Scotland fans hit out at the booing of Ryan Jack

He has issues with his hearing apparently.

Selective hearing it's called.

He didnt defend Kris Boyd when the Tims sang about him being an Orange B. Kris Boyd was his player at Killie at the time. However, just a few weeks later, he was outraged at some of our fans singing about him being a FB.

Clarke played the victim card long and loud leading to Andy Walker on Sky doing a special interview with Jim White on sectarianism. That's not accurate. It was a special on anti Catholic sectarianism.

By the way that's the same Andy Walker that said Boydie enjoyed being abused and that was in reference to the same game at Killie mentioned above. Perhaps Jim White should have interviewed Clarke on anti Protestant sectarianism.

It isn’t that easy though is it. Players or their clubs can’t refuse a National call up. He is proud to be Rangers and Scottish.

The problem is, is that there are too many Scottish Rangers fans who have allowed the poets to take over. That’s the big problem. I’d be embarrassed if I was one of they fans who refuses to support their national team. It is embarrassing. We have the biggest support in Scotland so it’ll be easy to take over again.

Loads of Rangers fans would rather support England. Ridiculous. I was born in England and have an English accent, I’d never be seen, at all, supporting England. Ever.
Im sure if he wanted he could retire from international football with no form of retribution to himself or Rangers

A myth, the crowds were usually much bigger then and in all my days attending I never heard it, But I was always up the Ranger's end, maybe it was happening down the other part of the ground.

Me too but then Im soooo staunch apparently.

The likes of the John McGinn song, which is often sung, that Doh A Deer sh*te and Tartan Army Boys are nothing to do with the English, and are the most oft sung.

Are songs sung about the English by some fans on occasion? Of course they are, you ever been away with us? you might hear a certain team sung about now and then, it doesn't then mean Rangers fans live in an existence of hate of that team as opposed to a love of Rangers.

You are attempting to dilute thousands and thousands of people down into one single thing, and it really just isn't as simple as that I am afraid

I attend Scotland games, my mum is English, I don't really hate her to be honest with you, yet you are half implying I do, which is f*cking mad.

A lot of Scottish people do actually just like, Scotland and see their feelings about Scotland as their priority.
I have always supported Rangers and would always back them and our fans especially on a Rangers forum , why you are constantly bringing in Rangers fans is puzzling as you appear to be more of a Scotland fan going by your defence , that's your privilege , one which I can't / won't share. I stopped going to Scotland games way back because of the behaviour of some Scotland fans, who insist on behaving the same way to this day. As for the comment about your mother behave yourself and stick to the narrative.

Not like Jock "I'd always sign a Protestant because I know the Catholics will always sign" Stein to talk shite
“Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?”
“The Protestant”
“Why?”
“Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic.”

Is what he actually said.

I have always supported Rangers and would always back them and our fans especially on a Rangers forum , why you are constantly bringing in Rangers fans is puzzling as you appear to be more of a Scotland fan going by your defence , that's your privilege , one which I can't / won't share. I stopped going to Scotland games way back because of the behaviour of some Scotland fans, who insist on behaving the same way to this day. As for the comment about your mother behave yourself and stick to the narrative.
You mean the behaviour of Scottish folk who have allowed the poets to take over our country? Is that the behaviour you mean?

You went to Scotland games? Ah that must mean you hate England right?

Your whole post reads to me, a bit, just a wee bit like, you have little to say back to what was said so you have sort of attempted to drag the point to the gutter

You think Scotland fans hate England more than than they like Scotland because they sing about England correct?

Rangers fans sing about Celtic, so using your own logic, Rangers fans who do that hate Celtic more than they support Rangers, that is what you have implied. That is your thought process, if it is applicable of a Scotland fan doing it, then it would be applicable to me as a Rangers fan doing that.

I support Rangers and I can assure you as someone who has sung anti Celtic songs, the logic of your point is f*cking bullsh*t, and I would think that no matter if I had on either Rangers or a Scotland top. That comment actually is backing Rangers fans, implying fans hate Celtic more than us, your logic, isn't.

My comment about my Mum is utterly relevant, you have said as a Scotland game going football fan I must in turn hate my own parent purely because of her Nationality, you are asking for that point to be parked because there is literally f*ck all you can say in reply to that, because it makes your narrative, look incredibly stupid.

make logical, sound, sensible points "more of a Scotland fan" f*ck sake.

Last edited:
SCOTLAND fans have hit out at booing aimed at Ryan Jack from within their own support.

