Jadon Sancho

Munro.rfc

Not sure if someone has already spoke on this but thought I would post.

heard he was not allowed to train/play or be anywhere near the first team and refuses to apologise to Ten hag. Just wondering if anyone else has more information on this and what do you think it will mean for Sancho?
He was incredible for Dortmund so I feel like it’s a waste if United decide to get rid of him. There’s definitely a player in there but United are known for ruining players.

just wanted to know if anyone else has thoughts on this.

I’d be more inclined to side with Sancho than United on this one. People keep talking about Sancho being mentally weak. He moved to Germany when he was 17 and became established for Dortmund. He won that move to United with his dedication.

Whilst I appreciate there is blame on Sancho’s side if his time keeping is awful and question marks over his attitude, how United have handled him is bizarre from the moment he signed, and no doubt contributed to that.

I’d be more inclined to side with Sancho than United on this one. People keep talking about Sancho being mentally weak. He moved to Germany when he was 17 and became established for Dortmund. He won that move to United with his dedication.

Whilst I appreciate there is blame on Sancho’s side if his time keeping is awful and question marks over his attitude, how United have handled him is bizarre from the moment he signed, and no doubt contributed to that.

he had his share of issues in Germany as well...with time keeping!

Gareth Southgate even mentioned his time keeping with the England squad.

I seen a clip that I think was filmed with Walcott at the BMW pro am. Was talking about taking down the wrong time for a team meeting at England under Capello. Said he was panicking and spoke to JT who was captain and he told him not to worry. Went up to chap Capellos door to apologise and explain and he just slammed the door in his face. He was then left out the WC squad and said he phoned him and wanted to know what he could do to improve to get back in the fold and Capello just hung the phone up on him. :))

I seen a clip that I think was filmed with Walcott at the BMW pro am. Was talking about taking down the wrong time for a team meeting at England under Capello. Said he was panicking and spoke to JT who was captain and he told him not to worry. Went up to chap Capellos door to apologise and explain and he just slammed the door in his face. He was then left out the WC squad and said he phoned him and wanted to know what he could do to improve to get back in the fold and Capello just hing the phone up on him. :))

Love it.

That is one way to teach accountability.

As for Sancho, his career is littered with daft discipline issues, he needs to grow up and accept responsibility.

The time keeping isn't new with him, either at Dortmund, with England and now with Man U.

Last edited:
You get the impression that Ten Haag is a tit
I agree. What happened to keeping things in-house? Imo he knew exactly what he was doing in that post match interview and get people talking about that after Utd lost the game finishing with Maguire and Evans on the pitch.

Love it.

That is one way to teach accountability.

As for Sancho, is career is littered with daft discipline issues, he needs to grow up and accept responsibility.

The time keeping isn't new with him, either at Dortmund, with England and now with Man U.
On this occasion though Sancho says that he wasn’t late at all and admits he has been in the past. I just think he is maybe being used as a scapegoat for a game he played no part in.

I think he is quite within his rights to defend himself after the manager seemed to use him as a deflection tactic after the loss to Arsenal tbh. If he wasn’t late for training like he claims then he should stick up for himself.

Ten Hag seems like a bit of a wanker imo.
This.

Nor is he half as good as he thinks he is.

On this occasion though Sancho says that he wasn’t late at all and admits he has been in the past. I just think he is maybe being used as a scapegoat for a game he played no part in.

he admitted he wasn't late at Dortmund either.

he is little lazy tadger is what he is! There was one incident before a CL game where he missed not only the team breakfast but the morning warm up. Another time was late back from international duty.

If that shit goes unchecked then others start trying to take the piss. Dortmund team mates publicly came out and said he needs to grow up.

I don't believe him when he says he wasn't late, when he clearly has severe issues with timekeeping. Maybe he was fractional late, and his watch wasn't on time, and that was the last incident the manager is willing to accept. Who knows but ten Hag won't mess around.

