Thoughts on Yilmaz

Albertz Loyal

Official Ticketer
Had a pretty quiet game, caught way out of position for the first goal but apart from that did ok.

Didn't think he had a bad game or an amazing game, but very different to the usual overlaps we get from Borna.

What did everyone else think?

Listen - you can clearly see he has the tools but it will be impossible to judge him until he’s had a full pre season under his belt and ready to go next season.

He’s very highly rated and will come good! The issue is are impatient but I can see a player there. I hope we move Borna in the summer and play him right from
The start

Listen - you can clearly see he has the tools but it will be impossible to judge him until he’s had a full pre season under his belt and ready to go next season.

He’s very highly rated and will come good! The issue is are impatient but I can see a player there. I hope we move Borna in the summer and play him right from
The start
You’d move Borna??

He’s the best crosser of a ball in the league

When he’s gone thats a big hole to fill and Yilmaz for me wont offer the same service or assists

IMO

Because of his height most teams will play the long diagonal into his area.

Most of the modern full backs are small mate. He can clearly get up and down the pitch and has something about him. Good teams are able to handle the long balls by the hammer throwers and Beale has us organized.

Give him a pre-season and then judge him next season when he’s injury free and not coming back from one

They targeted him. He coped ok but it was obvious that teams will target him due to his lack of height.

He was off the pace a little but that will improve with match time. Show some nice touches. Crossing too near the keeper.

First goal happened down his side but I'm more inclined to look across the line as he had moved up as he should have done.

Lets see what he does if he can get a few games in his legs.

Got caught out with a long diagonal ball for their first goal, but dealt with them pretty well after then.

I was expecting a bit more drive going forward, but it was his first game back and was probably put in a week or so earlier than would usually have been the case.

You’d move Borna??

When he’s gone thats a big hole to fill and Yilmaz for me wont offer the same service or assists

IMO

Bornas time is up mate. He’s been in that team that’s consistently shat the bed against that lot and won us nothing for years. He can cross a ball but has a weak mentality. It’s time for some fresh blood and winners in the team

Didn’t do anything bad and didn’t anything brilliant.

Needs a lot more game time to get up to speed, but you could see he wants to play a lot higher up the pitch than Borna does. Also felt he dealt with the high balls reasonably well and didn’t back down

I wasn’t expecting big things after so long out but it wasn’t a great game for him. He obviously needs more minutes but once Barisic is back I reckon it will be a hard job for him to get them.

I like him, offers a completely different option to Borna. High energy, very direct, similar attributes in that sense to our recent signings.

I like the way this is shaping up, I just wish we had the Ryan Jack of 5 years ago to work the midfield with Cantwell and Raskin.

Looked like a player making his first start in 5 months after an injury. Anybody who's formed an opinion on him after today is a moron, quite frankly.

Also not sure what you mean about the first goal, Goldson fucked the offside trap, the rest of the back 4 were in a perfect line.

You’d move Borna??

IMO
In the game he was injured against Aberdeen he set up 3 chances in the first 5 minutes

Don't think he can be at fault for 1st goal - he's higher than rest of back 4 and it's goldson that plays the fella onside.

Didn't push as high up the park as I'd have expected but that could have been tactical and not a criticism.

Because of his height most teams will play the long diagonal into his area.
Targeted throughout by Motherwell today and, aside from the disconnect between him and Davies at the first goal, he stood up reasonably well. Noticed Lundstram drifted into that area to help him for the first 15 minutes or so then left him to it. On current form Borna comes back in after the break though.

I was down the front of the stand today , didn't realise how small he is until I've seen him close up

In the game he was injured against Aberdeen he set up 3 chances in the first 5 minutes
then was took off
so in 5mins you have seen hes better then a seasoned pro in the league who has been one of our better players this year

Most of the modern full backs are small mate. He can clearly get up and down the pitch and has something about him. Good teams are able to handle the long balls by the hammer throwers and Beale has us organized.

Give him a pre-season and then judge him next season when he’s injury free and not coming back from one
Most modern full backs are small.
But most leagues aren’t filled with hammer throwers like ours.

I’m not dissing him. I’ve no real opinion on him yet. But I obviously hope he does well

Not sure he can be blamed for that opening goal - whole defence is stepping out, it happens.

All round I thought he did ok, for someone making his first start in months. Second half he looked a bit better on the ball.
Agree mate, he stepped up to hold very high line with the back 4, Goodson was the outlier sitting a few yards deeper for some reason!

Yilmaz was in the correct position.

Not everyone will agree but I want to see both our full backs phased out this season, we are already a season late with this, i think he is the man to take that LB slot.

The main downside to his game today was his poor crossing in the first half.

I think he'd come good if he got a run in the team, but I'm not sure he's going to get that run anytime soon.

The build up to the first goal made it look like he got caught out of position, but the back 4 were playing for offside, however Goldson was slow to get out and therefore a step deeper than the rest. Still not convinced the boy Johnston was actually onside right enough.

Before his injury he was starting to show that he'll be a real player for us. If we give him a chance, I believe that's exactly what he will be. It'll take him time, it'll probably be next season before we really start to see what he can be.

What’s worse - this post, or that a couple of folk have liked it?

Just to be clear, anyone making a ‘decision’ on Yilmaz even though he’s not completed 90 minutes for us in the SPFL yet is an absolute fucking idiot.
fucking idiots?

no offence but are you going on his quality on a youtube video made buy a turk who you wouldnt buy a can of cola off incase it was fake

Back