Time for change posters on every seat today

No Robertson is a Rat, any MD should be looking to improve fan’s experience. He is the one not wanting safe standing. He’s the one who is afraid of the power UBs have. He’s honestly piss poor and it says something when Queens Park have a better MD then us.
Leanne Dempsey !?

No we didn’t. We handed them the title through McGregor’s errors against Hearts at Ibrox, Ross County at Dingwall, Motherwell at Ibrox and Scum at Ibrox. 9 points reverse from those alone which would have seen us Champions by 5 points.

Even with that we finished the season with 1 point more than a straight extrapolation from when Gerrard left would indicate. When Gerrard left after 13 league games we had 30 points, 30/13*38=87.7. We finished the season with 89 points. Our league performance over the season was consistent points accumulation wise, theirs improved dramatically.

Who dished out a new contract to a 40 year old keeper in the first place rather than paying for a new one?

We had the second biggest budget in 2009, 2010 and 2011 did we not? I’m sure we did
We weren't starting from scratch, while they were putting the loot away. Both clubs were pretty even then.

And let's not forget the Rangers fans who warned we were going to end up in real trouble, but nobody was interested.

A poster on here emailed me at the time this group got going to tell me all about the state we were in. I admit I am no business man, far from it, but I knew the money we were throwing around under advocate, we were getting very little back. To even have a chance we would have been needing long runs in the cl to recoup that kind of money. Same thing happened to Leeds utd.

The 2008 bank crash came along and ended the party for many people, not just in the football world. My wee tour of the world party came to an end and I'm still paying it back to this day. The bottom line is, these guys were hunted by others and in the end were bang on, in fact probably ended up worse than anyone imagined.

The vultures circled and went on the attack. I know this is a small piece of the whole mess, but the punting of the arsenal shares was everything rotten with the lot of them. It was a history of the club, whom arsenal came up to play for our centenary game. The first english team I ever seen, with all the big names playing. Was a very special night. These things matter to me

Still not sure as a board and fan base we are united front on the best way forward as to to how we fund the stadium/facilities/team in a sound and sustainable basis.

Think there is a lack of realism when it comes to playing in a second rate league on the periphery of Europe. We are a giant club in world terms but context is everything.
Fair post mate, good points made. I just don't want any repeat of the past mishandling of the club or even close to it.

Wilson and Robertson haven’t pumped £50m in either mate.
There’s 2 board are Rangers.

The footballing board are being paid top money and not delivering. If Van Bronckhorst and the players all got it in the neck it’s about time Smirky and Wilson did too

I know there are 2 boards & I know those two haven’t pumped any money in JW. I’m a shareholder mate.

I’m also not trying to claim that either of them have done a good job.

What I am saying is - Anyone wanting change will need to secure that by securing new investors who disagree with the board, and want to change Wilson & Robertson.

To do that they will need to secure control of the club overall, given Park, Bennet, etc apparent opinions on those two.

And of course, buying control and having no further cash to invest means they will very quickly preside over what some currently think we have at the club now.

So yes 50m is maybe the least needed to both gain control & satisfy some quite unrealistic opinions of fans, many of whom probably have no shares themselves ?

No Robertson is a Rat, any MD should be looking to improve fan’s experience. He is the one not wanting safe standing. He’s the one who is afraid of the power UBs have. He’s honestly piss poor and it says something when Queens Park have a better MD then us.
Any MD should be looking to run the business as efficiently as possible. That’s the job.

The UBs want lots, they bring lots but their entitlement expectations are out of control. Rather than making demands a spell of not attracting UEFA fines or other sanctions on the club, not weaponising the song book, not throwing stuff or providing stuff that can be thrown onto the pitch, not being selfish toward other supporters by pushing into their seats at away games or enveloping them in smoke would perhaps help convince senior management that they are a wholly good thing.

I believe the club do not want them turning into our version of the GB, who are completely out of control, which is why they are wary of them.

Wilson things haven't been great but thats football. He's not deliberately been incompetent. Could he do better, yes but it is what it is. Robertson on the other had treated the fans with contempt. He's been patronising and has basically told fans with legitimate concerns about, ticketing, merchandise, policing to shut up or put up. He can gtf if im honest. It don't like the man. He's meek, he takes our loyalty and money for granted and he can go anytime as far as im concerned. Well done the Union Bears

I know there are 2 boards & I know those two haven’t pumped any money in JW. I’m a shareholder mate.

