Carlton Leach talking up Rangers(video)

His bit about Bill Gardner... :)

I've been to Upton Park a few times and when he would walk in the pub or down the street loads of people (even dads with their kids etc) would go up to him to say hi etc.

A well respected figure down at West Ham and he does indeed seem genuinely nice, but not to be messed with.

My mate borrowed my season tickets for him and his mates who were coming up from London, the next time I was at Ibrox a policeman came along the row asking for me by name, I went with them to a room where they started asking how I knew the guys in the photos which I didn’t other than my Wee mate Kevin who was as staunch as anybody I’ve ever met, it turns out he brought up a guy called Charlie Sargent and three mates who’s names escape me , it was days before the internet and then one night I was watching the tv and I heard the name a few years later in a program about casuals.

I've been to Upton Park a few times and when he would walk in the pub or down the street loads of people (even dads with their kids etc) would go up to him to say hi etc.

A well respected figure down at West Ham and he does indeed seem genuinely nice, but not to be messed with.
Met him outside the etihad once. Great guy but wouldn’t like a dig off him even at his age now

He collects for Foodbanks (I think) outside the Stadium at times. Seen him at a match last year.

My mate borrowed my season tickets for him and his mates who were coming up from London, the next time I was at Ibrox a policeman came along the row asking for me by name, I went with them to a room where they started asking how I knew the guys in the photos which I didn’t other than my Wee mate Kevin who was as staunch as anybody I’ve ever met, it turns out he brought up a guy called Charlie Sargent and three mates who’s names escape me , it was days before the internet and then one night I was watching the tv and I heard the name a few years later in a program about casuals.
Staunch as you like Kevin.

Not many of them kicking about :))

For those interested….. he doesn’t start “talking about rangers” until 12:53 into the video. and last just over 60 seconds.

For those that can’t be fück watching it….
He was in the Loudon before the West Hsm friendly. He and his pal were welcomed with open arms and got photos and the hands shook by lots of people. The “top rangers boys” wanted to be introduced. The end.

Sargent was a big time tout

Charlie Sargent was the Combat 18 bloke, later got done for murder.

I learned that later . I never met him honest

We were on a Euro away once and one of my mates got talking to a bloke from London, the bloke said he'd send a copy of a CD of loyalists tunes up to my mate so he gives him his address. Fast forward a couple of weeks and my mate gets a package with the CD as promised and a load of C18 literature :D :D

Listened to the Central Club podcast with Cardiff legendary top boy Annis Abraham, very pro Rangers and has a healthy dislike of the fire door foamers

Wish this would hurry up and release, doubt there will be anything new, but you never know.
Better article:

So who are these Rangers top boys who were star struck before the West Ham game?
Sounds a bit vague. A think a few people that recognised them just spoke to them .

And you wouldnt ask to be introduced to Bill Gardner. If you wanted to talk to him , you just would

Better article:

Cheers bud, that's interesting.

I know Nipper Ellis came out and said his Father done it (I don't believe him), And you have that Bernard O'Mahoney saying it wasn't Whomes and Steele were innocent only to turn around a few years back and say that they done it. Coppers were linked to it etc. as well.

This is one that will go on forever methinks.

Back