OF away allocation preference

• Old style 8k

Votes: 178 11.5%
  • Euro style 5% - 2.5/3k

Votes: 623 40.3%

Votes: 261 16.9%

Votes: 483 31.3%

• Total voters
Exactly but it’s funny how everyone is all for it when upping the allocation doesn’t affect them. Don’t blame you by the way.
Totally the only time I’d entertain an increase and even then I’m not sure I would be that bothered would be if we upped capacity by 4/5k, even then it should be done on our terms

Euro style allocation with most votes

Maybe print it off or send the board a link and they’ll run with it …
As much as I’d love it, the votes not exactly conclusive. Think the only obvious takeaway is the majority on here don’t want a return to a full broomloan which I happen to agree with

As mentioned, FF isn’t exactly representative of the fanbase as a whole; nor would it have been if you surveyed all fans attending Motherwell yesterday. The only way we’ll ever know is if the club done a survey but it could be argued that the club would need to have a separate survey for BF3/4/5 and BR3/4/5 season ticket holders as they’d be the ones directly impacted

Euro style allocation with most votes

Maybe print it off or send the board a link and they’ll run with it …
It's pretty much split between those wanting more and those wanting the same or less so would show nothing. If what has been suggested is correct that it is between all or nothing then I would hazzard a guess that it would tend towards nothing

Out of interest does anyone know if there is a similar poll on the scums forum and if so what are the results?

As much as I’d love it, the votes not exactly conclusive. Think the only obvious takeaway is the majority on here don’t want a return to a full broomloan which I happen to agree with

As mentioned, FF isn’t exactly representative of the fanbase as a whole; nor would it have been if you surveyed all fans attending Motherwell yesterday. The only way we’ll ever know is if the club done a survey but it could be argued that the club would need to have a separate survey for BF3/4/5 and BR3/4/5 season ticket holders as they’d be the ones directly impacted
can we have a separate survey for those who'd hope to be in a ballot for a piggery ticket ?? ...... as they are the ones that are directly affected in a sense of not getting a ticket

can we have a separate survey for those who'd hope to be in a ballot for a piggery ticket ?? ...... as they are the ones that are directly affected
Unsure what you mean here. A survey to ask if they’d be happy being shifted for a game? Because I’ve not once said any season ticket holder should miss out so I don’t see how that would be relevant

I’d maybe ask mygers members that regularly apply for away games. If they were against Celtic having a European type allocation or any allocation in general, there could be an argument they should be excluded from Parkhead ballots. That’s not my suggestion, someone said it to me yesterday during a conversation and I thought it was an interesting point

Zero for me. Never have been and never have been interested in going to their ground.

And loved the atmosphere of 51 thousand bears last season when we beat them 1-0 at the beginning of the season.

Neither would be worth the paper they were printed on. The margin of error in the survey could swing it either way :))
I know that. Said it numerous times on this thread but the post I replied to infers it’s conclusive that people want 800 or less which is a nonsense

I know that. Said it numerous times on this thread but the post I replied to infers it’s conclusive that people want 800 or less which is a nonsense
I know too but as with any statistics they can be used to prove the person's point is correct :))

I know too but as with any statistics they can be used to prove the person's point is correct :))
If you just completely discount certain parts of the data, absolutely.

FF is not representative of the fanbase as a whole - it is a snapshot of opinions. If you surveyed the full away end yesterday it wouldn’t have been representative of the fanbase as a whole either

People will use whichever source of information best suits their argument. There’s roughly 15000 season ticket holders that regularly apply for away games. I would be shocked if around 10000 would say no to a ticket at Parkhead if offered. Depending on the wording of the question, I believe the majority of that 15000 would support a European allocation (merely an opinion): however, I understand that 15000 only represents around 1/3 of season ticket holders

The only way we’ll ever know is if the club surveys season ticket holders. People on here making assertions that “the majority” want X or Y are at it. They’re just stating their opinion, much like I am here

If you just completely discount certain parts of the data, absolutely.

