MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If your being honest like many of our goals there’s 3/4 points of failure from the lack pressure on the ball to lundstram/yilmaz poor defending to a shot through our keeper
One of the things I was taught as a youngster was not to compound an error, if someone makes a hospital pass to you just clear it off the pitch and reset.
I've lost count of the goals we've lost this season because we just make a series of mistakes.

Yahoo's drop points, we concede an equalizer in the last minute via daftness to avoid capitalizing on it.

I know it's over and I know "it doesn't matter" but it's been an ongoing characteristic of this squad for 4 out of 5 years.

There's a reason this team is getting ripped up.
Absolutely mate could of been 5 points behind which narrows the gap just for confidence end of season results even though it’s over.

Memo to Michael Beale. Sentiment has no fucking part to play in our future. Play to win every game and if you can't do that, ply your trade elsewhere.
Harsh? But true.

With McCrorie in goal I'd be looking to see at least one of their goals saved.

tbf to Kamara, although I'd never pick him again, he did look to improve as the game went on.
Same probably for Alfie.
But what did we learn from that ? Nothing that we didn't already know.

And IF Wright is truly away to another club, wtaf did we bring him on and not somebody else -- you know, somebody who will actually still be at Rangers next year ?

Did Leon King have to go off ? I honestly never saw if he was injured or knackered. Having Lundstram (who'd had a reasonable game so far) do this utility centre half stuff again didn't help us in stopping them scoring.

This was an on-field display of "birthday card p*sh" -- players that shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team squad, never mind starting, or coming on as subs.

"But we have to give them their send off ..."
No.
We don't.
We have to win every game that we feature in.

The gap mattered to me, probably no one else but I encounter a lot of bitter horrible yew tree fc fans . Annoying not to win but at least the scum got skelped once more. Every little helps.

Alfredo will get a decent European team, Kent will be fighting relegation next season and the championship after that
Don't see it. He is not an out and out goalscorer and he has lost that ability to intimidate and bully defenders. Some of his passing put his team in real danger.

Nothing to do with Beale, Who decided to play with one recognised CB for 30 mins at 2-1. Awe aye the manager but hey it doesn't matter if you win I suppose as long as you try eh
Did you watch his interview where he explained why he took King off? We were absolutely fine with one CB for the 30 minutes, Hearts were absolutely nowhere near us. Tav and Jack playing mad loose balls cost us that in the end.

Christ Hearts really did need to win the night. Had no idea they were in danger of missing out on Europe to Hibs lol. How the hell did Hibs manage that?

Hard to get the balance right.
Players leaving so want to give them some respect, I’d personally rather have seen the leavers cone on with 5 minutes left.
Allan’s time is definitely up, it’s comes to us all but it’s definitely time

Harsh? But true.

tbf to Kamara, although I'd never pick him again, he did look to improve as the game went on.
Same probably for Alfie.

And IF Wright is truly away to another club, wtaf did we bring him on and not somebody else -- you know, somebody who will actually still be at Rangers next year ?

Did Leon King have to go off ? I honestly never saw if he was injured or knackered. Having Lundstram (who'd had a reasonable game so far) do this utility centre half stuff again didn't help us in stopping them scoring.

This was an on-field display of "birthday card p*sh" -- players that shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team squad, never mind starting, or coming on as subs.

No.
We don't.
It was another classic example of the Club misreading what the fans what. Stick any notions of mawkish sentimentality up your arse. I want Rangers to win EVERY game. I don't care who we are playing or the competition, I want us to win.

The send off bollox at the end of the match epitomises the acceptance of mediocrity at Rangers, our standards have slipped beyond belief.
I agree with the sentiments about the standards but if people wish to say goodbye no harm done ....should have been more opportunity for youth in second half.....

Regarding standards.....absolutely spot on.....defence is howling and some of these other players should have been chased after Liverpool game and at Xmas.

Did you watch his interview where he explained why he took King off? We were absolutely fine with one CB for the 30 minutes, Hearts were absolutely nowhere near us. Tav and Jack playing mad loose balls cost us that in the end.
Nowhere near us? It was 2-1 not 4-1, Tav and jack were poor and cost us that game but didn't help not having two CBs playing at 2-1

Harsh? But true.

Same probably for Alfie.

No.
We don't.
I think you should be manager next season. Honest I do. Really. I mean wtf cheer up!

