MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 20:00 Wednesday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would be interesting to see some sort of first time pass stat. Felt like there was a very deliberate attempt to pass 1st time.

Looking back at the goal , you can see the defender slow down ,if he had continued his run fast he would have got the ball and dealt with it but he slows down looks at sima and looks like hes trying to buy the foul , defenders should defend and not try and draw a free kick

Dessers for Jack, maybe? Allows Roofe to drop a little deeper and link up play.

It's all gone as expected. Plenty of possession but very little threat.

Cantwell was asked about taking corners and free kicks. He was sheepish and replied that Tav takes them, he’s the captain and he’s been at the club for years.

Pure playground “it’s my ball” shite.
he also said he’s pretty good at them (set plays) but lets leave that out to fit the agenda.

We really haven't created much at all in the first half. Lammers has faded out of the game after a good start. We aren't making the most of Sima's pace and we aren't getting the ball in the box for Roofe. Both Tav's and Ridvan's crossing has been dire.

We are fortunate that Livi haven't offered anything.

Not sure we have a solution on the bench. I might be tempted to bring on Barisic because he has a better delivery than Ridvan but that's about it.
Is it not that we haven’t allowed them into the game?
Maybe not good fortune but decent play.

Lammers was the signing I was probably the most excited about. I thought he’d be a Dutch Aribo.

He has a nice touch but everything looks so passive with him. Doesn’t seem ruthless enough.

I can see shape and purpose to the team tonight and it isn't that narrow nonsense we have played. Unfortunately its still poor. Couple of decent flashes, Cifu playing well imo, but repeatedly smashing corner off the first man, deary me, Lammers and Tav both guilty.

Overall play much more positive - just need to turn some chances into goals. Would like to see someone in our team a bit more dominant in the air attacking our corners. Plenty of corners but no result!

Craigan is a complete twat and Rangers are actually playing well hopefully Craigan will find something shiney to play with the second half and I can actually enjoy this

I’m sure there are folk on here whose purpose in life is to moan. Unreal
Do these people expect the equivalent of watching a game of FIFA vs a 4 year old or watch peak City vs a league 2 side? Unreal it really is. Impossible to please a chunk of our support, it’s embarrassing

Nice possession stats, poor yet again in the final third and corners have been poor. It's clear we are holding on to the ball well with a lot of side and back passing but would love one or two players to take a player or two on every now and again on the final third. You could see when Cifuentes did it near the end of the half, he wasn't far away from a good chance on goal.

Much more like it. In total control. Yes, would be nice to test their keeper more but it’s not easy with the way a team like Livi understandably set up, you’re not going to easily cut them open through the middle to get in behind which inevitably leads to lots of crosses and cut backs that we’ve just not managed to get on the end of. If we keep this up, and particularly start of second half find that rhythm and pace we showed in first 20/25, this should be put to bed early enough I’d guess.

We’ve got a long way to go but if we win this by 2 or 3 with a performance similar to first half we’ll at long last have an acceptable marker to progress from.

Why do we always play the safe pass? I realise that keeping possession is important but sometimes you have to take a chance and play a pass to open them up, we very rarely do that.
Exactly.
It's well seen that we're playing with 3 defensive midfielders.
Cantwell and Lawrence are a real miss. We're crying out for their creativity from midfield.

Decent shout.

Roofe is also coming too deep - get in the box & stay there. Sorry, but Lammers for me still looks very ordinary.
Clearly being told to play that way. Roofe never used to come deep like this yet under Beale he’s more like an attacking midfielder for most the game.

Lundstrum seems to be always trying some link up play to push us forward but no one is on the same wavelength as him and it just gets punted back the way.

Jack and lunny sit back while goldsons in their box pressing for the ball. Mental

3 centre mids and not one wanting to try a penetrating forward pass.

Mingin.

Cantwell was asked about taking corners and free kicks. He was sheepish and replied that Tav takes them, he’s the captain and he’s been at the club for years.

Tav doesn’t get to choose who takes set pieces.

Better first half but that’s from a low base. Were it not for a goal that should have been disallowed we’d still be 0-0 after giving Livi zero of the game. Up front on his own Roofe as invisible as Dessers or Danilo have been before. Our crossing from wide players is either abysmal (Tav) or non existent (Ridvan). Our midfield pass back at every opportunity and we’re in a rediculous situation where Goldson and Davies are about our most positive players! If Livi get an early goal here it could be a long game.

We started the game well but we've played ourselves into the same groove of playing across the midfield on the halfway line. Roofe and Sima are making the runs along with Cifeuntes pushing up but Lundstram and Jack just want to keep the ball so it goes to Goldson or Davies rather than make the pass.

Roofe has had to come back into the centre circle to collect the ball and remind them he's playing.

Daft wee guy talking daft wee guy shit.

I find it funny that people think Tav just decides he's the designated set piece taker.

Back