Brown Brogues - Between the Lines

For weeks we have been hearing the Liewell PR machine bang on about taking up their option on Edouard, a fixed price £10M under the deal they have with PSG. I doubted Celtic would break their transfer record based on a couple of goals against us. So I am not shocked to see the line being fed to press today as the deadline comes close to making a decision.

From STV

"Celtic's pursuit of Odsonne Edouard is apparently under threat.

Brendan Rodgers wants to keep the French hitman for good after an impressive loan stint in Glasgow, and Celtic have the first option to sign the 20-year-old for a reputed club-record £10m fee.

But Edouard has now reportedly received an approach from a mystery foreign club, leaving the Hoops to sweat over whether the move will eventually come to fruition".

A mystery Club you say?, but if Celtic have first option then Celtic have first option! that is what they proclaimed was the deal, so how could that deal be under threat?, it is simply you either pay and get him or you don't... Smelling very much like, there was no way they were going to part with £10M but will try to spin it as they lost out a mysterious giant Club. Gullible Celtic fans.

For weeks we have been hearing the Liewell PR machine bang on about taking up their option on Edouard, a fixed price £10M under the deal they have with PSG. I doubted Celtic would break their transfer record based on a couple of goals against us. So I am not shocked to see the line being fed to press today as the deadline comes close to making a decision.

From STV

Brendan Rodgers wants to keep the French hitman for good after an impressive loan stint in Glasgow, and Celtic have the first option to sign the 20-year-old for a reputed club-record £10m fee.

But Edouard has now reportedly received an approach from a mystery foreign club, leaving the Hoops to sweat over whether the move will eventually come to fruition".

A mystery Club you say?, but if Celtic have first option then Celtic have first option! that is what they proclaimed was the deal, so how could that deal be under threat?, it is simply you either pay and get him or you don't... Smelling very much like, there was no way they were going to part with £10M but will try to spin it as they lost out a mysterious giant Club. Gullible Celtic fans.
Would that be the same 'Mystery Club'that were very interested in Dembele for Millions of bucks ?

From STV

Reminds me of the Lawell quote on Jelavic, ‘mystery bid from an unknown club in an unknown universe’

Celtic have never really been willing to part with serious cash and this has cost them their advantage in the past. After O'Neill got them to Seville with a pretty good team, they had an opportunity to move significantly ahead of us. They didn't. They sat on the profit, O'Neill ended up leaving and we got the upper hand once more.

The same is going to happen now. It might take a couple of years but their lack of investment will end up costing them and we will regain the upper hand sooner or later.

It's quite obvious they've gone back to PSG and offered £4m or so and they've said no thanks.

He'll go to another club, but that'll take most of the window to settle.

Going to be very difficult to qualify next season. Forty four teams in the qualifiers fighting for four spots in the CL group stage
in then one hand want them not to then you watch the thrashings and humiliations and think ;)....but in the end I want them to lose every game they play so first qualifier I be happy to see them go :p

Someone has let it slip CQN are spreading accross their usual tramp Rangers obsessed occult, the rumour that Steven Gerrard can't take the dugout for the Europa Qaulifiers because he has not yet completed his Pro Licence. So here is the response should you seen any of the tramps spreading this.

Because Gerrard is currently undertaking the Pro Licence he is allowed a grace period for 1 annual tournament. This is to allow new Managers who have not Managed in Europe before time to acquire the licence.

And even if this was not the case Gary Mac already has his.

These lunatics never tire with their fake news. Shoot them down early don't let the lie grow.

Someone has let it slip CQN are spreading accross their usual tramp Rangers obsessed occult, the rumour that Steven Gerrard can't take the dugout for the Europa Qaulifiers because he has not yet completed his Pro Licence. So here is the response should you seen any of the tramps spreading this.

Because Gerrard is currently undertaking the Pro Licence he is allowed a grace period for 1 annual tournament. This is to allow new Managers who have not Managed in Europe before time to acquire the licence.

These lunatics never tire with their fake news. Shoot them down early don't let the lie grow.
Soon as i read that in the papers this morning i just knew they would jump all over it

Probably just a late April Fools joke.

Anyone got a picture of Paul Brennan?
I know of a Paul Brennan in the same industry as me and he does strike me as a Tim!
What “industry” are you in.

I’ve also got a Paul Brennan in mine. And he’s as rabid as they come.

I’m in the alternative hotel industry (non paying)

Re the meticulous planning. I think this meticulous planning started a long time ago, and that's why the season was pretty much written off so quickly.

Can't wait til the new season begins. Have a really good feeling.

I agree with this.

One part that must have been foreseen is the global profile uplift just having Stevie G at the helm.

I was absolutely staggered to note that Gerrards own Twitter account had over 300,000 likes when he simply posted our club crest.

From STV

Yes.....file under hype and bullshytt.

You would have to zip up the back to believe this crap.

I like the part of how Lawwell has his way. they know how to brush over some absolute howling signings.

Here is a list of signings under Rodgers, there's an argument that Rodgers is a very good coach, but he couldn't pick a player out a line up.

(note Dembele was signed pre Rodgers)

Gamboa -flop
Sinclair - started well, faded big time this season, wants out
Toure - miss
de Vries - flop
Roberts - flop, spent the season in the hospital
Kouassi - flop
Benyu - flop
Ntcham - hit
Hayes - flop
Edouard - hit
Hendry - ?
Compper - flop
Musonda - flop

Now that on the whole is a waste of cash. Yet they've got by, with Rodgers tactically being spot on.

That's the Celtic PR machine for you.
Mair spin than ma Maw's auld Twin Tub.

Just another thing to add for today. I understand from Gerrard's time at BT Sports he had a very good relationship with top brass at BT Sport. Mr Sutton may wish to tred carefully next season.
Just another thing to add for today. I understand from Gerrard's time at BT Sports he had a very good relationship with top brass at BT Sport. Mr Sutton may wish to tred carefully next season.
It would please me greatly to see Sutton's services dispensed with from BT and one or two others.

The channel has employed these people on purpose. I seriously doubt anything will change. They are taking their orders from the same place the rest of Scottish society is.

Daily Record Hotline was amusing..

Angry Liewell is short changing them again after January's raid on Dundee LOL

"The key for successful teams is always to strengthen while they’re on top but Celtic's latest signing target Moses Odubajo isn’t a name that is exciting fans.

The former Hull City right-back has been out of the game for two years due to a knee injury but has joined up with the Hoops in their pre-season camp in Austria.

But some Parkhead punters on the Hotline are looking for better quality to build on their double Treble success and see off the challenge from Steven Gerrard’s Rangers.

Pat Thompson, Parkhead, said: “
Celtic fans were on a high after the double Treble and the club are bringing them back down by handing a trial to a right back who hasn’t played a game in two years due to injury. It’s embarrassing.”

Jim McKay, Shettleston, said: “Celtic have just banked £8million from the sale of Stuart Armstrong and now we’re looking at an injury-prone right back on a free. It’s not good enough.”

Back