25 League goal striker need

Added criteria is that he has to have a fancy name and not be Scottish.
We need him to be brilliant every week, not cost the earth and be prepared to be sold as soon as he scored in three games out of four.

Who are the Scottish players that fit the 25 goal a season criteria?

Priority 1 in the summer has to be a guy who will bag 25 plus league goals a season.

Morelos potentially away, hasn’t scored more than 12 in the league for years.

Roofe, just not looking like he will be fit. Terrible shame as has the capability more than any other option. Huge outlay as well.

Colak - never the solution. Doesn’t bring enough generally either and play is so stagnant when he starts.

Huge focus area. For me it’s where the biggest spend needs to be. On a potentially low budget Wilson has a huge responsibility and I hope plans are in place. What we have is holding us back.
We absolutely need a dynamite no 9 and far more from the 2 support forwards

If Morelos goes I think we'd need two strikers a primary striker who can hit 15-20 league goals plus a secondary striker as understudy. Čolak is okay but I honestly can't see us winning the league with someone like him up top if our main striker gets injured.

If Kent goes we'd probably be looking at a new starting front 3 as well.

We need goals across the front three.

If the wingers aren't chipping in then the burden on the striker becomes ridiculous.

No point having a 25 goal striker if the undroppable left winger is chipping in with just three a season.
That’s why he needs moved on.

Tillman and sakala offer much more

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Shankland or Dykes managed this for our team.

Had he not been injured for a period between November and January, there's a chance Colak would be on course for 25 goals this season. That doesn't mean he's anywhere near good enough though.

The thread title might read '25 league goals striker needed' but what the OP is really implying is that we need a striker of better quality than what we have at the moment. And for the record, neither Dykes nor Shankland fit that bill (irrespective of their nationality).

We absolutely need a dynamite no 9 and far more from the 2 support forwards
Absolutely dude.

We have transformed midfield in January.

Summer is gk and cf. latter being priority.

RW remains a concern of course and today first half tried to look at a tactical alternative

Looked awful, so a solution there also.

But a guy playing week in week scoring 25 goals domestically is critical.

They have it, their goal difference tells us why that and front 3 generally contributing more is what we need to compete.

Had he not been injured for a period between November and January, there's a chance Colak would be on course for 25 goals this season. That doesn't mean he's anywhere near good enough though.

The thread title might read '25 league goals striker needed' but what the OP is really implying is that we need a striker of better quality than what we have at the moment. And for the record, neither Dykes nor Shankland fit that bill (irrespective of their nationality).
I agree tbh, and my op could have been better phrased.

What we need is 25 goals and a player who runs defenders around, creating space for those behind.

It’s a big ask.

Let’s not forget that in the supposed j league bargain basement the diving wee prick still cost 4.5m. He was a big outlay.

It’s not like they struck lucky spending pennies. He was expensive.

We need to spend wisely, but will need to spend.

It remains an absolute slap on the nuts the roofe situation. Was bought to deliver all of above, I do believe capable of being best player in league.

We are now in the position where we can’t rely on him playing next season.

That’s not hyperbole - the club will be looking at squad next season and roofe will have a “tbc” next to his name. And that won’t be whether or not he’s in Glasgow either.

So we are in the situation where - I believe - we need to spend a chunk of budget on a CF with the potential that roofe (on last year of deal) is fit and available. But only on bench as we need to look to the future.

Colak would get you around 20 a season, but he can’t lead the line. He is the guy you play at home against the jobbers after a tough midweek European game. Boyd Mkii, and even then he is not just as prolific as Boyd. Whether that is enough to keep him I don’t know. Likewise Sakala, I just don’t see him as a starter for us in the long term, albeit he still is effective enough on occasion for SPFL level.

We need at least 2 quality number 9s in the summer, no question. Plus a RW, and another LW if Kent leaves. Matondo and Wright ain’t good enough either. And I don’t think Hagi has the pace you want for that RW role.

Perhaps we could use Tillman in a De Boer role, but that means you need intelligent strikers with good movement, as opposed to wingers, alongside him.

The manager said previously he had already identified the number 9 he wanted - be interesting to see who that is in time.

Reactions: TN8
Absolutely dude.

We have transformed midfield in January.

Summer is gk and cf. latter being priority.

RW remains a concern of course and today first half tried to look at a tactical alternative

Looked awful, so a solution there also.

But a guy playing week in week scoring 25 goals domestically is critical.

They have it, their goal difference tells us why that and front 3 generally contributing more is what we need to compete.
Concerns persist over our central defence. Goldson was sloppy as %^*& today and I'm not convinced by Davies.

Concerns persist over our central defence. Goldson was sloppy as %^*& today and I'm not convinced by Davies.
Centre half definitely needed.

what we have is fine. Fine only.

