That Colak moment today

TN8

Not sure what else to call it :)) Are we allowed to talk about it in a light hearted way now since we won the game?

I like the big guy, he's usually a clinical finisher and his link up play is nowhere near as bad as made out. Definitely has a future with us as a squad option imo.

But what in the name of f*ck was that? :oops:

I think it's up there with Cammy Bell at Fir Park, and Waghorn running the ball out of play at Hampden as one of the shittest things I've ever seen a Rangers player do.

Haven't seen a replay of it and don't think I want to!

Not sure what else to call it :)) Are we allowed to talk about it in a light hearted way now since we won the game?

I like the big guy, he's usually a clinical finisher and his link up play is nowhere near as bad as made out. Definitely has a future with us as a squad option imo.

I think it's up there with Cammy Bell at Fir Park, and Waghorn running the ball out of play at Hampden as one of the shittest things I've ever seen a Rangers player do.

It's not even remotely close as being as bad as those you've mentioned.

Shocker of a decision not to square it though.

I am not sure what was going through the big man's head. To not cut the ball back was an incredible decision but to hit the ball the way he did was just pure insanity. I suspect he'll be getting ripped by the rest of the players as it was a moment of pure madness.

It didn't affect the end result of the game but it's the kind of decision making that gives the manager every right to drop you.

I like Colak. I think he's a really good big striker. His overall play is much better than he is given credit for and his work rate is excellent but he lost the f**king plot over that one. :))

It was bad but nowhere like van vossen who really was one of the worst players in a Rangers Jersey in my 50 yrs of living.

He had about 4 seconds to square it.

It was a bizarre decision in a strange performance from Colak where I wasn’t sure where he was playing

Really? Maybe I do need to see a replay then. Looked to me like he had a simple square ball to Sakala for a tap in but delayed and delayed til he was 5 yards out then sclaffed it about 5 yards off target?
It was terrible, I'm not trying to downplay it. However, it's nowhere near as bad as the examples you gave or the many others there have been over the years.

People will remember those at we lost those games, no one will remember the Colak shocker today as we won.

Really does highlight the need for 2 quality strikers in the summer though.

I'd have been fine with him taking a shot as soon as he gained a few yards going into the box even though he should square it, I mean it's what strikers do, but the fact he ran so tight to the byline after his initial touches was bizarre.

The problem though IS he's our most productive striker poor game today but then when Morelos come on he missed easy chances as well.

A couple of strikers could instantly improve our team, But we still have to sort out our defensive frailty.

We need strikers with pace and power.

It infuriates me how often our attackers have a shot from such an angle when they can roll it across for a tap in.

It happens almost every game.

It was an awful decision and he just had a terrible game all round today. I watched some of the game with my auld man and his analysis of his performance wasnt as polite as mine :))

There has to be an element of realism when it comes to Colak. Is there a place for him in the squad over the course of a season? Absolutely - he's scored 16 goals this season and deserve immense credit for that.

Is he a starting no.9 for Rangers? Absolutely not. There's a reason he's 29 and played for 11 different clubs.

Fundamentally, he'd be nowhere near Rangers had he not scored twice against us for a team we really should have dispatched of without much fuss.

He should be our third choice striker, nothing more.

It was like he froze, didn’t realise he had the chance to score then when he had the opportunity to square it was caught in multiple minds about what to do.

I like the big guy but he’s not anywhere near Morelos level and simply not the option to be our number 1 striker, we need better.

He’s lucky we won the game today, imagine the 50 pager on this if we hadn’t.

He’s stevie Thomson mark 2 with better finishing. Need to cash in on whatever money we can get for him. At times he’s like a junior footballer outside the box.

One of the worst striker performances I have ever seen in a rangers jersey today.

Beale has to stop fucking about with this charade now.

Think he is absolutely desperate to get back scoring goals and playing like he was at the start of the season. He has yet to realise that we are playing a different system.

He’s a striker and wants to score. They’ve all done it at times and it didn’t cost us, nor is it his fault we keep leaking shit goals that should be easy to stop.

Back