Another attack on the club/fans MOH in sectarian abuse scandal.

The evening times reporting after his very public visit to a Catholic Church there were loads of sectarian abuse.

I really think this is now clear what’s going on but I did find it very strange that he was so willing to go very public in his visit.
Why would he have to hide it?, he’s not the one with the problem here, I’m not religious, in fact I think all religions are cults for the feeble minded, but that’s my opinion, If someone else wants to be a Proddy, an RC, a Muslim, a Jew, a seikh or a muppet, it’s their business, the half heads who throw abuse at someone because of which particular Church they choose to visit are the ones with the problem.

Another concerted effort across SMSM to discredit Rangers and our supporters

3 negative stories in 2 days is no coincidence

Also hinting Lennons actions were a result of sectarian abuse but failing to mention the Hivs H.un Scum banner

Traynor needs to up his game or be replaced

Why would he have to hide it?, he’s not the one with the problem here, I’m not religious, in fact I think all religions are cults for the feeble minded, but that’s my opinion, If someone else wants to be a Proddy, an RC, a Muslim, a Jew, a seikh or a muppet, it’s their business, the half heads who throw abuse at someone because of which particular Church they choose to visit are the ones with the problem.

Not saying he should hide but let’s be honest he isn’t daft he knew what reaction it would most likely get from some.

I personally have no problem with it or anyone’s religion but the old phrase know your audience comes to mind.

Another concerted effort across SMSM to discredit Rangers and our supporters

3 negative stories in 2 days is no coincidence

Also hinting Lennons actions were a result of sectarian abuse but failing to mention the Hivs H.un Scum banner

Traynor needs to up his game or be replaced

This one is only a negative due to the moron who replied to the RC church facebook page posting it.

Wow, talk about a coordinated assault. What’s that, three negative stories and counting since the SG announcement? I think they know a light is about to be shone on TGFITW and the tinpot administrators of our game. Solution - throw as much shite as possible at Rangers to try and set the agenda - us bad, Timmy good. We need an aggressive, experienced, respected PR guy as much as we need a centre half right now.

That goes without saying, he is crap!

However it would be silly not to deny a few of our own were dead against his signing from the start based on his Celtic connections.
more or less why we are moaning now ... its the church/religion is and always will be Celtic affiliated

Yet another own goal by our social media whoppers. What could they possibly hope to achieve by abusing him in that way for all the online world to see?

two probably children abusing him online and that's a story! the tramps have abused Bitton many times due to him being from Isreal but this is never as a big a story for our media as this appears to be for them..wonder why eh!

Wow, talk about a coordinated assault. What’s that, three negative stories and counting since the SG announcement? I think they know a light is about to be shone on TGFITW and the tinpot administrators of our game. Solution - throw as much shite as possible at Rangers to try and set the agenda - us bad, Timmy good. We need an aggressive, experienced, respected PR guy as much as we need a centre half right now.

Yes, I think our previous PR attempts aren't going to cut with the new worldwide exposure we have. We need to step it up a level and get a company that will protect the brand in a professional, no nonsense manner.

Also, what is this pic that is being spoken about? Surely he hasn't posted a pic of himself going to chapel?

Oh FFS man. :eek::D Are you serious?

Yes he wants out and no one will take on his salary so this way he gets a pay off?

As I said that’s the cynic in me talking the reality is his priest put him on the spot and they can’t seem to say no to these people.

Would you not agree he would know it would cause a stooshie with some of our fans?

Well said.

Yes, I think our previous PR attempts aren't going to cut with the new worldwide exposure we have. We need to step it up a level and get a company that will protect the brand in a professional, no nonsense manner.

Also, what is this pic that is being spoken about? Surely he hasn't posted a pic of himself going to chapel?

I had to google it to see if it's true. It is and I am not posting it.

Utter attention seeking.

I seen the pic and never really gave it much thought. It’s well known he is RC and I can’t honestly say anything be seen/heard any abuse directed at him because of it, not now not since he signed.

His attitude/footballing ability is another matter right enough. Seen plenty get stuck into him for that. And in fairness a few on here weren’t happy that his family are Celtic fans. Don’t really see the problem with that either though.

Do the Evening Times have any evidence of this ‘loads of abuse’ out of interest? Other than 3 or 4 fucktards on social media I mean?

Surely you can see it is those who reacted that have the problem. We have some way to go to rid ourselves if this shite. Lawell will be coming in his pants. Our fans helping him out yet again. There is no limit to human stupidity.

scum fans have been abusing Nir Bitton since he signed for them all because he is from Isreal but there is never the same amount of fuss made. Ask yourself why this is..