Indeed, and Dortmund marshalled that by having Sancho stick to Haaland so that the professionalism rubbed off on him.

It’s even more damning of United that they purchase a player for this amount of money, are aware of off-field issues, and they apparently do little to mitigate those.

Instead they sign Ronaldo, and Sancho is barely seen.

It's beyond pathetic that a grown adult regularly cannot be at a designated place for a specific time.
I came on to post the same thing ... multi millionaire cant be at training / game / meet up for X time is frankly a shambles.

I suspect there's a lot more to all of this than what's in the public eye
I also suspect neither side is entirely innocent
I don't doubt Sancho has time keeping issues
But a player being constantly late shouldn't be beyond any management team's capability to deal with these type of problems (Ally ?)
Late time keeping surely isn't that difficult to rectify & neither should it be a career halting offence
There can be a lot worse behaviours in players than lateness
Whatever attitude issues he had in the first place will have been aggravated by Man U's stance
The whole thing smacks of inflated ego & mis-management on both sides to me

If both parties aren't careful there won't be any way back - always assuming they haven't already reached that point

Don’t know why people are blaming the manager. The player was already problematic before Ten Hag had even arrived.

If Sancho was performing well he’d be in the squad. Simple as that.
I’m not blaming the manager? I’m questioning his motives for the timing of him saying what he said. Man Utd lost to a late goal after bringing on Maguire and Evans. Should that not be more of a talking point than a player not even in the squad?

This is a Man Utd side that sit 11th in the table after 4 games and we’re very lucky not to have given away a home penalty in one of the two games they have won in the last minute also.

I suspect there's a lot more to all of this than what's in the public eye
I also suspect neither side is entirely innocent
I don't doubt Sancho has time keeping issues
But a player being constantly late shouldn't be beyond any management team's capability to deal with these type of problems (Ally ?)
Late time keeping surely isn't that difficult to rectify & neither should it be a career halting offence
There can be a lot worse behaviours in players than lateness
Whatever attitude issues he had in the first place will have been aggravated by Man U's stance
The whole thing smacks of inflated ego & mis-management on both sides to me

If both parties aren't careful there won't be any way back - always assuming they haven't already reached that point

Ally was a different character altogether, he was tolerated because he A) he done the business on the park and B) he had charm and patter that could talk him out of a room with no doors.

In comparison to Sancho you have A) player that is doing nothing on the park in terms of business and B) refuses to accept accountability for his own actions either at Dortmund, England national team and now Man U.

Perhaps this is ten Hag now had enough and the chances have dried up.

Ally was a different character altogether, he was tolerated because he A) he done the business on the park and B) he had charm and patter that could talk him out of a room with no doors.

In comparison to Sancho you have A) player that is doing nothing on the park in terms of business and B) refuses to accept accountability for his own actions either at Dortmund, England national team and now Man U.

The story Souness tells on one of the videos, may be Super Ally, of calling McCoist to his room to give him a bollocking is brilliant. Ally goes in and starts with you heard this one gaffer. Before Souness gets a chance to give him a dressing down Ally has him laughing away and out the door he goes. :))

The story Souness tells on one of the videos, may be Super Ally, of calling McCoist to his room to give him a bollocking is brilliant. Ally goes in and starts with you heard this one gaffer. Before Souness gets a chance to give him a dressing down Ally has him laughing away and out the door he goes. :))

Aye Walter was there as well and by the time Ally had left they had forgot what the bollocking was going to be about.

Another one goes that Coisty had a companion the night before a game against the Sheep that Knox found out about, and warned McCoist to be the difference or he was getting grassed up. Supposedly goes out and scores a brace.

Don't know if that story is entirely true but I'm choosing to believe it!

Despite the issues with his professionalism being questioned he’s jetted out to the US to party.

Needs to grow up and knuckle down it seems. Probably doesn’t care because he’ll have millions in the bank.