The Rangers star started Saturday's 3-0 win over Cyprus, winning his 15th international cap.

Jack returned to join Celtic skipper Callum McGregor in the heart of Steve Clarke's midfield, restoring the partnership that the Scotland boss regularly deployed during the run to Euro 2020 qualification.

After an injury-blighted couple of years, the 31-year old has managed to stay fit this season and has once again become a key man in the Rangers side since Michael Beale's appointment as manager in November.

Jack and McGregor has been Clarke's preferred duo in the middle of the park since becoming Scotland boss, and both players have spoken of their 'great' partnership on national team duty, despite their obvious club rivalry

But while McGregor, who won his 50th cap at the weekend, regularly gets plaudits from the Tartan Army, Jack's relationship with the national team support hasn't always been an easy one

He was infamously heavily booed on his Scotland debut in a friendly against the Netherlands in November 2017.

That game took place at Pittodrie, with Aberdeen fans on that occasion in an unforgiving mood with Jack having swapped the Dons for Rangers just a few months previously.

While that level of booing from the stands hasn't been heard again, at least not on international duty, the topic has cropped up in the years that have followed his maiden Scots appearance.

Former Scotland midfielder Lee McCulloch hit out after a section of fans were heard booing Jack during a match with Belgium at Hampden back in 2018

And after Saturday's triumph over Cyprus, a number of Scotland fans took to social media to hit out at fellow supporters who they had heard jeering the Rangers midfielder.

One fan wrote: "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered and insulted when playing for Scotland. Sad to read that similar incidents are still taking place. These 'fans' should get a grip or stay at home."

Another said: "He is Scottish and playing for Scotland. Club rivalries should be put aside."

A third added: "If that was going on, it's a disgrace."

Another said: "Absolutely despise folk who take their club prejudices to a Scotland game."

A fifth commented: "I don't get why fans would boo a player for the national team."

Another fan who was at the game exclaimed: "I've been to maybe 20 Scotland games and never heard anyone shouting abuse at a player because of the club they play for. It shocked me a bit."

An Aberdeen fan added: "Jack was poor yesterday, but people shouldn't be booing their own team."

Another supporter said: "His work with McGregor has been crucial to most of our good results. Bizarre reaction every time he plays."

Next up for Scotland on the road to Euro 2024 is a mouthwatering showdown with three-time continental champions Spain.

Both sides head into tomorrow night's big Hampden clash on the back of 3-0 wins.

After the Tartan Army beat Cyprus, Spain went on to beat Norway in the same scoreline.
Will useless start an investigation?

There's a significant number of the Tartan Army who are Rangers hating scumbags, it's no surprise he is booed.

He (Jack) was getting loads of abuse online when it was announced he was starting on Saturday.

The country for the most part is an absolute cesspit.
He also gets abuse on here for not "prioritising Rangers", people saying the manager and captain should tell him if he wants to play for Scotland he won't be getting a new contract.

He also gets abuse on here for not "prioritising Rangers", people saying the manager and captain should tell him if he wants to play for Scotland he won't be getting a new contract.
I have never seen him getting abused on here it's common sense that more games will not be good for him as we are already managing his game time.
Plus one of Jacks injuries was when he came back from playing for Scotland, which did not go down well and understandably so.

Yip. Hearts fan and Hearts player who played in the team that beat Hibs 5-1 just three months previously in the Scottish Cup final. But no, he was getting booed at Easter Road because he was a Rangers player.:rolleyes:
Andy Webster and Berra played that night.

Did they get booed?

Im sure he got booed at his first touch in the game but nothing much after it
He will get booed more now but for me if he wants to play for the sfa team and their scum supporting manager that's his right but pride would tell me to steer clear of them buts that's Jack's decision.

Webster must have by your logic? Ex Rangers player, no?
You said it was because Black was a former Hearts player he got booed so Andy Webster or Berra must've suffered the same abuse.

I've offered you 3 incidents that involve/involved players who were playing with Rangers at the time the were abused by the tartan army.

So did Webster, a Hearts player, get booed? That is your logic not mine.

Going to be honest, that jumped out at me too. No idea when that was .
I used to go to Hampden regularly during the ‘80s for Scotland games and while I do remember a small number in the Rangers end that struggled to celebrate a goal by a Celtic player, I never heard anyone boo them.

You said it was because Black was a former Hearts player he got booed so Andy Webster or Berra must've suffered the same abuse.

