Favourite Rangers goal

Cooper apparently had an even better one than the DCF one, think it was the same tournament the previous year and it’s not on video anywhere.

I absolutely love Ryan Jacks goal in the 1-0 against them a few years ago aswell. Just the weight that felt like it had been lifted when we finally managed to beat them after something like 12 games?

Mind standing in the ground feeling like the second half was going so slowly and praying for the final whistle

Jelavic overhead kick against Aberdeen is a personal favourite aswell.

Ok, that’s me done. Could just keep mentioning goals the more I think about it

Loved Miller’s v St Mirren in the cup final. Down to 9 men, I just couldn’t see us doing it. Not sure if it’s my favourite but it’s the first one that came to my head when I read the OP.

Jorg Albertz in the cup semifinal against Celtic in 98 for me. A few people have said McCoist’s header in the same game and I’d have third third or fourth on my list. What a game that was.

Ian Durrant vs Marseilles takes some beating for both technique and importance. Up there along with…
Super’s overhead kick vs Hibs
Cooper DCF
Cooper LCF free kick vs.sheep
Both goals at Elland Road
Konterman’s Bertieyarder vs scum.

Just one did you say?

So many for so many different reasons.

But given the circumstances on the day I’m going for Ian Ferguson’s free kick against the filth on 1st April 1989.

Ask me tomorrow and I’ll give a different answer!

So many for so many different reasons.

But given the circumstances on the day I’m going for Ian Ferguson’s free kick against the filth on 1st April 1989.

Ask me tomorrow and I’ll give a different answer!
Did Ally not head that in on the line?

McCoist header versus Leeds at Elland Road for me.

Very closely followed by Lovenkrands last minute header against the other mob in the cup final.

Gazza's 2nd against the sheep to win the title in 1996. I was right behind it in the Copland Rear.
So many options but this for me also.

What a feeling that day when he scored it knowing I had just witnessed one of the best players ever to play for Rangers scoring one of our best goals ever to win the league. I could watch that goal again all day. Class.

So many options but this for me also.

What a feeling that day when he scored it knowing I had just witnessed one of the best players ever to play for Rangers scoring one of our best goals ever to win the league. I could watch that goal again all day. Class.
The second goal was that good people hardly ever mention the first that was also a beautiful goal.

To many to mention but recently Tavs at home v Liepzig the whole stadium was supercharged to a level I had never seen before and that roar when he came in and back post and finnished it will live with me till day I die.

Hagi’s deflected free kick against Braga was fun. Come to think of it Aribo’s Mazy run to make it 2-2 wasn’t to bad either.

Last edited:
Back