Kieran Wright signs new deal

24 years old with limited experience on loan.

Edit - 63 games across 7 spells. More than I thought. Never held down a regular spot though.

Homegrown emergency back up I guess.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, I’m pretty surprised as I thought he’d be let go with one of the youth keepers bumped up.

Obviously if they go on loan, then we have a homegrown 3rd choice safety net. I actually rated him when he was younger, but McCrorie was always earmarked as the future club number 1.

Last edited:
24 years old with limited experience on loan.

Edit - 63 games across 7 spells. More than I thought. Never held down a regular spot though.

Homegrown emergency back up I guess.
knew he had been around a while but had no idea he was already 24!

We have had (and I assume have) plenty Celtic fans in our academy
Well if any of them are as you have described this lad, then the same applies to them as well.

We want young hungry players desperate to please the management, and force their way into the first team. Definitely not guys who harbour a deep seated hatred for Rangers with a desire to be elsewhere. That's what springs to mind from your description.

The life of a 3rd choice goalkeeper, the most charmed existence in football.

Man City or Chelsea 3rd choice, that’s the dream gig ££££

Well if any of them are as you have described this lad, then the same applies to them as well.

We want young hungry players desperate to please the management, and force their way into the first team. Definitely not guys who harbour a deep seated hatred for Rangers with a desire to be elsewhere. That's what springs to mind from your description.

Never said he had a deep seated hatred for rangers or anything of the sort. Was a stupid thing to post as I wish the lad all the best.

He must have been in our set up for 12-13 years, and as of Saturday, he grew up a Celtic fan, is as committed to our club as anyone you will find

If he had this deep hatred of rangers why would have stayed with us for all this time?

Could Beale have decided to scrap a new goalkeeper and go with McCrorie and Wright as his goalies? Seems very strange to resign a 24 year old if he isn’t going to play at some point

He must have been in our set up for 12-13 years, and as of Saturday, he grew up a Celtic fan, is as committed to our club as anyone you will find
Completely contrary to how he's been described by this other clown. He has him tagged as a right rabid.

No problem with any young guys who genuinely want to make it at Rangers. Zero time for anyone with a hankering for the stad de Gadd.

Never said he had a deep seated hatred for rangers or anything of the sort. Was a stupid thing to post as I wish the lad all the best.
No what you said was "a bigger c****c fan youd be hard pressed to come by"

Well newsflash! all the big c****c fans I've come by have a deep seated, in bred hatred of Rangers. Funny that eh.

How convenient you've actually taken that original statement down so who's being stupid now? If you claim to have inside information but don't want to give the wrong impression be more careful what you post instead of backtracking later.

No what you said was "a bigger c****c fan youd be hard pressed to come by"

Well newsflash! all the big c****c fans I've come by have a deep seated, in bred hatred of Rangers. Funny that eh.

How convenient you've actually taken that original statement down so who's being stupid now? If you claim to have inside information but don't want to give the wrong impression be more careful what you post instead of backtracking later.

Last edited:
Wouldn't trust him between the sticks for the first team if he's a bitter Tim as suggested in previous posts imo
Big man is responsible for some of my favourite nights with my Dad at Ibrox.

Hes certainly not a bitter Tim.

Thistle wanted to keep him as he had done well there on loan.

Never said you were being stupid. I have mutual mates with the guy if u want to call that “ inside information”.

It was a daft and pointless thing to post hence the deletion- don’t like slagging young guys at our club . Glad he’s signed on
Double down mate. Don’t see how anyone can be comfortable with any of them at the club. He is a total rhabid.

Will be shocked if he ever plays a game for us.

Had no idea he's 24. He's not breaking through any time soon.

A cheap home grown emergency back up

As I said in another thread, I’m pretty surprised as I thought he’d be let to go with one of the youth keepers bumped up.