FF is not representative of the fanbase as a whole - it is a snapshot of opinions. If you surveyed the full away end yesterday it wouldn’t have been representative of the fanbase as a whole either

People will use whichever source of information best suits their argument. There’s roughly 15000 season ticket holders that regularly apply for away games. I would be shocked if around 10000 would say no to a ticket at Parkhead if offered. Depending on the wording of the question, I believe the majority of that 15000 would support a European allocation (merely an opinion): however, I understand that 15000 only represents around 1/3 of season ticket holders

The only way we’ll ever know is if the club surveys season ticket holders. People on here making assertions that “the majority” want X or Y are at it. They’re just stating their opinion, much like I am here
Then you could survey the mygers members without a season ticket who get tickets for the fixture at Ibrox and would lose out. I would think that that would be entirely different to the away support. People will normally always vote for what benefits them

Then you could survey the mygers members without a season ticket who get tickets for the fixture at Ibrox and would lose out. I would think that that would be entirely different to the away support. People will normally always vote for what benefits them
Of course but if you extend to that, RSCs also need to be surveyed and then also fans that buy the offsite hospitality. Where do you stop?

Where it no longer suits the point you are trying to prove :))
Correct. However, is there any other club or business in the world that would put the wants of non-season ticket holders/regular customers ahead of occasional customers? I don’t think there would. Very much a case of the tail wagging the dog, and I don’t intend for that to be offensive just can’t think of another way of putting it

Correct. However, is there any other club or business in the world that would put the wants of non-season ticket holders/regular customers ahead of occasional customers? I don’t think there would. Very much a case of the tail wagging the dog, and I don’t intend for that to be offensive just can’t think of another way of putting it
If football clubs were like any other business then there's a lot more than this that would change :))

An alternative argument is that the club make £50 from non season ticket holders via mygers and a pound per ticket. Even more if the tickets are used for corporate hospitality. They make £1 from the away ticket and it probably cost's them as much for postage.

There is likely far more chance of the away support continuing to buy season tickets and mygers under the status quo than non season ticket holders paying for mygers without the chance of a ticket for a game against them.

Is it fair? probably not but money means more to the board than it being fair.

If football clubs were like any other business then there's a lot more than this that would change :))

An alternative argument is that the club make £50 from non season ticket holders via mygers and a pound per ticket. Even more if the tickets are used for corporate hospitality. They make £1 from the away ticket and it probably cost's them as much for postage.

There is likely far more chance of the away support continuing to buy season tickets and mygers under the status quo than non season ticket holders paying for mygers without the chance of a ticket for a game against them.

Is it fair? probably not but money means more to the board than it being fair.
A lot of what you say is true there. Hard to disagree with the sentiment however from a business perspective, if it was European allocations and we had a bigger allocation at Parkhead it would provide an incentive for people to buy add ons if it gave them a better chance for a ticket. I think that would be worth more than what you suggest

We could be here countering each other all night though talking about permutations and what that would result in

A lot of what you say is true there. Hard to disagree with the sentiment however from a business perspective, if it was European allocations and we had a bigger allocation at Parkhead it would provide an incentive for people to buy add ons if it gave them a better chance for a ticket. I think that would be worth more than what you suggest

We could be here countering each other all night though talking about permutations and what that would result in
I agree, that's why I don't think they will change it though because to get change you need to show the benefits of it. That could change if there is a big drop in season tickets which may be unlikely. The other unknown is whether that lot will insist on all or nothing rather than compromise. If they do then it is likely to be nothing as things stand.

The addons are an unknown at the moment because once CCCS points drop off the tier system will be very close with the majority of things in the top tiers equal. Euro aways and addons will determine who gets what then.

If they want the full end behind the goal (aka the broomie).
Then give the bears the full end behind the goals at the Piggery (up to and including where their green brigade are).
Fair enough?
If not they can phuck off.

However what every they get they in the future they should be located in a corner of the club deck until we are moved from the corner of the piggery

If the Euro allocation is to be brought back then imo the only fair way to allocate tickets is if you wish to go to away fixture then you have to give up your ticket for the home fixture. This would then allow the fans who need to be moved from Broomloan the chance to sit somewhere else in stadium and see game.

I am not a ST holder or go to away games much. However my brother and his 5 year old boy are in Broomloan rear. I didn’t see why they should have to give up their ticket so some fans can get the chance to go to Celtic away.

If the Euro allocation is to be brought back then imo the only fair way to allocate tickets is if you wish to go to away fixture then you have to give up your ticket for the home fixture. This would then allow the fans who need to be moved from Broomloan the chance to sit somewhere else in stadium and see game.