I've offered you 3 incidents that involve/involved players who were playing with Rangers at the time the were abused by the tartan army.

So did Webster, a Hearts player, get booed? That is your logic not mine.
Nope, it's your logic. Why did Webster (ex Rangers player) not get booed?

You went to Scotland games? Ah that must mean you hate England right?

Your whole post reads to me, a bit, just a wee bit like, you have little to say back to what was said so you have sort of attempted to drag the point to the gutter

You think Scotland fans hate England more than than they like Scotland because they sing about England correct?

Rangers fans sing about Celtic, so using your own logic, Rangers fans who do that hate Celtic more than they support Rangers, that is what you have implied. That is your thought process, if it is applicable of a Scotland fan doing it, then it would be applicable to me as a Rangers fan doing that.

I support Rangers and I can assure you as someone who has sung anti Celtic songs, the logic of your point is f*cking bullsh*t, and I would think that no matter if I had on either Rangers or a Scotland top. That comment actually is backing Rangers fans, implying fans hate Celtic more than us, your logic, isn't.

My comment about my Mum is utterly relevant, you have said as a Scotland game going football fan I must in turn hate my own parent purely because of her Nationality, you are asking for that point to be parked because there is literally f*ck all you can say in reply to that, because it makes your narrative, look incredibly stupid.

make logical, sound, sensible points "more of a Scotland fan" f*ck sake.
I said the majority of Scotland fans not all of them ....I went to some Scotland games as a KID but I never understand or took to the Anglophobia on display . When you start insulting and fabricating things you think I've said then it's time to end any discussion.

SCOTLAND fans have hit out at booing aimed at Ryan Jack from within their own support.

The Rangers star started Saturday's 3-0 win over Cyprus, winning his 15th international cap.

Jack returned to join Celtic skipper Callum McGregor in the heart of Steve Clarke's midfield, restoring the partnership that the Scotland boss regularly deployed during the run to Euro 2020 qualification.

After an injury-blighted couple of years, the 31-year old has managed to stay fit this season and has once again become a key man in the Rangers side since Michael Beale's appointment as manager in November.

Jack and McGregor has been Clarke's preferred duo in the middle of the park since becoming Scotland boss, and both players have spoken of their 'great' partnership on national team duty, despite their obvious club rivalry

But while McGregor, who won his 50th cap at the weekend, regularly gets plaudits from the Tartan Army, Jack's relationship with the national team support hasn't always been an easy one

He was infamously heavily booed on his Scotland debut in a friendly against the Netherlands in November 2017.

That game took place at Pittodrie, with Aberdeen fans on that occasion in an unforgiving mood with Jack having swapped the Dons for Rangers just a few months previously.

While that level of booing from the stands hasn't been heard again, at least not on international duty, the topic has cropped up in the years that have followed his maiden Scots appearance.

Former Scotland midfielder Lee McCulloch hit out after a section of fans were heard booing Jack during a match with Belgium at Hampden back in 2018

And after Saturday's triumph over Cyprus, a number of Scotland fans took to social media to hit out at fellow supporters who they had heard jeering the Rangers midfielder.

One fan wrote: "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered and insulted when playing for Scotland. Sad to read that similar incidents are still taking place. These 'fans' should get a grip or stay at home."

Another said: "He is Scottish and playing for Scotland. Club rivalries should be put aside."

Another said: "Absolutely despise folk who take their club prejudices to a Scotland game."

A fifth commented: "I don't get why fans would boo a player for the national team."

Another fan who was at the game exclaimed: "I've been to maybe 20 Scotland games and never heard anyone shouting abuse at a player because of the club they play for. It shocked me a bit."

An Aberdeen fan added: "Jack was poor yesterday, but people shouldn't be booing their own team."

Another supporter said: "His work with McGregor has been crucial to most of our good results. Bizarre reaction every time he plays."

Next up for Scotland on the road to Euro 2024 is a mouthwatering showdown with three-time continental champions Spain.

Both sides head into tomorrow night's big Hampden clash on the back of 3-0 wins.

After the Tartan Army beat Cyprus, Spain went on to beat Norway in the same scoreline.
They’ve been booing players for a long time, I remember the support booing Gary Mac back in 1996 at the chamber of secrets…

It’s that same narrow mindedness in Scottish football that is a large part of the reason I can’t stomach the national team! Long may it wallow in mediocrity!

