Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Our mentality is shockingly poor nearly every game there is slight pressure we bottle it time and again. Today was a massive opportunity to put Celtic under pressure and we failed.

The manager will hopefully have learned a lot today. Hard balancing act for him as he still has to get some sort of tune out of the players that are here but so many of them need punted.

He's been put in a terrible position bus has made the best of a bad gig thus far.
Can only assume he's been assured some spending money for the January window, as to make a fist of it with these players will probably be beyond him.Trouble is, some are on large contracts due to previous managers folly and will be hard to shift on.

Very disappointing but the overall objectives for this period remain the same. Qualify in Europe, win the league cup, go into the break no less than 5 points behind.
It’s extremely frustrating but it’s one of our hardest away fixtures typically and Celtic dropping points allows us to keep going for it. I know it’s not what people want to hear and it’s not good enough but this squad isn’t good enough either and we simply have to make it to January without too much damage being done to our title chances as we are definitely still in it.

A wage bill like ours that needs bailed out with penalties kind of showcases the talent within this side.
Too many players missing today and not just the old guard.

I'm glad of the late point. Could be vital.

Barisic shouldn't ever play for us again after that mental fucking collapse.

Nearly ripped the TV off the wall watching him and still fuming.

Hopefully Clement is as ruthless as rumoured because 75% of those mentally weak bottle merchants need punted ASAP.
What?

A point.

But absolutely furious with performance and not eating into mentally challengeds lead :mad:

Garbage.
We had enough chances to win that game comfortably, it's a disappointing result as it was a chance to claw points back.

We played some good football and you can see that Clement is only playing the cards he has been dealt with. He will now know what he needs to change in terms of priority, as no decent centre halves at any level should get beat by a straight ball between them, that was primary school defending.

Scum game remains the litmus test of where we are in terms of progression.

Honestly, that was pathetic.

Mentality of this team should’ve been to bulldoze right through those journeymen jobbers.

22 shots and 10 on target and not a single goal from open play.

Total joke.

Might as well join in the condemnation.

A win here and we were right back in the title.

Now we are back to where we were. Still hoping Celtic drop points before we do.

But what if the do ? Can we cash in ? Doesn't look like it.
It’s infuriating! Going on the evidence the answer will be no they can’t

that performance today ,is what we have watched under our 2 previous managers, slow, sloppy, wasteful and no where near enough desire, our manager will have had his eyes opened to just what he"s dealing with, and their continual struggles against poor teams that work hard and find us a soft touch

A wage bill like ours that needs bailed out with penalties kind of showcases the talent within this side.
Too many players missing today and not just the old guard.

Rewarding the old guard for failure.

Players like Goldson should of never been offered improved contracts.

Giving them a goal start makes it harder, it gave them a huge lift and something to hold onto. If we had got a goal earlier we would have won but It didn't look like a goal was coming at all.

Matondo and McCausland need to get a run, both offered so much more than Sima and Cantwell in those positions.

More points dropped against a very poor Aberdeen. Just don't see what Cantwell brings to the team he was awful today. Shocking defending from Balogun and Goldson in the first half. Matondo good when he came on. We had to win today but as so often in the recent past we again failed.

Far from a disaster of a weekend but it is what it is.
It’s a complete disaster of a weekend. For the first time, there was a glimpse that they might feel the pressure.
But instead of swatting away, the sheep, we wilted when we saw the chance to put the scum under pressure.
It tells you everything you need to know about these players.
But also, the manager needs to take some of the blame. Barry Robson tactically had Clement’s number.
By playing two quick strikers, knowing we press our central defenders high up the pitch, they knew there would be a lot of space for their strikers to run into.
When he saw their lineup, Clement should have dropped our back four back a little like Aberdeen did to cancel out our long balls over the top.

I 100% believe Clement is the man to get us winning titles again - and I don’t mean 1 then another in 5 year, I mean back to back sweeping up trophies. I don’t trust half of they players to deliver the trophies for him or for us.

Crazy take - massive opportunity missed by this one bunch of fucking shitebags yet again
This has become a fallback phrase for every setback we have.
Its tripe.
I’d get it if we were outplayed and were lucky to get a draw but, today we kept going, created the chances, made their keeper a hero, and got something in the end.
Also, explain the lack of bottle by the penalty taker.