I’m also not trying to claim that either of them have done a good job.

What I am saying is - Anyone wanting change will need to secure that by securing new investors who disagree with the board, and want to change Wilson & Robertson.

To do that they will need to secure control of the club overall, given Park, Bennet, etc apparent opinions on those two.

And of course, buying control and having no further cash to invest means they will very quickly preside over what some currently think we have at the club now.

So yes 50m is maybe the least needed to both gain control & satisfy some quite unrealistic opinions of fans, many of whom probably have no shares themselves ?

Think a lot will depend on how this season ends if the smelly mob do a treble and we don't beat them in the league then the outcry might be too much for even this board to simply ignore when it comes to Robertson and Wilson.

If we beat them in the Scottish cup and at least one league game then protests might fizzle out.

The fan protests will only grow if things don't change short term if we have another trophyless season.

ya big blazer chaser B-D

Jesus man, there's one phrase I want confined to the history books :D

As for the leaflet/posters, they seemed to be well held up from any pre match pics I've saw. I wasn't there but anyone doing the usual teams coming out, lining up pics and vids they're quite noticeable.

Think a lot will depend on how this season ends if the smelly mob do a treble and we don't beat them in the league then the outcry might be too much for even this board to simply ignore when it comes to Robertson and Wilson.

If we beat them in the Scottish cup and at least one league game then protests might fizzle out.

The fan protests will only grow if things don't change short term if we have another trophyless season.

Agree FDB.

I’m not backing Wilson & Robertson, I have my doubts like many fans.

After the spivs control of the club, when I was one of those outside the stadium, we just need to be careful.

This board are trying their best within the limited means they have, but I do agree with your point. Wilson & Robertson do have to be under serious pressure if we don’t have a great end to the season.

Pretty pathetic. It’s not been a vintage season and the board have made errors but what a load of entitled nonsense.

We have a new manager who is keeping pace with the gallogate gallacticos and we still have a Scottish cup to retain

We're not keeping pace with them though, are we?
A draw at Ibrox, throwing away the win, and beat in the cup.

Too early to judge the manager though, but that statement is just dressing up a pig!

I have to believe there are better options than the current board, but are they currently in any way evident?

King wanted out and had a bit of a reputational battering for it recently. Are there more multi-millionaire Rangers fans out there with the desire to currently take us on?
There are none. This was evident when we were in danger of going out of the game.

We're not keeping pace with them though, are we?
A draw at Ibrox, throwing away the win, and beat in the cup.

Too early to judge the manager though, but that statement is just dressing up a pig!
It really is quite simple. We were 9 points behind when Beale took over and we are still 9 points behind. That in my book is keeping up. The only show in town is the league and next season we will be in there with a stronger team.

Surely the whole point of the club is to win trophies though?

What are Rangers without success?

Merely existing and not living I don’t see as attractive in any way.
And there's loads of supporters up and down the country who don't get success. Does that make them wrong for supporting their team?

Every club wants to win trophies, but if you want me to give you an example of loyalty to their local team, then Newcastle fans are well up there.

And there's loads of supporters up and down the country who don't get success. Does that make them wrong for supporting their team?

Every club wants to win trophies, but if you want me to give you an example of loyalty to their local team, then Newcastle fans are well up there.
Again though isn’t that what separates a club like Rangers from other clubs, that expectation of success that applies to everyone associated with it?

Without that we’re just another club.

We should never be happy to just be here.

Again though isn’t that what separates a club like Rangers from other clubs, that expectation of success that applies to everyone associated with it?

Without that we’re just another club.

We should never be happy to just be here.
Us and them are only in the position we are, because the 2 clubs dwarf the rest. Very big fish in a very small pond.

Our haul of european trophies proves this along with both of us and them in this seasons cl. We will only get up there by playing in another league. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer our bigger clubs to give us a challenge here in scotland, but that's further away than ever.

2 teams chasing most trophies in a country, is not a recipe for success, but that's what it's basically came down to.

Us and them are only in the position we are, because the 2 clubs dwarf the rest. Very big fish in a very small pond.

Our haul of european trophies proves this along with both of us and them in this seasons cl. We will only get up there by playing in another league. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer our bigger clubs to give us a challenge here in scotland, but that's further away than ever.

