Brown Brogues - Between the Lines

Traynor is still involved with the club though ain't he, not sure what his current role is mind you since Chace PR took over.

Yeah it is all very odd. I asked the question a while ago after Level 5's website stated Stevie Kerr's was the former Press Officer at Rangers. But never got anywhere with the query.

First point on Liewell's transfer policy states that the German CH signed in the summer. He singed in the winter window.

Suggested Rogic (for me on of their few class players) not interested in signing and for the off. Just signed 5 year deal.

OP needs a research assistant. :p

First point on Liewell's transfer policy states that the German CH signed in the summer. He singed in the winter window.

Suggested Rogic (for me on of their few class players) not interested in signing and for the off. Just signed 5 year deal.

OP needs a research assistant. :p

Error on Compper signing in winter window the point stands they have poorly recruited. Oh aye I knew what was going on the Celtic Board room up until today Rogic had walked away from talks with Southampton apparently sniffing. But if that is what you took from my whole post then your not very bright and simply trolling. Almost the type of deflected response I would expect from our unwashed neighbours.

what chance have you got at tackling the dark side when our own fans would prefer to nit pick on their own while highlighting their PR tactics.

Error on Compper signing in winter window the point stands they have poorly recruited. Oh aye I knew what was going on the Celtic Board room up until today Rogic had walked away from talks with Southampton apparently sniffing. But if that is what you took from my whole post then your not very bright and simply trolling. Almost the type of deflected response I would expect from our unwashed neighbours.

what chance have you got at tackling the dark side when our own fans would prefer to nit pick on their own while highlighting their PR tactics.
Ffs chill. Did you miss the emoji joke. Hardly a "deflected response".
The first rule of PR is to keep your cool.:rolleyes:

Many of you who know me on here, or before from twitter will know I have spent over 20 years in Marketing and Public Relations. As such you learn tricks of trade, ways to divert from other issues going on etc. So I have started this new thread called “Between the Lines” in which I will point out things you may have missed, second meanings in what people may be saying as well as attempting to dispel any myths from the Press or Bloggers. So thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the first entry.

Part 1. Sneaky Pete

Mr Liewell plays the PR game very well. It certainly has not gone un-noticed that Celtics last two transfer windows haven’t really worked out well, and there is no sign of the Champions League war chest. Last Summer they recruited a second tier German CB, who if he was Glaswegian would have great grand weans by now. Marvin Compper is truly turning in to Celtic’s Prodan. In January they bought a kid from St Mirren to loan them back, Charly Musonda who never got many minutes, and to Chelsea’s annoyance, so much so Chelsea cancelled the £2M loan deal and have told Celtic not to bother asking again for another player on loan. They also added a young Centre Back from Dundee, and one of their Keepers on loan. Congratulations on Celtic losing Chelsea with one of the largest available selection of Development players available, as well as Liverpool who are firmly in Camp Gerrard.

Not that I really care what they do, but here is the observation:

Every time Celtic do not intend on spending money, a story comes out about Dembele or Tierney going for mega bucks to a big Club. Nothing ever materialises, but Celtic get to make out the biggest bit of the business they have done in the window is held on to one of these two. Yesterday it was Tierney to Atletico, Today it is “Tierney I am flattered but I will be at Celtic for life” Yawn!. Celtic fans suddenly forget their Board are short changing them but yell “Tierney for life” and the dumb are happy.

In summary if you follow the current trend, the same PR is being used for intended lack of spend this summer, as it has when we outspent them last Summer when the Dembele £60M Stories were on the go, and January when we were hearing of Tierney to Arsenal.

Part 2. Scouse House

Mark Allen made comments at the McGregor announcement yesterday, which are being quoted in some papers today Allen claims meticulous planning means some business may not be concluded until the transfer window closes August 31. I then wish to take you back to a recent Gerrard interview in Dubai, in which Gerrard said “I asked certain things of Liverpool, which gave me the confidence to take on this job”. Now Gerrard may be referring alone to the Coaching Team he is bringing with him. Reading between the lines, could Allen’s comments be referring to having to wait until a certain German gentleman has done his business in the window before Stevie G gets what he wants? Could we see the like of Solanke and/or Ings join on loan at the end of the window? We shall see.

Excellent stuff BB, i'm already looking forward to more posts

Re the meticulous planning. I think this meticulous planning started a long time ago, and that's why the season was pretty much written off so quickly.

Can't wait til the new season begins. Have a really good feeling.

A complete hatchet job to detract from the big story which was Torbett back in Court.