Love that

Man U's recruitment is an absolute disaster overall. Think of the money spent on the likes of Lukaku, Martial, Maguire, Sancho and Antony for starters. I'm sure there's loads more examples. And in the case of the latter two, they seem to have signed players with huge talent but very questionable characters.

I think he is quite within his rights to defend himself after the manager seemed to use him as a deflection tactic after the loss to Arsenal tbh. If he wasn’t late for training like he claims then he should stick up for himself.

He's Dutch.
Of course he's a bit of a wanker.

There are clearly issues with him and Sancho but I think Sancho was right to defend himself there especially when it was clear he was using him as a deflection tactic for his defeat against Arsenal.

Man U's recruitment is an absolute disaster overall. Think of the money spent on the likes of Lukaku, Martial, Maguire, Sancho and Antony for starters. I'm sure there's loads more examples. And in the case of the latter two, they seem to have signed players with huge talent but very questionable characters.

the recruitment in spending about £180 million on two technical wingers with no pace and then try and have them playing counter attacking football is shocking.

Sancho is also miles better on left, and they signed him to play on the right as Rashford prefers the left.

Indeed, and Dortmund marshalled that by having Sancho stick to Haaland so that the professionalism rubbed off on him.

It’s even more damning of United that they purchase a player for this amount of money, are aware of off-field issues, and they apparently do little to mitigate those.

Instead they sign Ronaldo, and Sancho is barely seen.

And we saw how that ended when he started acting the bollocks.

the manager won in the end with him as well.

And we saw how that ended when he started acting the bollocks.

the manager won in the end with him as well.
Not sure what point you’re making. The signing of Ronaldo just accentuated what a shambles Man United’s signing policy was and is. The club are falling into the same problems time and again since Ferguson / Gill left.

Not sure what point you’re making. The signing of Ronaldo just accentuated what a shambles Man United’s signing policy was and is. The club are falling into the same problems time and again since Ferguson / Gill left.

I'm speaking about Ten Hag, not how the club is run.

Ronaldo was there when Ten Hag arrived, he didn't last long under him because he couldn't do what was asked.

Ronaldo started acting the prick, the manager took action.

the same will happen with Sancho.

Sancho is undoubtedly a excellent player who could have a great future ahead of him if he manages to clear up some of his faults. I have no doubt Ten Hag management style can upset some players but ultimately he is the man in charge and respect is earned both ways
On the other side of his situation Sancho can easily become another Deli Ali and go on to waste his career

I’m not blaming the manager? I’m questioning his motives for the timing of him saying what he said. Man Utd lost to a late goal after bringing on Maguire and Evans. Should that not be more of a talking point than a player not even in the squad?

This is a Man Utd side that sit 11th in the table after 4 games and we’re very lucky not to have given away a home penalty in one of the two games they have won in the last minute also.
He was asked if Mctominay and Sancho were injured.

Sancho is undoubtedly a excellent player who could have a great future ahead of him if he manages to clear up some of his faults. I have no doubt Ten Hag management style can upset some players but ultimately he is the man in charge and respect is earned both ways
On the other side of his situation Sancho can easily become another Deli Ali and go on to waste his career
With what Alli revealed recently about his childhood he’s done well to have the career he has rather than wasting it.

I'm speaking about Ten Hag, not how the club is run.

Ronaldo was there when Ten Hag arrived, he didn't last long under him because he couldn't do what was asked.

Ronaldo started acting the prick, the manager took action.

the same will happen with Sancho.
Ten Hag dealt with the Ronaldo situation very well. He’s not done the same with Sancho.

That’s before you even get to the head scratching recruitment and tactics.

Ten Hag did very well to get United going last season to win the league cup, but he needs to solve a lot of problems if they are to do anything this year. Sometimes bombing players out isn’t the way to go.

There were issues with Sancho at Dortmund in regards to time keeping and general behaviour though. So it’s not just Ten Haag.

He deleted the scapegoat tweet I’m sure. I don’t think he’s being scapegoated when he’s on a hefty salary and can’t bother his arse getting in on time.

Back