than Kent this season in terms of numbers. I used to love Kent and I still appreciate what he brings but the simple fact is he doesn't bring enough of what we need for the minutes he gets.

I watched the full hibs game again last week.

Kent had three one on one with the goal keeper hit the target once straight at him

His finishing will never be good enough

He needs moved on for me

I disagree. His stats show that he flatters to deceive. He's not providing good value for money or performing at anything like a high enough level.

Daizen Maeda is (rightly IMO) lampooned on here. His stats vs Kent are an embarrassment. 4 goals vs 14 and the same number of assists. 833 minutes per goal vs 166.

Every Celtc winger outperforms Kent in key areas. In my opinion, he's without doubt one of the problems rather than one of players we should be regarding as key performers.

Kent is the new Aidan McGeady - all tricky footwork at the expense or something substantive. The most effective Ryan Kent move was when he punched Scott Brown in the coupon, since then it's been downhill. "Oh but he hit the bar against Celtc" - Remind me, did we get any points for that? Did it change anything other than it being another chance spurned? It points to why he's scoring 1 goal for every 12 shots vs Maeda's 1 in 4. If Maeda is as bad as we all say, what does that say about Ryan Kent?

Comparing him to McGeady, take a day off ffs!

He was a key member of Gerrard's team that dominated Celtic.
He also scored a brilliant goal against them in January.

And he's a completely different player to Maeda. We'll see if Beale wants to keep him, and I expect he does.

Would have won if the manager hadn‘t adopted his usual defensive stance.

Beaten in the Cup Final due to poor team selection.

Semi final win is a must.
We keep conceding sloppy goals

Our defenders do not break their necks to prevent them

We are weak

I don’t see it hope I’m wrong

Comparing him to McGeady, take a day off ffs!

He was a key member of Gerrard's team that dominated Celtic.
He also scored a brilliant goal against them in January.

And he's a completely different player to Maeda. We'll see if Beale wants to keep him, and I expect he does.
It's a horrible comparison to make, but I stand by it. I loved us playing against McGeady, because the visuals were so hilariously jarring with the actual result of the trickery. McGeady was a dead end, so is Kent.
Look, for all of these players we employ hyperbole. Was McGeady crap? Of course not, he was a solid pro, but he just wasn't exceptional in anything other than having a style that was exciting to watch (for the impartially inclined or them). His highlight reel will look great, but it didn't amount to much, and we beat them more often than not.
All pros will do something spectacular at some point. Ralph Milne scored a wonder goal against Celtc. Owen Archdeacon had a moment of wonder against us when he had an intercept and goal any pro would regard as top drawer. But let's agree on this - Archdeacon, charitably, wasn't very good. At all.
I hope Beale has ambitions considerably higher than Ryan Kent. I think there's better value out there and certainly there are wingers who despite being less pleasing on the eye will contribute far more in the way of goals and assists.

The most horrific of all conclusions: If you anonymise the players names and simply choose players based on their contributions - goals, assists, goals per shot, per game etc you wouldn't just pick Jota over Kent. You'd pick Abada over Kent, you'd pick Haksabanovic over Kent and you'd pick the unrated Maeda over Kent. Why? Because every Celtc winger is contributing more to the team than Kent is contributing to ours. It's not that their main winger is producing more, but their second choice produces more, and more embarrassingly - their THIRD choice player in that position is contributing more. It's one of the reasons we're finishing second, and we have to address it.

It's a horrible comparison to make, but I stand by it. I loved us playing against McGeady, because the visuals were so hilariously jarring with the actual result of the trickery. McGeady was a dead end, so is Kent.
Look, for all of these players we employ hyperbole. Was McGeady crap? Of course not, he was a solid pro, but he just wasn't exceptional in anything other than having a style that was exciting to watch (for the impartially inclined or them). His highlight reel will look great, but it didn't amount to much, and we beat them more often than not.
All pros will do something spectacular at some point. Ralph Milne scored a wonder goal against Celtc. Owen Archdeacon had a moment of wonder against us when he had an intercept and goal any pro would regard as top drawer. But let's agree on this - Archdeacon, charitably, wasn't very good. At all.
I hope Beale has ambitions considerably higher than Ryan Kent. I think there's better value out there and certainly there are wingers who despite being less pleasing on the eye will contribute far more in the way of goals and assists.

The most horrific of all conclusions: If you anonymise the players names and simply have to choose players based on their contributions - goals, assists, goals per shot, per game etc you wouldn't just pick Jota over Kent. You'd pick Abada over Kent, you'd pick Haksabanovic over Kent and you'd pick the unrated Maeda over Kent. Why? Because every Celtc winger is contributing more to the team than Kent is contributing to ours. It's not that their main winger is producing more, but their second choice produces more, and more embarrassingly - their THIRD choice player in that position is contributing more. It's one of the reasons we're finishing second, and we have to address it.
You will get called a tim for your post but your 100% correct, Need more from players in the front 3

The most horrific of all conclusions: If you anonymise the players names and simply choose players based on their contributions - goals, assists, goals per shot, per game etc you wouldn't just pick Jota over Kent. You'd pick Abada over Kent, you'd pick Haksabanovic over Kent and you'd pick the unrated Maeda over Kent. Why? Because every Celtc winger is contributing more to the team than Kent is contributing to ours. It's not that their main winger is producing more, but their second choice produces more, and more embarrassingly - their THIRD choice player in that position is contributing more. It's one of the reasons we're finishing second, and we have to address it.
Great post all the step over cut backs mean jack shit

We need guys who will
Score 15 goals a season from tbe wide position kent won’t be able to do this

We can’t expect to win the league with his numbers playing every minute of every game

Statistics don't tell the full story because quite simply he's involved in everything positive that we do.

Workrate immense as well.

Great team player and I'll be over the moon if we get him tied down to a longterm deal.
I reckon he's staying just a feeling no knowledge but I reckon he loves it here you can see it in his work rate and commitment

Back