The big give away was for Daly to mention in the story that Neely had abused at Hibs before joining Rangers, but failed to state again what he did on his original documentary, that Hibs sacked him but did not call the police and covered up the issue, Rangers therefore received no warning of what they were letting in the door. The allegations are unfounded from a mystery man. The Police confirming last night there is no active investigation in to Neely committing crimes at Rangers really reaffirms that Daly is not fact checking before putting out damaging content.

Why would he, if his remit was simply to put out damaging content?

Just another thing to add for today. I understand from Gerrard's time at BT Sports he had a very good relationship with top brass at BT Sport. Mr Sutton may wish to tred carefully next season.

Noticed that when Sutton was on with Hartson and a few others he was talking up SG appointment whereas Hartson was playing it down. cue 48 hours previous to SG and Sutton was slagging it off. Just wonder if what you say really does hold weight and is correct hence the change in attitude.

Celtic got on the fake news bus before we did. After Title stripping was taken off the table they have become militant with their fake news. With Liewell giving back channel information to CQN etc. Let's not leave it to the Club, let us debunk the fantasy as soon as they put it out for the world to see, then let's mock it, and play them at their own game.
The good news is that when all the fake newspapers crumble eventually because we refuse to buy them they will realise the reason it failed and all their employees lost their jobs was because they jumped into bed with the piggy eyed Devil so Hell mend them . Meanwhile the the good ship HMS Gerrard sails towards a bright and sunny future ......WATP :D .

If this is true do you think it’d be worthwhile writing a letter to BBC (probably have to go to heads rather than Scotland) stating that Fulton is using her position to divert attention from Torbett to protect her father?

Would they entertain it? If so you’d imagine she’d have to focus more on Torbett rather than trying to deflect.

Great OP, we have to become more PR savvy, the key battle is on the park but the way they control the narrative gives them a huge advantage.

One point I would disagree with, which pains me to say, I don’t think their board are shortchanging them. I think they were under Delia but they’ve dominated completely domestically since we’ve got back to top flight. They’ve brought in a top coach (again painful) and they’re looking at things like hotel etc to further stretch long term advantage.

It’s difficult, as we’re still firefighting to a degree, but we must look to future as well as focusing on first team and 55.
If this new season is a success and SG becomes the main man putting Rangers & Liverpool in the National News then I would like to think the investors will be knocking on the door and we start getting excited about what's going happen regards change for the future around Ibrox and they can ram what's happening in the East end where the sun don't shine !

Many of you who know me on here, or before from twitter will know I have spent over 20 years in Marketing and Public Relations. As such you learn tricks of trade, ways to divert from other issues going on etc. So I have started this new thread called “Between the Lines” in which I will point out things you may have missed, second meanings in what people may be saying as well as attempting to dispel any myths from the Press or Bloggers. So thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the first entry.

Part 1. Sneaky Pete

Mr Liewell plays the PR game very well. It certainly has not gone un-noticed that Celtics last two transfer windows haven’t really worked out well, and there is no sign of the Champions League war chest. Last Summer they recruited a second tier German CB, who if he was Glaswegian would have great grand weans by now. Marvin Compper is truly turning in to Celtic’s Prodan. In January they bought a kid from St Mirren to loan them back, Charly Musonda who never got many minutes, and to Chelsea’s annoyance, so much so Chelsea cancelled the £2M loan deal and have told Celtic not to bother asking again for another player on loan. They also added a young Centre Back from Dundee, and one of their Keepers on loan. Congratulations on Celtic losing Chelsea with one of the largest available selection of Development players available, as well as Liverpool who are firmly in Camp Gerrard.

Not that I really care what they do, but here is the observation:

Every time Celtic do not intend on spending money, a story comes out about Dembele or Tierney going for mega bucks to a big Club. Nothing ever materialises, but Celtic get to make out the biggest bit of the business they have done in the window is held on to one of these two. Yesterday it was Tierney to Atletico, Today it is “Tierney I am flattered but I will be at Celtic for life” Yawn!. Celtic fans suddenly forget their Board are short changing them but yell “Tierney for life” and the dumb are happy.

In summary if you follow the current trend, the same PR is being used for intended lack of spend this summer, as it has when we outspent them last Summer when the Dembele £60M Stories were on the go, and January when we were hearing of Tierney to Arsenal.