What you mean like a year ago when McGregor was saving us right left and centre in Europa or Morelos was rag dolling £25million pound defenders like they were a chew toy? Its not that long ago really.
12 months ago is a long time in football pal.

Did you see McGregor at their first goal?

Sakala has 17 contributions in the league this year, and he’s a squad player at best. Morelos has 16.

We've conceded that exact goal before... Ross County away, Lundstram decides to attempt a ludicrous cross field ball with seconds left... 3-3. Completely meaningless tonight but irritating nonetheless.

Should have been more ruthless, but it was an emotional night.
I can understand your point, but we are breaking up one of the least successful Rangers sides of all time. Even the team of the 80's pre Souness won more trophies.
Yes, they've given us some great moments, but in general failed to deliver. I'm not going to get all emotional for Kamara, Alfie or Kent given their displays in 22/23.
Helander I have sympathy with.

Nowhere near us? It was 2-1 not 4-1, Tav and jack were poor and cost us that game but didn't help not having two CBs playing at 2-1
They were absolutely nowhere near our goal when we had 1 CB until the goal at the end. If it’s a terrible decision and we were struggling why weren’t they bettering down our goal? We were completely fine with 1 CB until the brainfarts at the end.

Plus he took King off because he’s going to need to play 3 games within 9 days and he was struggling after not playing for so long to be thrown into that.

I agree with the sentiments about the standards but if people wish to say goodbye no harm done ....should have been more opportunity for youth in second half.....

Regarding standards.....absolutely spot on.....defence is howling and some of these other players should have been chased after Liverpool game and at Xmas.

No problem with the guys leaving coming onto the pitch at HT and getting an ovation. Why play them at all?

Two diametrically opposed but intrinsically linked things happened at the end there:

1) I completely lost my shit at their equaliser, shouting and swearing and punching the sofa to the extent that the dog got up and scarpered out of the living room with his tail between its legs.

2) I sneered at the over the top celebrations of the Hearts fans and players towards grabbing a point in a meaningless end of season dead rubber.

No, I’m not doing irony today.

Thank f**k this season is almost over.

Seriously Ryan Jack needs a real shake he has done that in the last 3 game’s simply put very poor keep possession game over he makes a poor pass then makes a mess of clearing it
Just back from the game. Tonight was a great send off for the players but the second goal shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody regarding Ryan Jack. He’s slow, he has lost all of his sharpness, is injury prone and will continue to be a hindrance whenever he’s on the field of play.I don’t know how many times this has to happen before some people open their eyes.I loved Jack as a player but he should have been standing with the 5 tonight in front of the union bears as well.

A bit of an emotional night but if nothing else it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the time is right for massive change.

Am I being stupid because I see tav nearly on our goal line playing everyone onside.
Needs to be 2 players playing someone onside. Normally the keeper is one so the last defender is the other, but if the keeper is ahead of the forward in question there needs to be 2 defenders. He's behind the ball so onside in any case.

Yep. Being professional and sharp until the very end is one thing. And yes, getting your ass kicked seconds before the whistle is a downer. But two stupid conceded goal should not be the catalyst to question everything and everyone. The club is aware of the problems, works to correct it next season. So, relax, get another brew and look forward to things to come.

The goal at the end was annoying but it probably summed up this era of Rangers which is now coming to an end. Battered the other team, don’t take our chances and concede from comedy defending and the first chance conceded in the second half.

Thanks for 55, some great European nights and a European final but there needs to be vast improvement. We have in my opinion the best player in the league now to build the team around. I’m looking forward to the fresh faces next season.

Memo to Michael Beale. Sentiment has no fucking part to play in our future. Play to win every game and if you can't do that, ply your trade elsewhere.
This 100%, and stop making stupid substitutions for substitutions sake, a trait very common under Gerard, where MB had a big influence.

Why were people on this caring about their game? Quite miffed at that

Even worse are the gimps at the game checking on it

Absolutely embarrassing tbh

Just in from the game and just had a look at the last two pages to try and guage opinion...that's 10 mins of my life that I'll never get back!
Obviously I want Rangers to win every game we compete in but I feel more sorry that that last second goal kind of took the shine off the evening and the very last thing McGregor had to do in his Rangers career was pick the ball out of the back of the net...he didn't deserve that!
:(

Back