Rangers Silk Scarves 60's?

I
I used to have one and can't find it, who else has one and what ones do we all have? Used to be some crackers!

I wore one to the games but it's long gone, i don't what happened to it, as it was so long ago. It was an unusual type scarf, im not sure that anyone would make them now.

I used to have one and can't find it, who else has one and what ones do we all have? Used to be some crackers!
My dad gave me his after he came home from the Ibrox Disaster game he never went to a game again I'm sure I've got it somewhere.

;)
Has this Scarf any value and when is it from?

20170914_215432.jpg
That’s the one I’ve got (albeitwith whiter tassels ;) ) I recall it being bought for me from John Menzies in the mid 60s, and there was a similar mentally challenged version

I got 25 made I only wanted one for me and my boy as I tried everywhere

They cost a bit of money as I had to get the art work and a min order put in place

But a few bears bought them

I got 25 made I only wanted one for me and my boy as I tried everywhere

They cost a bit of money as I had to get the art work and a min order put in place

But a few bears bought them

Can you post a picture mate? I'm sure a lot of folk would buy them if you could get more.

Any plans to do woven cotton ones mate like the above?

The corner ones or tassel ones would sell like hot cakes.

I don't have the machinery required to manufacture this type of scarf unfortunately. It's a weaving machine which uses different techniques from fine guage knitting. Perhaps in future I might consider but would need a lot of thought before buying one. It's essentially why you can't find these scarves, the market is quite narrow unless you could make another product on the same machine and substantiate the outlay.

Mine was silk, rangers blue with diagonal red and white stripes that were very close together. No wee lions or fringes.

Sorry about the size of these - 1st time doing pics! This is my scarf that was passed on to me from my Grandpa in the 70's. My old man tends to wear it just now and I'll wear it in due course although I sometimes use it if I'm at a game on my own.
I was just about to post my dads had golden lions on it but they are all worn away almost.

I found my original scarf about 5 years ago and wore it to a game in the Surrey true blues my brother was there and claimed it as his,Our wee mammy bought us both one and he thought that I took his and kept it for 50 years. He still says it’s his.

Yeah I had one too with loads of badges, but lost it through moves to and fro to London, married divorced and remarried, haven't a clue where it went, probably ex wife threw it out.

My dad had one of these silk scarves (possibly even belonged to my Grandpa), my elder brother claimed it as his own about 30 years ago and promptly lost it within a matter of weeks :(

Back