Part 2. Scouse House

Mark Allen made comments at the McGregor announcement yesterday, which are being quoted in some papers today Allen claims meticulous planning means some business may not be concluded until the transfer window closes August 31. I then wish to take you back to a recent Gerrard interview in Dubai, in which Gerrard said “I asked certain things of Liverpool, which gave me the confidence to take on this job”. Now Gerrard may be referring alone to the Coaching Team he is bringing with him. Reading between the lines, could Allen’s comments be referring to having to wait until a certain German gentleman has done his business in the window before Stevie G gets what he wants? Could we see the like of Solanke and/or Ings join on loan at the end of the window? We shall see.
I have 30 years plus experience and you are spot on.
I do laugh at some of the nonsense from across the city.
However we are far from the best in the world.
I have never seen anything resembling what I would term a coherent strategy.
And the apparent dignified silence is in my view a lack of ability to respond in anything resembling an appropriate manner and has never been a strategy.
It should not be beyond the wit of man for there to be an obvious strategy.
And certainly when it comes to dealing with the mainstream media I find it impossible to understand why the club has not taken legal action on at least one occasion in order to show that it will not tolerate the reporting of mistruths and inaccuracies.
It would be well worth a few thousand pounds spent on lawyers fees to put one of those Muppets properly in their place and secure some damages.
Such an action would put the frighteners on the rest of them that the club would be prepared to go after them individually if they stepped too far out of line.

Debunked*** Skrtel £4M GBP offer

Many questioned why we would be paying near £4M GBP for a 33 Year old CB with a year left on his current deal.

That is because the Red Top Rags are wrong again. I believe the interest to be genuine and that our opening to verbal negotiations was 4M Turkish Lira around £662,000 marker, and believe Fernabache want nearer the £1M, now whether this is followed up with a formal offer, it does look like a deal may well be done.

Don't buy it, don't share it, don't click it.

Last edited:
I have 30 years plus experience and you are spot on.
I do laugh at some of the nonsense from across the city.
However we are far from the best in the world.
I have never seen anything resembling what I would term a coherent strategy.
And the apparent dignified silence is in my view a lack of ability to respond in anything resembling an appropriate manner and has never been a strategy.
It should not be beyond the wit of man for there to be an obvious strategy.
And certainly when it comes to dealing with the mainstream media I find it impossible to understand why the club has not taken legal action on at least one occasion in order to show that it will not tolerate the reporting of mistruths and inaccuracies.
It would be well worth a few thousand pounds spent on lawyers fees to put one of those Muppets properly in their place and secure some damages.
Such an action would put the frighteners on the rest of them that the club would be prepared to go after them individually if they stepped too far out of line.
I often think we should have legal representation and take quite a few to task regards the continuing abuse and bad publicity regards RFC . When the mhanks had McBride acting for them continuously they were always coming out on top so I often wonder who is steering the ship for them nowadays because they still get away with murder in this present climate . It would be a giant step forward if we had someone of McBride's calibre looking after the Club's interests regards bad publicity and lies from the media , but who will be the knight in shining armour to take us forward ?

Debunked*** Skrtel £4M GBP offer

Many questioned why we would be paying near £4M GBP for a 33 Year old CB with a year left on his current deal.

That is because the Red Top Rags are wrong again. I believe the interest to be genuine and that our opening to verbal negotiations was 4M Turkish Lira around £662,000 marker, and believe Fernabache want nearer the £1M, now whether this is followed up with a formal offer, it does look like a deal may well be done.

Don't buy it, don't share it, don't click it.

I think they pluck their numbers out of Football Manager. And occasionally a random number generator.

I often think we should have legal representation and take quite a few to task regards the continuing abuse and bad publicity regards RFC . When the mhanks had McBride acting for them continuously they were always coming out on top so I often wonder who is steering the ship for them nowadays because they still get away with murder in this present climate . It would be a giant step forward if we had someone of McBride's calibre looking after the Club's interests regards bad publicity and lies from the media , but who will be the knight in shining armour to take us forward ?

Have said similar for a few years now.Would happily chip in #100 or so if I thought it would go towards employing the right person and that it would make a real difference in making it an even playing field.Surely to *%ck if we can come up with this suggestion it must be pretty obvious to the club as well.Like most, heart sick of the constant abuse we receive from other fans, neighbours and all and sundry in the media.

I see improvement, an actual conscious effort both on twitter and the Statements. I can only hope it continues to improve. I had noticed some work is has been going to Stevie Kerr's new Company, Stevie is former Level 5 and formerly Rangers press officer. That may explain the change of tone as Stevie is back on it rather than Traynor.

Anyone watching Rangers this season has seen some refereeing that is so bad it has to be agenda driven. I've a lot of experience is sales and sales management none in PR so this may well be a 'stupid' suggestion.

Could the club not hold a press conference 24 hours after every game and highlight the refereeing 'inconsistencies' in the just played game and ask questions of the referee? Surely that puts the heat back on the SFA and their 'impartial' officials. Saying and doing nothing is not the answer - look at the recent Hiv's game!

