Soccer AM cancelled

Thommo2006

To be honest it has been pretty poor for a while but it was a must watch back in the day, sad that it has been binned but defo the right decision.

Used to be weekly viewing when I was younger. Nowadays couldn’t be less interested in it. Crazy to think they used to get some properly good guests on it, now it’s z-listers and people very few have heard of.

Remember when they used to do the “Nearly Men” section and Fenners would dress up as Mel C and Sheepshead in drag too and prance about. Fair play to Mel C who then came on the show, was really funny.
Just imagine that happening now :))

To be honest it should have been binned about 10 years ago.

I loved it up until around 2010 as well.
Truth be told it was never the same after Lovejoy left, him and Helen Chamberlain were an excellent pairing.

Haven't watched it in years was great in it's day with ti & helen the dance offs the soccerettes etc the latest presenters ffs one thinks hees a football casual the other dresses like he fell out a skip
Tbh prob the youth of today probably killed it. They get offended by anything these days.. Next to get the chop will be super Saturday as that's absolutely dreadful now and will only get worse when old Jeff goes

Last edited:
Still watch it every week, still think it’s class. Disappointing that it’s ending.
I noticed the change in it especially during and after covid just wasnt the same

lovejoy was class when on it
but him leaving really did start the damage

sad, it was apart of my saturday morning ritual

Its a totally different program to how it was with LoveJoy and Hells Bells. But even if you dont compare to two it's passable at best for some entertainment for an hour or so

Social media killed it. It would show clips from leagues of skills/mistakes that you now get on repeat 24/7.

It was very much a part of lad culture in the 90’s, Chamberlain got her kit off in one of the magazines at the time. There’s still funny moments but like all shows, eventually the material dries up.

Was essential Saturday morning viewing back in the day.

But after Lovejoy left, it went downhill.

Quite surprised it has run as long as it has

Last time i seen 10 mins or so some guy called pube or something was asking a player questions that didnt make any sense, was obviously supposed to be funny but i doubt anyone, anywhere was laughing. You have to say some of these people have done well to get 30 years out of it, was no bad at the start.

Hopefully they replace it with the old premiership farts breakfast club with a look back at some classic games, latest from ladies game and all the build up to the 3 pm game, Bournemouth v Palace.

Used to love it back in the Lovejoy days.

Maybe it was because I was so young, but it felt like it was on for about 5 hours.

Downhill after he left then off a cliff after Max Rushden left.

I watch it every now and then on a Saturday morning. Almost nothing to it these days, spend 10 minutes talking to some band who don’t like football, then another 20 doing a tired soccer Saturday parody then go outside and arse about on the pitch for the rest of the show.

They used to have a lot of good sketches throughout. Some recurring stuff like the away days thing and one offs.

Last time I even saw it getting spoken about was when they had that Irish tramp on singing the Salah/Mane song over and over.

I still stick it on every so often but can’t say I will miss it too much tbh. As others said long past it’s prime.

Back