Union Bears doing a collection to help pay members legal fees

Some of the judgement on this thread is incredible. I’m not a fan of some of what the UB do but we should rally as a support to help them with this.

They were at Hampden to set up a display for the support, for the team, for the club and the GB shouldn’t have been there. What do the holier than thou on this thread expect them to have done in the circumstances?

'One replied: "I'm a regular donator however this is concerning. Tell me again why I should be donating to this as it has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers FC, Ibrox, atmosphere, Tifo?'

The UB never said you needed to, why are people like this?

Donate if u want its as simple as that

On this occasion that's exactly what they are.

They had every right to be at Hampden to set up their display and had permission to be there, the GB didnt. The GB ambushed them, they stood up for themselves ans chased them away.

Police Scotland didnt do their jobs on this morning and should have stopped the GB going anywhere near the UBs ....
"I'm no fightin the day"

When you paint yourself as an ultras group and actively look to battle other fans groups, you don't get a day off.

Had an RSC bus been attacked and guys been done by the police for defending themselves, I'd donate.

But wannabe football hooligans? No thanks

"I'm no fightin the day"

When you paint yourself as an ultras group and actively look to battle other fans groups, you don't get a day off.

Had an RSC bus been attacked and guys been done by the police for defending themselves, I'd donate.

But wannabe football hooligans? No thanks
The UB's werent looking to battle anyone on that day. They had gone to Hampden to set up their display and they had been given permission to do this. They got attacked and defended themselves..

Last edited:
Maybe after today, the UB's should take to the police stations with protests and highlight the incompetence of Scotland's so called finest. I cant imagine being a Rangers supporting cop and watching it unravel

You're missing the point.

If you go around looking for trouble, you don't get a day off.
I would have thought the point is, that Police Scotland failed to do their jobs and must have seen the GB walking towards the stadium and sat back and did nothing.

The GB had no permission to be at the stadium on this morning as they had been in the previous day to set up their display.

Fair Play to The Union bears, as has been said nobody has to donate , too many hunks and bed wetters in our support now , back in the 70's 80's naebody messed wi the Teds , so good on the Union bears for not backing down, when they were the ones that were being attacked by bigger numbers .

I would have thought the point is, that Police Scotland failed to do their jobs and must have seen the GB walking towards the stadium and sat back and did nothing.

The GB had no permission to be at the stadium on this morning as they had been in the previous day to set up their display.
I agree on this.

But we'll need to agree to disagree on whether it's right to be asking other fans ti our their hands in their pockets for legal fees.

The UB are tone deaf when it comes to a large % of the Rangers support. And the two threads running in here today are testament to that.

I agree on this.

But we'll need to agree to disagree on whether it's right to be asking other fans ti our their hands in their pockets for legal fees.

The UB are tone deaf when it comes to a large % of the Rangers support. And the two threads running in here today are testament to that.
Pity there wasn't anything like this back in the day. Could have had a couple of good holidays with the fines I paid out.

As my old man used to say to me every time, Rangers won't pay your fines.

Pity there wasn't anything like this back in the day. Could have had a couple of good holidays with the fines I paid out.

As my old man used to say to me every time, Rangers won't pay your fines.
It's the modern way.

Apparently when you make an arse of it these days, there are 2 routes you can take:
(1) play the victim card, or
(2) crowdfund for others to pay for your fck up

I bet all the ones criticising the UB here were all proud as fúck that morning when they seen the videos of them chasing the GB after being ambushed and the polis failing to do their job. You probably even shared the videos of social media. Yet here you are calling them wee fannies etc.

Some of these boys who have been lifted will be in min wage jobs or apprenticeship salaries, yet they won’t be eligible for any legal aid whatsoever and have to fork out £1000s on legal fees all because they were protecting themselves from the scum.

I’ll definitely be donating today as it’s the least we can do when the UB were out defending our reputation as a support that morning.

I know nothing about court cases or legal fees so I need educated please.

What are legal fees, just paying for some lawyer to argue your case, is that all it is? What if you cant afford one?

Is it correct that the UB's were there because they got authority to go in Hampden early to set up the display but the green run away brigade had set up theirs the day before ?
Yes 100% true. UBs were attacked by the vermin but defended themselves and the Green Brigade and Bhoys completely and utterly shat themselves and hid behind the polis who they claim to hate.

I know nothing about court cases or legal fees so I need educated please.

What are legal fees, just paying for some lawyer to argue your case, is that all it is? What if you cant afford one?
To pay for defence lawyers. If you're not working or on low wages then you might get legal aid.

Its not Green Street, and they aren’t Charlie Hunnam and Elijah Wood.

I’m not saying sit and take bricks to the face, but thats not what happened either.

Its two groups of adults acting like 2 groups of neanderthals.
What happened then?

I bet all the ones criticising the UB here were all proud as fúck that morning when they seen the videos of them chasing the GB after being ambushed and the polis failing to do their job. You probably even shared the videos of social media. Yet here you are calling them wee fannies etc.

Some of these boys who have been lifted will be in min wage jobs or apprenticeship salaries, yet they won’t be eligible for any legal aid whatsoever and have to fork out £1000s on legal fees all because they were protecting themselves from the scum.

I’ll definitely be donating today as it’s the least we can do when the UB were out defending our reputation as a support that morning.
I was certainly not proud as %^*& watching that. Embarrassing from both sides.

I think the UB have done a lot of good work over the years at Ibrox but they also do a lot of daft things (I don’t mean this particular incident).

To pay for defence lawyers. If you're not working or on low wages then you might get legal aid.

What if u can't afford it or chose to defend yourself?

The UB lads seem to have a solid case. As long as there are no videos of the actually kicking the shit out of someone, all the vids I saw were shouting and chasing.

The filth had no reason to be there, the UB did. I hope there is no evidence of some sort of prearranged meet.

Some of the replies saying this is wrong from the same folk on the day giving it yaldi about the tims taking a tanking and a chasing. Can’t have it both ways.

Some of the judgement on this thread is incredible. I’m not a fan of some of what the UB do but we should rally as a support to help them with this.

They were at Hampden to set up a display for the support, for the team, for the club and the GB shouldn’t have been there. What do the holier than thou on this thread expect them to have done in the circumstances?

Great post. Compare and contrast the reaction to our women's coach sticking the head on the Celtic women's coach. Unbelievable double standards.

Exactly mate, the usual suspects on here will take any opportunity for a pile on. Boring and predictable.

The same fans who are happy to bask in the glory of the 150 year anniversary tifo for example, prepared and paid for by UB and the wider fanbase while the club did nothing other than use the photographs to promote the club.

In this case, Rangers fans happy to stick the boot into Rangers fans when they were fully justified in standing up for themselves.

All the serial detractors know this fine well but I’ll repeat, they were at Hampden to prepare a Tifo to represent the club and the fans, pre arranged and agreed by the SFA and Rangers.
Police Scotland ignored a large group of scum fans making their way to the stadium in the full knowledge UB were there and what would happen.
As usual, PS stood back, let it all happen then used the national press days later to hunt down and prosecute Rangers fans for defending themselves.
That’s exactly what happened and you all know that fine well.
That’s how PS senior officers and political masters police these days, Scotlands finest indeed.

UB have been perfectly open about this, If you don’t want to contribute then that’s your prerogative but those rushing onto a forum to dish out lessons on morality need to piss off and leave those willing to support the lads get on with it, and don’t hide behind the ‘not a good look for the club’ BS either, it’s pathetic.

Even better, if any of you go to the games, rather than post on here, feel free to go round to the UB stall and let them know exactly how you feel.

Back