Alex Lowry in training

Lowry was in Dubai training with Tav and some others during the World Cup break.

He was in Dubai again last week working with the same guy, and has been working with the guy in Ultimate Soccer just off the M8 since he got back along with Jamie Barjonas

last Season wasted through injury and laziness if the rumours are true, needs a good pre season and be ready to be selected.

He reminds me so much of Bobby Russell, I don’t know if it’s his hairstyle, his style of running or his style of play, but to me that’s a good thing.
I would love to see him make a mark this season, he has had small tastes, but now he has to go for broke. This has to be his break through in to the first team, and to be fair to Beale, I think he believes he can blood a few into the bigger squad, so fingers crossed he stays clear of injuries, and pushes himself into the first 11.

Were he and Tav not out there last Summer? Tav definitely was but can't recall if it was Lowry who was also there.
I can't remember Lowry doing it last year but I was wondering if he was doing the same programme as Tav did last summer. Glad to see him using the time well, especially as he missed so much football last season.

Hes training at soccer world off the M8
Yes, Ultimate Soccer run by George Paterson. Think George is assistant to Sandy Clark wherever he is just now. A good setup he has and has constant pros working there inbetween the season.

Lowry is constantly written off but the youngster has bags of natural ability.

His final bit of decision-making needs worked on and I think he needs to bulk up a bit too so he can mix up but that can be worked on easily especially with age.

I think we should stick with him.

A loan wouldn't excite me, either, especially not to someone in Scotland. I could maybe get on board if there was an ambitious team maybe in Holland or something who's ethos is in line with what Beale is trying to do at Rangers.

This season is make or break for lowry imo, a hope he gets a chance and takes it

Yes, Ultimate Soccer run by George Paterson. Think George is assistant to Sandy Clark wherever he is just now. A good setup he has and has constant pros working there inbetween the season.
Clark was at Albion Rovers at the tail end of last season.

If he gets his body built up a bit and his match fitness to a very high level, his confidence will follow. Nature has provided the rest. It’s up to him.

They were only rumours, repeating them every time there is a thread on AL just perpetuates it.

We know for a fact he had a difficult season last year, we don’t need rumours for that.
Well he ended the season on a high, he shoulda been flying at the start of last season, why wasn't he ? If the rumours weren't true?

Seems to be working hard already in some sort of training camp abroad.

Massive season for the boy, let's hope its his season.
Good to hear that. A genuine first team ready, home grown player would be fantastic. As you say, massive season for him.

He needs to have a positive and selfish attitude this season.
If he doesn’t make it with Rangers he needs to be up to speed if a potential move, or loan deal arises.
No point in feeling sorry for himself the lad has to look after number one.

With the players we are linked with...game time will be limited.
Loan move to a decent level team would be best.
Then let's see if he can kick on.

He’s back in Scotland.

Unlike a year ago when he went on 3 weeks of holidays and came back out of shape it looks like he’s taking things a lot more seriously this year.
Fantastic to see. He has all the ability to be a success, if he has the work ethic and correct attitude, there should be no stopping him.

You’d think the Auchenhowie gym and facilities would be open 365 for our first team squad.

Back