Tillman signing rumours

Beale said the phonecall with Bayern was taking place on Monday, no noise around it which makes me think he’s decided against a move. That along with removing himself off the players instagram page doesnt look likely

Beale said the phonecall with Bayern was taking place on Monday, no noise around it which makes me think he’s decided against a move. That along with removing himself off the players instagram page doesnt look likely
I said on a previous page that if Tillman had said "no" then Beale would've told us.

The fact that we don't know either way, I'm taking as good news (for now)

I said on a previous page that if Tillman had said "no" then Beale would've told us.

The fact that we don't know either way, I'm taking as good news (for now)
I don't know Beale tells us what we want to hear at times and the players he's admitted as much.

I'd say Beale has got more street wise but I like the openness more.

Last edited:
It's gone awfully quiet around the prospect of Tillman re-signing. Does anyone have any idea whether our £5m purchase option is meant to last the whole transfer window or will it likely expire on a certain date? I don't know how this stuff tends to work.

I'd love to bring him back, even if we only got a season out fo him, he'll easily be worth £10m+ by next summer.

That’s because he’s not signing.

I think the way things are going it’s looking like the majority of our budget will be spent on 2 strikers/attackers with Dessers being one. We’ll likely spend a few quid on a CB (it’s looking like Trusty for around £2m) and that will be the entirety of our spending.

Can totally understand why we wouldn’t be able to spend £5m on Tillman given the other positions are much higher priority.

The only way I could see a deal being done for Tillman is if we qualify for the CL and revisit it at the end of the transfer window.

Reactions: TQ3
It's gone awfully quiet around the prospect of Tillman re-signing. Does anyone have any idea whether our £5m purchase option is meant to last the whole transfer window or will it likely expire on a certain date? I don't know how this stuff tends to work.

I'd love to bring him back, even if we only got a season out fo him, he'll easily be worth £10m+ by next summer.
It’s a good question, it will have an expiry date but I’m guessing it won’t be an end of window exclusivity option, more likely end of July?

Total guess.

He is a very talented young player who I'd like to see signing for us,but if he isn't 100 percent up for the move I'd pass,we don't need players only coming here if he can't get a move he really wants...
He is recovering from an injury and as Bayern are his club he is recovering back home. It may happen or it maybe won't. Maybe we need to wait until the window actually opens

Id imagine its because Bayern dont have a DoF just now.

The changes at Bayern may have put everything on hold, Tillman is in limbo

630dca36723214b4ce95bd0b25221d9e.gif

It’s a good question, it will have an expiry date but I’m guessing it won’t be an end of window exclusivity option, more likely end of July?

Total guess.
That would make sense. Can't see Bayern writing a clause that only allowed us the option to sign him in this window.

He'd be a good addition but we seem to have a lot of attacking midfielders now, unless Hagi is to be sold. I'd rather we used the potential £5m on strengthening up front

It appears he’s not desperate to re-sign and is understandably seeing what other options are available.

I wonder if we have our a self-imposed deadline, though. We can’t spend the Summer wondering if it’ll happen.

It appears he’s not desperate to re-sign and is understandably seeing what other options are available.

I wonder if we have our a self-imposed deadline, though. We can’t spend the Summer wondering if it’ll happen.
I'm pretty happy about this if true , can get 2 players for that fee

I think the way things are going it’s looking like the majority of our budget will be spent on 2 strikers/attackers with Dessers being one. We’ll likely spend a few quid on a CB (it’s looking like Trusty for around £2m) and that will be the entirety of our spending.

Can totally understand why we wouldn’t be able to spend £5m on Tillman given the other positions are much higher priority.

The only way I could see a deal being done for Tillman is if we qualify for the CL and revisit it at the end of the transfer window.
I reckon we could fund Tillman's signing from the sale of the likes of Kamara and Hagi.
The question remains though- does he want to come her and play? If then we move on assuming we haven't already done so.

All pure speculation just now as we can’t actually sign anyone for a fee until the window officially opens. Maybe then we will find out who is signing :)

It's still true though.
The guys still young playing his first year in mens professional football.

Older wiser players have done the same thing and the fact folk can’t understand not all players are just born able to handle that kind of environment is wild. It takes time and experience.

Kris Boyd wasn’t able to his full career :))

We need to use whatever budget we have fixing the striking department. Then whatever is left sign Tillman assuming he wants to come.

Sakala wildly inconsistent. Colak, not sure he’s capable of leading the line. Roofe, permanently fucked.

I would take him however at the same time I'm not convinced he is the guy who makes the difference.

Miles behind cantwell or Lawrence if he comes back at the same level

Always find it really odd how hung up fans get on budget and how money that isn't theirs should or shouldn't be spent

If we chucked 5 million at Tilman you would assume the club would be doing so feeling pretty comfortable with their budget to spend on other areas.

If he has any doubt then I’d rather he stayed where he is tbh.

Rather have a committed and hungry player at the club or it will just be Kent/Morelos again.

He is recovering from an injury and as Bayern are his club he is recovering back home. It may happen or it maybe won't. Maybe we need to wait until the window actually opens
Maybe so,but I thought we had an agreement to sign him after his loan period, could be something to do with his injury and his recovery, but the feedback is that it's Tillman himself that is stalling on the deal. He is a talented player who will only get better and I'd love him to commit to the club,but only if his heart is in it.

He's injured, they have a new manager. The deal might just be moving at a slower pace as neither Tillman nor Bayern really know what their plans for them are.

I would take him. Get the price to £3m-4m and remove the buy back clause if possible though.

He's an extremely talented footballer, lacking in experience and polish perhaps. We need a squad filled with talent to win the league and have a good run in Europe and Tillman definitely meets that criteria.

Absolute mince. 3 or 4 games a season are NOT the benchmark of a player.

Rightly or wrongly, performances in OF games have always been the key benchmark for an OF player.

Even when I was laddie I can remember the question being asked on both sides, ‘Aye, but can he do it against them?’.

I’m not making a comment on Tillman here, as I would sign him in a heartbeat by the way.

It’s just the case that these games, and Europe now to a larger degree, are the games that invariably matter most.

I struggle to understand why people are against signing Tillman. We are looking for goals from our midfield and attacking midfield positions and he gives us this. And he was able to do this in his first proper season as a professional footballer.

In 22/23 season:
Tillman scored or assisted every 155 mins

For context in 22/23 season:
Cantwell scored or assisted every 226 mins
Cifuentes scored or assisted every 252 mins
De Bruyne scored or assisted every 98 mins
Odegaard scored or assisted every 176 mins

Back