Union Bears doing a collection to help pay members legal fees

Lets hope nobody attacks you in the street as you are meant to stand there and not defend yourself according to you.

You're pishing against the wind, my man.

I know me and you argue on several things, but nine times out of ten I'm always in agreement with you - folk just don't want to see the bigger picture on this particular topic.

Despite the fact they probably salivated at the videos on the day and pretended it "Used to be them".

Doubt that any more than some colourful words would have been thrown and maybe some projectiles - I am not saying they are in the wrong but if I am walking up the road from the game tonight and two tims confront me, I chase them and give them a few slaps, end up in court - are we all gonna chip in for my lawyer, after all I was defending the fanbase and all that…
I’ve seen your attempts at chasing and slapping.

we’d be better chipping in for some boxing lessons B-D

Thought the UB songbook today was woeful. At the LC final it was ok to defend themselves but as video and photos show they followed up by getting involved at North Stand area.

Donate or don’t, they’ve been honest about what any donations today are for. A lot of the people moaning about this though were only too gleeful to watch, share and boast about the videos of the wee wannabe paramilitary gimps of the GB get embarrassed for all the world to see by those who are now up in court for it. Few quid that you’d spend on a shite coupon in ladbrokes put to good use instead.

Been disappointed with some of their antics in the past but was more than happy to put some money in their bucket today. These lads have their faults but Ibrox would be like a graveyard on match day if it wasn't for them.

Donate or don’t, they’ve been honest about what any donations today are for. A lot of the people moaning about this though were only too gleeful to watch, share and boast about the videos of the wee wannabe paramilitary gimps of the GB get embarrassed for all the world to see by those who are now up in court for it. Few quid that you’d spend on a shite coupon in ladbrokes put to good use instead.
Tbh it's not actually clear what the donations are for?

“Legal fees” is just a generic soundbite if there is no context such as; how many have actually been charged and what were their alleged offences?

I thought everyone involved was equally tragic to be fair.

They had a reason to be there and had permission to be there, the GB did not. The GB ambushed them and they defended themselves or do you think they should have stood back and just let the GB attack them?
Spot on . What the hell are the UB meant to do ? They done the right thing and outcome was very pleasing

“Legal fees” is just a generic soundbite if there is no context such as; how many have actually been charged and what were their alleged offences?
You wanting to know their names as well?

It’s for legal fees to help them for whatever legal advice they need. You don’t need more information than that to decide if it’s something you wish to donate to or not

It’s for legal fees to help them for whatever legal advice they need. You don’t need more information than that to decide if it’s something you wish to donate to or not
There are plenty of bears with legal knowledge that can help, and often do. But I doubt they would be more willing if there is going to be a pile on when simply requesting what the basic legal issues are.

Basically being told; “you don’t need to know that, just donate” isn’t exactly helpful is it?

Even something along the lines of “We can’t say at the moment” or simply “ I don’t know” is better than appearing as if you’re randomly heckling even people who are trying to help.

Legal fees for what, stealing sweeties :p :p

No idea, just seen it on my twitter feed. I did notice an increased police presence outside the broomloan stand and also inside

Rare an incident goes by without it being caught on camera.

Would defo help with claims the police not acting appropriately.

Why do people pretend the whole group is made up of children? Really strange
Because the alternative would be to think of adult’s running about putting up stickers, wearing balaclavas and pretending to be ultras which is equally tragic.

To be fair, much of it is tongue in cheek. They sit near me and there are definitely people in their 20’s and there are also people younger.

Because the alternative would be to think of adult’s running about putting up stickers, wearing balaclavas and pretending to be ultras which is equally tragic.

To be fair, much of it is tongue in cheek. They sit near me and there are definitely people in their 20’s and there are also people younger.
The vast majority of them are late 20’s to mid 30’s, with younger guys joining up as they get into that whole scene aswell.

I laughed at you saying they’re pretending to be ultras, I’m assuming that was tongue in cheek because I’m not sure what would give the impression they aren’t

My only qualm with the group is I can’t understand one single word that gets said through that megaphone at the games

Why do people pretend the whole group is made up of children? Really strange
Because they behave like school kids?