Last edited:
I said the majority of Scotland fans not all of them ....I went to some Scotland games as a KID but I never understand or took to the Anglophobia on display . When you start insulting and fabricating things you think I've said then it's time to end any discussion.

You don’t understand why one football team isn’t overly fussed for another?

You been following football long?

That Mcgregor is chronic to watch, backwards and sideways, if he was a top player he'd be playing in the EPL like mcginn, Robertson etc

In the late 60s/early 70s there were issues about who should be pIcked for Scotland. Willie Henderson or Jimmy Johnstone. Ronnie McKinnon or Billy McNeil. Sandy Jardine or Davie Hay. Willie Johnstone or Bobby Lennox. The Celtic supporters were particularly loud on these matters. I remember Bob Crampsey referring to this on Scotsport that depending on which part of the ground you were in you would invariably cheer for four players, boo another four and completely ignore the other three! But I will not forget the night when Scotland beat Italy in a WC match when Jock Stein was the Scotland manager and he picked Greig at right-back instead of Jim Craig, Davie Provan at left-back instead of Tommy Gemmell, Ronnie McKinnon at centre-half instead of Billy NcNeil and Willie Henderson instead of Jimmy Johnstone. And Baxter at left-half.

They’ve been booing players for a long time, I remember the support booking Gary Mac back in 1996 at the chamber of secrets…

It’s that same narrow mindedness in Scottish football that is a large part of the reason I can’t stomach the national team! Long may it wallow in mediocrity!
He got booed against Czech Republic, think Scotland lost 2-1 that night. EURO 2000 Qualifier.

The very reason I couldn’t go and watch Scotland now, the treatment of Rangers players is disgusting amongst the halfwits

Jacks decision what he does but I know what I’d be doing

Only player I've booed at a Scotland game was Roy Aitken,not because he played for the tramps but because he was utter pish and fucking Roxburgh kept picking him.

He was a former Hearts player in a Scotland game at Easter Road? Yes, I remember it. I think the Hearts fans got over it and managed to move on.
Did the Hearts captain not play for Scotland that night?

Can’t remember who that was though. However he wasn’t booed.

I still maintain if you go round the 45k+ fans at a Scotland match at Hampden, the biggest group would be Rangers fans.

Not saying we are the majority like 50% of the support but defo a bigger group within that 45k than any other club.

I've stood up against scum at Hampden shouting at our players at Scotland matches and had back up I'd say 8 times out of 10.
Absolutely this is correct!

One of Scotland’s best players disgraceful behaviour booing one of their own one of the reasons I could never support or go to a Scotland game again and I really cannot fathom why a Ranger’s supporter would give them their support.
Is it now ok to come on here and just lie then?
No-one at Hampden was booing Ryan Jack on Saturday
I watch on TV and I had 3 mates/ family who were at the game - they confirmed no booing of Jack at the game itself

It’s not a new thing. I used to go to Scotland games home and away and got sick of it. The last game I attended was in mid 2000s and Scotland v ROI.

I had a tit in front of me dressed in kilt, with Scotland top, ROI socks and a tri-colour draped round him.

From kick off every time Ferguson touched the ball he booed and called him everything. Got to HT and I told him to shut his mouth or leave. He started again in the second half so I politely planted one on his chin.

In my defence I did warn him it was coming and he chose to take the option to continue. He went crying to stewards and I was asked to leave. Never been back since and never will do.

It’s not a new thing. I used to go to Scotland games home and away and got sick of it. The last game I attended was in mid 2000s and Scotland v ROI.

I had a tit in front of me dressed in kilt, with Scotland top, ROI socks and a tri-colour draped round him.

From kick off every time Ferguson touched the ball he booed and called him everything. Got to HT and I told him to shut his mouth or leave. He started again in the second half so I politely planted one on his chin.

In my defence I did warn him it was coming and he chose to take the option to continue. He went crying to stewards and I was asked to leave. Never been back since and never will do.
Because of him? Ffs.B-D

Remember our players when they played for England like Butcher Stevens Steven etc getting greif more than other England players when they played against Scotland

Last edited:
Far too much bitterness in Scottish football, something that should at least be avoided for international football can't because people always need something to complain about. Searching Jack's name on twitter leads to loads of bitter supporters of other clubs giving it the he's pish or not understanding football is more than just names or the level of league you play in and the need for a balanced side. Him and Robertson i'm certain are the only Scottish outfield players since 2010 to play every knockout match for a club who reached a european final. If that's pish we don't have any good players.

Back