I am not a ST holder or go to away games much. However my brother and his 5 year old boy are in Broomloan rear. I didn’t see why they should have to give up their ticket so some fans can get the chance to go to Celtic away.
mate,
have a day off :)

Did they have to give up their ticket for Liverpool and move elsewhere? It would be no different, they would still have a ticket.

Unsure what you mean here. A survey to ask if they’d be happy being shifted for a game? Because I’ve not once said any season ticket holder should miss out so I don’t see how that would be relevant

I’d maybe ask mygers members that regularly apply for away games. If they were against Celtic having a European type allocation or any allocation in general, there could be an argument they should be excluded from Parkhead ballots. That’s not my suggestion, someone said it to me yesterday during a conversation and I thought it was an interesting point
well if you think BF 4 & 5 have a separate survey ( i'm not saying they shouldn't ) i believe there should be survey within MyGers only as well , too many fans online vote where it has no effect on them and is just an opinion..... and i totally agree with the part i've highlighted

Out of interest does anyone know if there is a similar poll on the scums forum and if so what are the results?
They are unanimous in wanting the full old allocation back.They love coming to Ibrox and have been working behind the scenes ever since we changed the allocation to restore it to 8000. Even today they’ve rolled out Lustig in the press to demand it back.

They are a club and fan base who cannot handle not getting things their own way.

The fans who actually go honestly do not give a %^*& about being in the corner, honestly why is still being made a thing.
i used to think like this until it was shown to me they used to have fans behind the goals in 6/8 halves of football ,when its put like that i'm like " nah f*ck them " ........ euro style allocation would be a maximum for me

They are unanimous in wanting the full old allocation back.They love coming to Ibrox and have been working behind the scenes ever since we changed the allocation to restore it to 8000. Even today they’ve rolled out Lustig in the press to demand it back.

They are a club and fan base who cannot handle not getting things their own way.

For a club predicated on equality and justice, they don’t half love preferential treatment.

You’ll get 800 like every other lady's front bottom.

If they want the full end behind the goal (aka the broomie).
Then give the bears the full end behind the goals at the Piggery (up to and including where their green brigade are).
Fair enough?
If not they can phuck off.
totally agree, if they get full stand we get full stand end of

This ban on away fans is because they said “full broomloan or nothing” and quite rightly our board said “nothing it is then”
the bottom line is the broomloan stand is now full of season ticket holders for all league games.now their is space to accommodate a Europe type allocation and seats to give those effected in bf 5 etc but and this is the big but more than half of the broomloan front and rear cannot be accommodated elsewhere.season ticket holders come first and it would be obscene to kick them out of the stadium so that lot can get the seats.before anybody points out that this was the case before,that particular horse has bolted.

This ban on away fans is because they said “full broomloan or nothing” and quite rightly our board said “nothing it is then”
the bottom line is the broomloan stand is now full of season ticket holders for all league games.now their is space to accommodate a Europe type allocation and seats to give those effected in bf 5 etc but and this is the big but more than half of the broomloan front and rear cannot be accommodated elsewhere.season ticket holders come first and it would be obscene to kick them out of the stadium so that lot can get the seats.before anybody points out that this was the case before,that particular horse has bolted.
Agreed. Full stand is off the cards as no season ticket holder should miss out. For any compromise they’d need to work backwards based on all season ticket holders being accommodated, then whatever number is needed for segregation and then that would allow them to see what could be offered

If Celtics stance is 7500 or 0, then frankly they can get fu.cked as they shouldn’t be getting the full stand ever again for league games

Whatever it is it should be percentage based.

Every league body and cup competition has a % based away fan allocation, but for some reason the SPFL doesnt.

Every league body and cup competition has a % based away fan allocation, but for some reason the SPFL doesnt.
The EPL isn't unless the capacity is less than 30000. Away fans get 3000 or 10% if lower

That opens the door to every club being able to request 5%. I wouldn’t be against that but it would mean BF4/5 season ticket holders being moved regularly

Would only work if the agreement meant that rangers could withhold tickets by each section to ensure clubs sold out the corner first and then tickets gradually released. I don’t think a % will ever become a league rule

Back