I like the part of how Lawwell has his way. they know how to brush over some absolute howling signings.

Here is a list of signings under Rodgers, there's an argument that Rodgers is a very good coach, but he couldn't pick a player out a line up.

(note Dembele was signed pre Rodgers)

Gamboa -flop
Sinclair - started well, faded big time this season, wants out
Toure - miss
de Vries - flop
Roberts - flop, spent the season in the hospital
Kouassi - flop
Benyu - flop
Ntcham - hit
Hayes - flop
Edouard - hit
Hendry - ?
Compper - flop
Musonda - flop

Now that on the whole is a waste of cash. Yet they've got by, with Rodgers tactically being spot on.

You have to wonder how many cuts of how many brown envelopes Rodgers got through all of that.

I like the part of how Lawwell has his way. they know how to brush over some absolute howling signings.

Here is a list of signings under Rodgers, there's an argument that Rodgers is a very good coach, but he couldn't pick a player out a line up.

(note Dembele was signed pre Rodgers)

Gamboa -flop
Sinclair - started well, faded big time this season, wants out
Toure - miss
de Vries - flop
Roberts - flop, spent the season in the hospital
Kouassi - flop
Benyu - flop
Ntcham - hit
Hayes - flop
Edouard - hit
Hendry - ?
Compper - flop
Musonda - flop

Now that on the whole is a waste of cash. Yet they've got by, with Rodgers tactically being spot on.

I suppose that's what happens when you get your head of recruitment from Sunderland.

Just to emphasise the OP's point ,Rogic signing a five year deal was lauded on various media outlets yesterday .The byline that it was akin to signing a £10M player went unchallenged and was obviously put out by them .A serious of tramps called in to gush how made up they were, backing the party line .

Just to emphasise the OP's point ,Rogic signing a five year deal was lauded on various media outlets yesterday .The byline that it was akin to signing a £10M player went unchallenged and was obviously put out by them .A serious of tramps called in to gush how made up they were, backing the party line .

Some vindivation of the OP's article.

Yes mate. Now Cue Sutton playing the Celtic PLC propaganda by trying to convince their fans it is their best bit of business in the summer while spending little else.

Yes mate. Now Cue Sutton playing the Celtic PLC propaganda by trying to convince their fans it is their best bit of business in the summer while spending little else.

Absolutely spot on mate, pea brain will be bigging this up and the unwashed will be pissing their pants in agreement as per usual.

I'd love to know how much celtic spend on underhand PR tactics, and who gets the money, and what for. Can you get this kind of information with a request under the freedom of information act?

Yeah it is all very odd. I asked the question a while ago after Level 5's website stated Stevie Kerr's was the former Press Officer at Rangers. But never got anywhere with the query.
It is very odd. Rangers have to address the media issue ASAP. We need a sharp responsive individual who can tackle them at their own game and Brown Brogues you are also correct in letting folk know that we must keep our cool. We are on the road to GREATNESS once mo

It is very odd. Rangers have to address the media issue ASAP. We need a sharp responsive individual who can tackle them at their own game and Brown Brogues you are also correct in letting folk know that we must keep our cool. We are on the road to GREATNESS once mo
Alistair Campbell was at the top of the game regarding PR, spin and media manipulation.
We need somebody at that level to have the weight to deal with the bias in major organisations such as the Scottish BBC, Daily Record, Sun, SFA, etc....
He wouldn't come cheap even if interested but it would be a relatively easy job for him compared to the political scene. Obviously needs to have a technical team improving the internet hit rate on positive Rangers stories and negative Ceptic stories.
Campbell may be too old and not interested in working with Rangers but we need an equivalent and that's not James traynor.

Alistair Campbell was at the top of the game regarding PR, spin and media manipulation.
We need somebody at that level to have the weight to deal with the bias in major organisations such as the Scottish BBC, Daily Record, Sun, SFA, etc....
He wouldn't come cheap even if interested but it would be a relatively easy job for him compared to the political scene. Obviously needs to have a technical team improving the internet hit rate on positive Rangers stories and negative Ceptic stories.
Campbell may be too old and not interested in working with Rangers but we need an equivalent and that's not James traynor.

He's also a Blairite Labour pal and colleague of former Celtic Chairman John Reid. The man who got Celtic favourable deals at the Coop Bank and complicit in handing out IRA pardon letters. That be letting a wolves in the door.

Its probably that scumbag doing the dark sides spin.

We need someone with no doubt what their loyalties and capabilities are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Burnside

I'd love to know how much celtic spend on underhand PR tactics, and who gets the money, and what for. Can you get this kind of information with a request under the freedom of information act?