Obviously if they go on loan, then we have a homegrown 3rd choice safety net. I actually rated him when he was younger, but McCrorie was always earmarked as the future club number 1.
The B-team goalkeeper does not look very good at all when I have seen them,
Is he named Budinakis or something like that.

Grew up with his Dad and uncle, Celtic fans but not bitter Tims,I’m sure Liam Kelly’s family are all Tim’s, but he loved putting one over the tramps when he played for us.

Just a wild guess that he is extended as a short term 3rd choice, Scottish back up to McCrorie and whoever we sign as #1. That is then giving Jay Hogarth (20) another season to mature as a keeper. After almost 40 games at Alloa this season, he must be well thought of, but at 20 too big a risk. Probably send him on loan again next season and maybe a league up. No future for JM I would also hope.

A mate of mine knows him well, he’s a Celtic fan but he’s been with us since he was young and as mentioned previously he’s bought into Rangers. Calling him bitter is an exaggeration to say the least.

A mate of mine knows him well, he’s a Celtic fan but he’s been with us since he was young and as mentioned previously he’s bought into Rangers. Calling him bitter is an exaggeration to say the least.
Bought into Rangers?
We are his employers and pay his wages, its his job.

Just a wild guess that he is extended as a short term 3rd choice, Scottish back up to McCrorie and whoever we sign as #1. That is then giving Jay Hogarth (20) another season to mature as a keeper. After almost 40 games at Alloa this season, he must be well thought of, but at 20 too big a risk. Probably send him on loan again next season and maybe a league up. No future for JM I would also hope.
Too big a risk at 20 ? This is why Scottish football is fucked

Will be shocked if he ever plays a game for us.

Had no idea he's 24. He's not breaking through any time soon.

A cheap home grown emergency back up

Breaking News, anything can happen in fitbaw.

If ye huvnae learned that by noo then you'll never learn.

I’ve played professional sport. Once you are paid to play, all allegiances are off the table. To say that he would be thinking “I’ll let this in as I’m a Celtic fan” while playing for Rangers is just utter nonsense.
As Aberdeen, Scumdee Utd have all done over the years. They’ve went hammer and tongs against the bheast the same way they do against us?

Professional sportsman that you are/were does not give you unequivocal rights that your opinion trumps all others.

Scottish footballers are littered with bheast lovers who don’t have the intelligence to realise if they perform to the best of their ability no matter the opposition, they have a better chance of getting signed by a better team for a better wage and so on.

But as long as their ‘sellick’ are winning.

As Aberdeen, Scumdee Utd have all done over the years. They’ve went hammer and tongs against the bheast the same way they do against us?

Professional sportsman that you are/were does not give you unequivocal rights that your opinion trumps all others.

Scottish footballers are littered with bheast lovers who don’t have the intelligence to realise if they perform to the best of their ability no matter the opposition, they have a better chance of getting signed by a better team for a better wage and so on.

But as long as their ‘sellick’ are winning.
You sound as bad and paranoid as them and I’m not saying that my opinion trumps anyone’s or is unequivocally correct, what I am saying is that to suggest that a purported fan of another club would give anything less than 100% while playing for us is wide of the mark. It simply wouldn’t give them any credibility with a future employer/ club.

We’ve had plenty of supposed Celtic-minded players come to us, most notably Neil McCann and Scott Arfield… can you say either of those two weren’t giving 100% for the badge?! Players like O’Halloran were never, ever of the quality we needed, which is a different matter entirely.

Agree, it does always look like the sheep and Dundee Hibs give more against us than them but I think in recent years, we’ve not been willing to match them in the battle at times in truth.

I’ve had first hand experience of playing against my childhood club as well as for them and I can guarantee you, that I was as determined to do as well against them as any other team and when playing for them, was just as desperate to do well. That is just how it is.

I appreciate fans, of which I am one, want to see our own club as the number one thing in the world but as players at professional level, it doesn’t quite work like that. Even ‘our own’ like Barry Ferguson, Alan Hutton etc moved on if better opportunities present themselves. That’s just how it is.

Back