If they stuck to singing and banners then very few would have issue, I certainly wouldn’t.
That’s to be applauded.

But all the childish pish that goes with it is starting to overshadow the good .

Because they behave like school kids?

If they stuck to singing and banners then very few would have issue, I certainly wouldn’t.
That’s to be applauded.

But all the childish pish that goes with it is starting to overshadow the good .
Can’t see many people stop backing them because they chased celtic around hampden tbf mate.

The vast majority of them are late 20’s to mid 30’s, with younger guys joining up as they get into that whole scene aswell.

I laughed at you saying they’re pretending to be ultras, I’m assuming that was tongue in cheek because I’m not sure what would give the impression they aren’t

My only qualm with the group is I can’t understand one single word that gets said through that megaphone at the games
For guys in their 20’s and 30’s to behave as they do just seems mental to me. Just my opinion though, everyone has one

What did they do wrong stand up for themselves? This whole forum was saying well done the morning of the game now it’s changed
For many years I was very proud and defensive of the UBs as they were very different to the GB. These days I don’t know think there’s much difference between them. With the clothes they wear I’m not even sure I could tell them apart. Even yesterday and the “atmosphere” they create - they seemed to spend a fair amount of time chanting about the cops. That certainly didn’t generate atmosphere in the Govan Rear.

Why are folk on here acting like it was an organised fight? it was an attempted ambush and they are stood up for themselves and their mates.

How did GB find out they were setting up at 8am on Sunday morning? Someone employed by Celtic obviously has loose lips.

Why are folk on here acting like it was an organised fight? it was an attempted ambush and they are stood up for themselves and their mates.

How did GB find out they were setting up at 8am on Sunday morning? Someone employed by Celtic obviously has loose lips.
the police would also have known who was meant to be there as would those working at Hampden on security.

There’s a reason we’re losing this city to them.

Now I don’t agree with everything they do - infact I think I’m in the minority in thinking I find distributing “time for change” cards a little EPL cringe.

But I really didn’t have any issue with anything I saw at Hampden Park that day. When the mentally challengeds swagger about amok like they own the place…seeing them fleeing like little girls ?

Who the %^*& can object to that ?
the reason we are losing this city isnt due to Ultras .

They have their own kind in every position of power. from FM , judges ,lawyers , journalists , senior police officers are all celtic minded

we need to get smart and put more young bears and bearettes into these positions to change things from the inside .

Interested to know the numbers of UB arrested against the GB considering the difference in numbers between the two on the day.

As for the vilification of the UB on here, you’d think you were on a Celtic forum with some of the takes. The moral superiority and naivety displayed is embarrassing. The guys were arranging a display - at our end. The GB turned up - at our end. They stood up for themselves. Would like to see the reaction on here if they got chased.

Funnily enough, it’s not the first time the GB have turned up while UB are arranging displays. The whole ‘weapons’ fiasco came on the back of that. Any wonder they take the ACAB stance?

For many years I was very proud and defensive of the UBs as they were very different to the GB. These days I don’t know think there’s much difference between them. With the clothes they wear I’m not even sure I could tell them apart. Even yesterday and the “atmosphere” they create - they seemed to spend a fair amount of time chanting about the cops. That certainly didn’t generate atmosphere in the Govan Rear.
There lies a problem with the atmosphere people in the Govan rear expecting a small group to make noise.

Interested to know the numbers of UB arrested against the GB considering the difference in numbers between the two on the day.

As for the vilification of the UB on here, you’d think you were on a Celtic forum with some of the takes. The moral superiority and naivety displayed is embarrassing. The guys were arranging a display - at our end. The GB turned up - at our end. They stood up for themselves. Would like to see the reaction on here if they got chased.

Funnily enough, it’s not the first time the GB have turned up while UB are arranging displays. The whole ‘weapons’ fiasco came on the back of that. Any wonder they take the ACAB stance?
They did it at the wee rangers a few years back as well

That’s twice that mob have tried to ambush the UB , first time at Ibrox the police cancelled the Saturday display

Aye but they’ve said it’s in relation to events at Hampden and made it clear it’s not for tifos etc like it usually is.

Back