Yet another own goal by our social media whoppers. What could they possibly hope to achieve by abusing him in that way for all the online world to see?
Is it our social media whoppers or a fake account by tims causing us grief? A mixture of both probably. Still sad that a players life away from the pitch is an issue as long as he’s not doing something that affects his performance for our club.

14_B89_C08_28_B4_4_F81_BC6_F_FBEB995_CD31_E.jpg

Was in the Evening Times- he did a talk for youngsters in a church.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...ael_O___Halloran_after_Catholic_church_visit/

7793920.jpg

In this day and age, when the vast majority are agnostic or atheist, I couldn't care less if he goes to Chapel, or Synagogue, or a Buddhist temple. However, he must be aware that there are sections within our support that subscribe to our Protestant traditions. Why would you deliberately allow yourself to be used as propaganda (see Ozil and Gundagon with the Turkish president) knowing that it will antagonise sections of the support base? He knows fine well what he is doing and that is trying to get a pay off from the club, as no-one in Scotland will meet his astronomical wage demands, for the level of quality that he provides.

That goes without saying, he is crap!

However it would be silly not to deny a few of our own were dead against his signing from the start based on his Celtic connections.

Not without justification.

His heart has never been in it.
Yet another signing that has turned sour.

The abuse is not acceptable, and it reads like teenage nonsense. One can only hope his public reconnection with God can make him as motivated and dedicated to be a professional footballer for Rangers. I’ve seen stakes in the ground offer more than MOH on a football pitch, in fact I expect the priest next to him in the picture could offer more as number 9 for Rangers than Michael O’Halloran.

Up your game son and do it on the pitch.

This problem is easily turned on it’s head with a football related charitable donation to the church for the schoolchildren he’s spoken to and if anyone’s heard MOH speak then those poor children were probably bored to tears.

Maybe Michael can sort them out with some tickets to a Rangers game next year via the club or donate some football gear. Invite the father as well. Deck them out in Rangers scarves and hats and let’s see them cheer on the Rangers with Michael in the stand.

Last edited:
Religion is just a convenient vehicle that masks the real cause of division .

Tribalism is the root cause ,the Catholic cult is much like any other religion to me , up there with unicorns , ghosts and goblins.

That said ,abusing him for his choice, if true, is pretty crass.

Couldnt have put it better myself Imager.

The abuse is not acceptable, and it reads like teenage nonsense. One can only hope his public reconnection with God can make him as motivated and dedicated to be a professional footballer for Rangers. I’ve seen stakes in the ground offer more than MOH on a football pitch, in fact I expect the priest next to him in the picture could offer more as number 9 for Rangers than the Michael O’Halloran.

Up your game son and do it on the pitch.

This problem is easily turned on it’s head with a football related charitable donation to the church for the schoolchildren he’s spoken to and if anyone’s heard MOH speak then those poor children were probably bored to tears.

Maybe Michael can sort them out with some tickets to a Rangers game next year via the club or donate some football gear. Invite the father as well. Deck them out in Rangers scarves and hats and let’s see them cheer on the Rangers with Michael in the stand.
Great post- and great suggestion for taking it forward.

Yes he wants out and no one will take on his salary so this way he gets a pay off?

As I said that’s the cynic in me talking the reality is his priest put him on the spot and they can’t seem to say no to these people.

Would you not agree he would know it would cause a stooshie with some of our fans?

I think it's far fetched to be honest.

Going by the ET: He is a Catholic who was invited to attend a Catholic church to do a talk, they were obviously pleased with it and (like everyone else) wanted to share on social media. That's it.....no convoluted and intricate plan by MOH or the church.

He likely did, but what's your point? Do you think he should actively hide his religious beliefs?
(I'm genuinely interested in your response to this)

Btw, I'm not religious at all and it should be kept out of football, all the blessing and praying to Allah just seems odd to me, but some players feel it inspires them. What MOH done has nothing to do with football though.

A players religion or even the club he supports has no bearing and should have no bearing on if he signs and plays well for us.
We’ve had many catholic players who done fantastically well & we have had players like McCann do some fantastic things with us.

People who want to continue this debate are consigned to the dark ages and can’t be argued or reasoned with.

What can I say?
I attend games, notice when people do these things & I don’t lie about the fact it happened.
Many seem to want to paint our fans as saints. There’s many who are, however like any club there’s a moronic element of our support.
Many Rangers fans who go week in week out following the team have never heard this widespread abuse.

You on the other hand have witnessed it 3 times.

Seems very suspect Mr88.

Back