Cedric Itten on fire today against his old club

Young boys play with two up top and Itten and the manager have both said it suits him having a partner to play off. Unfortunately he was never going to get that here and nice to see him doing well.

Good luck to him.
Didn't work out with us, but the jersey is a huge responsibility on the shoulders, that doesn't work out for some.

He was a top goal scorer as well before he came here. Some players do great in one team/league and not in another. He wasn’t good enough for us, or at least didn’t fit into our team.
I think the Scottish game was too physical for his style. He was a good player given the time and no battering rams.

I must admit I thought of him yesterday when we were playing Motherwell and he seemed to like a goal or two against them. Not as successful against others mind you

For me he's up there with Fabio Cardoso in that he's a good player but isn't suited to the rough and tumble (or thuggery if you're not a journalist) of Scottish Football

think it shows how bad the swizz league is and he just was'nt suited to scottish football
wont be the first and defo not the last

Young boys play with two up top and Itten and the manager have both said it suits him having a partner to play off. Unfortunately he was never going to get that here and nice to see him doing well.

Surely a decent scout would have picked up on that?

An underrated player for us, poorly summed up as dud, but never given the appreciation he deserved.

His goal against Lech Poznan was proof of his quality and the one against Motherwell will always be remembered.

Good luck to big Cedric!

I think the Scottish game was too physical for his style. He was a good player given the time and no battering rams.

He was one of those players who didn't know how to be physical without drawing a foul, like he was putting extra force into things to try to compete.

Folk forget he was young and moved to Scotland in the midst of lockdowns. I'm sure things might have been different if he was playing regularly for us and was integrated in straight away. Often think our slowly slowly approach can backfire, especially when it comes to foreign lads, puts too much of a focus on the off the pitch stuff.

From what I read, he didn't settle in Scotland and he then later on had health problems. Loaning him to Germany made very little sense that summer, but you got the feeling that Gerrard was done with him.

His biggest issue was Roofe and Morelos were both a much better options at the time. He still left Scotland with two winners medals and a different life experience I suppose. Be interesting to see if we managed to get a sell on fee, we sold him for quite a low fee, perhaps we were shrewd enough to insert clauses to bump it up over time.

Perfect hattrick too.

I always liked him but it just didn't click with us. I'd like to have seem him do well though.

Good on him. I did find it bizarre how good his goal reel looked in Switzerland before we saw him, compared with how he actually looked for us. He scored all these great goals, goals of all different types too, yet he barely even looked like a goal threat most of the time he was here.

Glad to see him doing well though, he always seemed like a decent guy.

Back