2 teams chasing most trophies in a country, is not a recipe for success, but that's what it's basically came down to.
Yeah I don’t disagree.

At the heart of these protests though I’m guessing is the fact we are being heavily outgunned by them when it comes to winning trophies recently.

In a two horse race, if you’re not winning your fair share of races, then questions begin to get asked.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to question all at the club from the top down. Robertson and Wilson are not exempt from that.

Yeah I don’t disagree.

At the heart of these protests though I’m guessing is the fact we are being heavily outgunned by them when it comes to winning trophies recently.

In a two horse race, if you’re not winning your fair share of races, then questions begin to get asked.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to question all at the club from the top down. Robertson and Wilson are not exempt from that.
That's fair enough, but although people think that 2012 is long gone, I still feel it has caused a lot more damage than we could ever imagine.

I believe we will get back among the trophies, as that's what happens in football. Wether we will have a long run of domination is another thing. Let's just get on an even sharing of the trophies and take it from there.

You have summed up Scottish football, concluding that it;s 5hite.
Couldn't agree more

Started reading this thread at the game at half time today, commented then put my phone back in my pocket for the second half, mentioned to @OohAhHuistra what a car crash it was even then!
You certainly did mate, wish I never looked now. At least we had a good second half to enjoy anyone saying the majority didn’t hold up the small posters either wasn’t at the game or lying.

Money wasn’t available after 55 because Gerrard wanted no one sold, which he got, and we had made a £23m loss for the year. We can’t spend major money even if it were available and be compliant with UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations. Also we are under special monitoring by UEFA of our financial position. How many times does this need to be said.
Constantly, because noone listens.

Why don’t you educate us then?

No one’s shouting at the investors so what has them putting money in got to do with it?
Loads are shouting at the investors. In fact, it’s difficult to know exactly who wants what. Robertson and Wilson don’t decide how much money is available, so anyone shouting about not investing after 55 are aiming the main board and the investors. Another names Park (but not which one), others want new Rangers men (whatever they are). The list goes on.

I feel a little uncomfortable with the protests towards Robertson and Wilson tbh.

The Wilson protests I can understand as I think he’s performed poorly recently but im not sure why there is so much hate for Robertson.

Anyone against this or those who cannot see the wider issue here when it comes to what we are or are not currently achieving has accepted mediocrity.
Rangers should be winning trophies, it’s that simple.

Beale for me 100% right when he says we should get behind the team and pull in the same direction but protests will always happen when Supporters feel aggrieved.
Anyone there yesterday who didn’t get behind the team?
His comment has absolutely no basis.

He said it in yesterday’s interview after referencing the display. Unless he’s still crying over last week.
Less time crying about fans more time winning trophies please Michael.
I didn't see him mention it yesterday as only watched the Cantwell and Tavernier interview and a wee pitchside interview.

I think Beale will win us trophies.

Good to see him score his first.

Still don't know what they were protesting over.
Their Maws have refused to pay pocket money as they didn't finish their homework they ve decided to act like spoilt brats at every opportunity.

Oh you mean the Motherwell fans? No idea...

Should probably be made a sticky at the top of the Bear Pit.

Entitled nonsense from a section of our support.
We're 10 months from having been to a major European final, an injury crisis away from going for 3IAR (in my opinion). We've a new manager with a record of W18 D1 L1 (I think) since he came in. A section of fans have lost all perspective regarding where we are, considering where we've been.

Im neither for or against it to be honest as i cant make my mind up but to say at the killie game it was a section the support is just wrong id say 80% of the ground were clapping

I feel a little uncomfortable with the protests towards Robertson and Wilson tbh.

The Wilson protests I can understand as I think he’s performed poorly recently but im not sure why there is so much hate for Robertson.
I doubt anyone involved in the protests is a position to judge what Robertson is doing in his day to day job. He is not as vocal as we would like from someone in his position but that is a criticism that applies to everyone involved in running the club and it needs to change.

I can understand the Wilson protests, ultimately he is in charge of the recruitment process which has been largely unsuccessful since he came in and we always seem on the back foot with contract negotiations. I would not be surprised if he moves on in the summer

We fucked up by not turning the starting XI over after 55. Whether that was at the behest of Gerrard or not, I don't know, but that was the time for the much vaunted player trading model to kick in.

We stood still and have paid the price since.

There wasn't any money, £20 odd million losses after Covid and the 55 season.

Back