I'm sure they employ a company to trawl through the rule books, the sfa's latest witch hunt had its genesis with this company as have their shameless attempts to get reinstated into the CL after getting knocked out fair & square.

The PR department is one we really need to get upto the same level as those kunts across the city. We are sorely lagging behind them just now.

It doesn't help when they've got every newspaper doing their bidding for them as well with the mantra celtic = good, Rangers = bad. Not forgetting the subliminal BBC with the same concept. The sooner we get neutrals or our own back in power in these fields the better.

Ok next stage of Celtic PR machine predictor. Next up Andy Walker and John Harston with "incredible, biggest deal of the summer, Rangers couldn't afford a Player like Rogic".

hahahahaha the goal he scored at Ibrox when they won 2-0 was piss poor, a good defender would have had that cleared. Whilst he scored a good goal at Ibrox, yet again, a better defender would have taken him right out. Other than the goal scored at Ibrox from distance, that's it. His goal in the semi-final? He wouldn't even get a sniff in against better defenders.

It's scandalous how they escape criticism for their terrible record in Europe. Their players may appear good playing against spfl dross ( sorry to say we have been dross for years) but against decent opposition they get torn to shreds. Media then churn out the its not a financial level playing field line. Happens every year they get pumped in Europe yet Hearts, Rangers etc get slagged rotten for being crap...no mention of the financial disparity.

Sunday view points.

The Bankrupt Bhoys

Right now we have significant mis-balance in punditry. A large portion of those employed by the likes of the BBC, Sky and BT are behaving like jilted lovers. The truth is former Rangers players were paid handsomely, some with EBT's, so many don't really need the work. This just leaves the Bankrupt Bhoys in need of work. While Celtic were clever in their tax avoidance film incentive by ensuring no links back directly to the PLC, it left those who signed up to the "Ingenious Films" tax scam open to direct persual from the HMRC many like Sutton have had to file for bankruptcy. They fein anger at EBT's, however it's hypocrisy at it's finest. Craig Bellamy joined the Tax dodge scheme the same day he arrived on loan. Incredible coincidence. Lawwell along with Martin O’Neil, Neil Lennon, Johan Mjalby, Alan Thompson and John Hartson also joined Ingenious.

A who's who of Rangers bashers still working because they made bad choices.

Is it not time to call for an independent investigation in to how so many Celtic Staff and Players were introduced to the scheme?

Uncle Des

One of the many myths Celtic fans love to shout about is Uncle Des's riches and he has deep pockets. Dave King recently stated he and his fellow Board investors will fund the Club and run a loss until European revenue sees the Plc on a level footing. Celtic are all about the profit. Mr Liewell's bonus is based on a top line profit, which has risen million by million year on year while spending has decreased. The grey and green wearers believe should Celtic ever need funds to see off a Rangers threat that Uncles Des would get his cheque book out.

This is an incredibly naive sentiment, "Uncle Des" has never put money in to Celtic. He bought already issued shares from Wee Fergus while collecting a dividend of the profits each year paid by the PLC to Desmonds Gibraltar tax haven trust Line Nominees. Without puting a single penny in, he has taken plenty out. Celtic by the way knowingly pay his dividends to his Gibraltar based Line Nominees and are complicit in aiding his tax avoidance. Hypocrisy anyone?

The day Celtic need Desmond to open his cheque book will be the day he will jump ship as the profit isn't coming.

Last edited:
Sunday view points.

Right now we have significant mis-balance in punditry. A large portion of those employed by the likes of the BBC, Sky and BT are behaving like jilted lovers. The truth is former Rangers players were paid handsomely, some with EBT's, so many don't really need the work. This just leaves the Bankrupt Bhoys in need of work. While Celtic were clever in their tax avoidance film incentive by ensuring links back directly to the PLC, it left those who signed up to the "Ingenious Films" tax scam open to direct persual from the HMRC many like Sutton have had to file for bankruptcy. They fein anger at EBT's, however it's hypocrisy at it's finest. Craig Bellamy joined the Tax dodge scheme the same day he arrived on loan. Incredible coincidence. Lawwell along with Martin O’Neil, Neil Lennon, Johan Mjalby, Alan Thompson and John Hartson also joined Ingenious.

A who's who of Rangers bashers still working because they made bad choices.

Is it not time to call for an independent investigation in to how so many Celtic Staff and Players were introduced to the scheme?
given the amount of column inches and TV coverage of our situation why these questions have never been asked blows my mind .

there has been some press coverage but it disappears very quickly .

Back