Hey it’s a huge shopping list, we all get that. But similarly it’s been known for a year so plans should be in place

I’ll start being concerned if it gets to 6 weeks before season starts and not much has happened.

We need a lot of luck in our summer signings then. Guaranteed, 25-goal strikers are outside our budget.

Personally, I'd prefer 5 - 7 players who can get us 10 - 15 goals a season. Probably cheaper, more attainable and wlll spread the load more equitably across the squad, mitigating the impact of injuries.

Colak would get you around 20 a season, but he can’t lead the line. He is the guy you play at home against the jobbers after a tough midweek European game. Boyd Mkii, and even then he is not just as prolific as Boyd. Whether that is enough to keep him I don’t know. Likewise Sakala, I just don’t see him as a starter for us in the long term, albeit he still is effective enough on occasion for SPFL level.

We need at least 2 quality number 9s in the summer, no question. Plus a RW, and another LW if Kent leaves. Matondo and Wright ain’t good enough either. And I don’t think Hagi has the pace you want for that RW role.

Perhaps we could use Tillman in a De Boer role, but that means you need intelligent strikers with good movement, as opposed to wingers, alongside him.
Can’t disagree too much with your assessment of Colak, or Sakala either.
We definitely need better up front.

Think I'd keep Colak. However he offers literally zero unless you can get the ball to his feet in the box but I do think a striker like that is good to have on the books so long as he's not on too much.

We need 2 new strikers though someone to replace Alfie and someone either with huge potential, or someone to compete with the new Alfie.

personally I'd like to see in a direct Alfie replacement plus a young guy with potential + Colak.

i dont know the hate for sakala on this forum

he has better numbers in less games then ryan kent and was free

instead of chucking 30k at ryan kent should we not be wise and get a winger that will get us goals
as we arent getting a striker scoring 25 or 30 goals per season

Think I'd keep Colak. However he offers literally zero unless you can get the ball to his feet in the box but I do think a striker like that is good to have on the books so long as he's not on too much.

We need 2 new strikers though someone to replace Alfie and someone either with huge potential, or someone to compete with the new Alfie.

personally I'd like to see in a direct Alfie replacement plus a young guy with potential + Colak.
That’s even more difficult when he’s often behind the defender.
Mention his goal against Hibs but that’s not a consistent move from him.

i dont know the hate for sakala on this forum

he has better numbers in less games then ryan kent and was free

instead of chucking 30k at ryan kent should we not be wise and get a winger that will get us goals
as we arent getting a striker scoring 25 or 30 goals per season
I don’t even think it’s hate tbh. Just frustration.

He has pace to burn and only looks one way - forward. Which means he creates opportunities and teams hate playing against him.

He just lacks any form of composure,

Re not getting a striker scoring 25 a season why not?

That’s even more difficult when he’s often behind the defender.
Mention his goal against Hibs but that’s not a consistent move from him.

He’s scored an awful lot of goals for someone who is often behind defenders.

I don’t even think it’s hate tbh. Just frustration.

He has pace to burn and only looks one way - forward. Which means he creates opportunities and teams hate playing against him.

He just lacks any form of composure,

Re not getting a striker scoring 25 a season why not?

Sakala is an enigma.

If we’re all being honest, he’s a pretty terrible player, but he gets numbers (goals and assists) which is something we’ve struggled with from our front three.

Genuinely can’t believe what Colak did for the Sakala chance. Utter disgraceful and if that was Morelos the level of abuse he’d have received would have been ghastly.
Not true at all as Morelos did the very same the game before when he had a simple pass for Arfield to score but chose to shoot just like Colak did.
Strikers get greedy Sakala does it a lot as well.

Colak had a poor game no one can deny that was not the case, the hyperbole around that seems to be more to do with the fact he has replaced Morelos.

He’s scored an awful lot of goals for someone who is often behind defenders.

Sakala is an enigma.

If we’re all being honest, he’s a pretty terrible player, but he gets numbers (goals and assists) which is something we’ve struggled with from our front three.
Watch him closely, you’ll see I’m right.
He should be scoring, even missing, a helluva lot more.
Yesterday’s failing to set up Sakala, who might not have scored either, was amateurish.

If Morelos goes I think we'd need two strikers a primary striker who can hit 15-20 league goals plus a secondary striker as understudy. Čolak is okay but I honestly can't see us winning the league with someone like him up top if our main striker gets injured.

If Kent goes we'd probably be looking at a new starting front 3 as well.
Colak is one goal away from what our best striker (Roofe) had when we won 55 after being out injured for two months, he also got us the goals that qualified us for the Champions league.
This is his first season with us and he has 17 goals let's not right him off for one poor game.

We still need two quality strikers all the same as Morelos is done and Roofe is always injured.

Latest posts

Back