Cowdenbeath trying to battle up the leagues

I'm not. Relegation, or the fear of, gives the no-ambition clubs a reality check and should, eventually, strengthen Scottish football

Understand what you're saying mate, ambition's a great thing, but it's a helluva lot harder to achieve when you've no money in the kitty. Appreciate they maybe should've tried to manage the finances better in past years, but you still need the money coming in to achieve that, something they've never had for years.

Hats off 'big time' to Donald Findlay and his fellow Directors, plus the many Volunteers from the club support, who've worked hard to keep them going In recent years. We understand ourselves about the issues regarding finance (or lack off) in the Scottish game. There'll be many more clubs in the coming years that go the same route as Cowdnbeath sadly.

I'm not. Relegation, or the fear of, gives the no-ambition clubs a reality check and should, eventually, strengthen Scottish football

Its not exactly strengthening Scottish football to see teams throwing money at things for a couple of years before inevitably stalling or, as is likely with a good few, regressing. We're probably no more than a decade away from the next Gretna style collapse.

But Cowdenbeath are a fucking horrible team and Central Park is the worst ground in Scottish football. It is absolutely no loss to the senior leagues.

Exactly, and it shows how poorly structured and operated these clubs were. Two of the relegated League Two sides are 15th and 16th.

Cowdenbeath,Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire are in the lowland league for a reason. Simply not enough people care.They're probably more Rangers supporters in the Loudon on a Saturday before kick off than at any of these grounds for a home game.
As there was no relegation ,Scottish football at division 2 level was always just about survival and moving on to the next season.
If locals in these towns felt that there was proper investment in the club then maybe the home attendances would improve. But at the moment l imagine these locals have better things to do on a Saturday.

What a pity we don't have matching towns called Pigdenbeath, Sheepdenbeath or Goatdenbeath and Hendenbeath.....then they could have their own little league with Old Mac Donald Findlay as its very own SFA.

Exactly, and it shows how poorly structured and operated these clubs were. Two of the relegated League Two sides are 15th and 16th.

It shows how nonsensical it was to not have relegation for so long when (as far as I remember) none of the clubs have came back up again. Obvious why they wanted a closed shop though

It shows how nonsensical it was to not have relegation for so long when (as far as I remember) none of the clubs have came back up again. Obvious why they wanted a closed shop though
Yeah could never take Scottish football seriously like that. The pyramid isn’t perfect yet by any means but at least it’s happened now.

There's only one question that needs answering here. Did that club vote with us or the enemy in 2012? Fairly sure it was the latter so zero sympathy from me.

My pal does the social media for Cowdenbeath FC, goes to every game, tweets the match updates, had to learn about producing the club tv live streaming side of things over lockdown etc. He doesn’t get paid or anything, he just does it out of love for his team. Always respected that and hope they get back up the leagues for him.

Last edited:
I'm sure i've been once, would have been late 70s or early 80s and i think it was midweek which makes me sure it would have been a league cup game.

Personally I love the ground. I've been going since the early 70s as a wee boy. My dad took me to the Stock Cars and eventually started banger racing. It's the racing that keeps the club afloat.

My family is from up the road in Balingry, got taken to a few games there as a kid in the late 80's I have a cowdenbeath shirt from early 2000's in my flat somewhere

Back