I think that performance today confirms we are pretty much depending on the beasts imploding in the league.

I was kinda hoping we were going to have a go at taking control of our own destiny.

Dropping points to that team is embarrassing tbh. We had enough motivation from their result yesterday but didn't really show enough intensity. The defending for their goal was shocking, we should be able to defend a long ball flick on.

I'll take it as a point gained.

I think most of us would have taken the points tally under Clement at this stage.

I know people are going to call the players shitebags and admittedly we weren't very good, but it's away at Pittodrie after a break. We could've scored a few today.

Let's get through December before people start chucking the towel in.
Same mate,it's 5 points,yes it could have been 3 but in big Phil I trust the man still unbeaten. But message to the board back him

We had enough chances to win that game comfortably, it's a disappointing result as it was a chance to claw points back.

We played some good football and you can see that Clement is only playing the cards he has been dealt with. He will now know what he needs to change in terms of priority, as no decent centre halves at any level should get beat by a straight ball between them, that was primary school defending.

Scum game remains the litmus test of where we are in terms of progression.
This lot will absolutely shit the bed at the Piggery mate.

The dhims bury that Lammers header therein lies the current difference
Clement is not daft and knows who should be staying and going

Borna Barisic. One of the worst left back performances I've ever seen in a blue shirt.
Ridvan must be thinking he needs to gtf if that kunt is starting before him. I could tell in the first 11mins he was badly off the pace. Today was a day for Ridvan, he offers so much more.

Only thing that may come good from today is PC knowing how to set up against them in the final.

P.s. BB has been completely dropped from the Croatia squad. Noticed that last week.

I'll take it as a point gained.

I think most of us would have taken the points tally under Clement at this stage.

I know people are going to call the players shitebags and admittedly we weren't very good, but it's away at Pittodrie after a break. We could've scored a few today.

Let's get through December before people start chucking the towel in.
We're in the cycle of more difficult away games. This was not a good start.
Aberdeen are dung. Even giving 110%, they are absolute dung. Says more about us than them

Yet again when the chips are down and the pressure is on, these players arses collapse.

That’s umpteen managers now.

Goldson et al, all need to go.
Too many recurring faces in the same old disappointingly gutless performances -- we've been saying ti for a while: an almost entire clearout was needed long ago and it is still needed.

I thought Matondo certainly added something when he came on, but Lammers ???
Lammers ? Why ?
A good header aside he genuinely gives us all the appearance of being a man down when he's on the field.

How I wish we'd moved for Miovski a while back when it was obvious that he was going to score goals.

Our performance today ? I'm not entirely sure what our tactics actually were for most of it.
Depressing to see the resurgence of the pointless horseshoe for some parts oif the game, and the unwillingness of some players to have a fecking shot when in the box.

The best that can be said is that we haven't fallen any further behind CFC, but what an opportunity we've missed today !

The good thing is big Phil would have hopefully learnt a lot from that game. Hope he goes mental in the dressing room.
Aberdeen are a total disgrace fist pumps when winning tackles and clearances, 2 weeks ago fast asleep against that lot.

There seems to be this idea that it’s impossible for Rangers to ever be given a penalty legitimately.

The Aberdeen player was pulling his shirt. That’s a foul. No ifs buts or maybes.

Pulling a shirt is a foul under the laws of the game.

100% penalty.
Yep

where has this ‘but was he going to get on the end of it’ narrative come from too. It makes no difference if he was or not

Why are they chanting "cheat"? They've been at it all match.
Pretty pissed off with that result. It feels like we just don't have it in us to close the gap.
Robson having a pop at the referee as well. Should be thanking him for letting his players away with continual fouling when we were breaking in the middle of the park. Robson should be over at his player asking why he's giving the ref the decision to make to award a penalty.

'Another day it would be 2-1'
Absolute shite. If Celtic won yesterday it would have been more likely. But when the pressure is on, we again collapse. We've had our 1 moment this season when they drop and we win. Today was the day that a league winning team would revel in . Games like today are the reason we're in the position we are. Taviernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Cifuentes, Lundstram all passing amongst themselves back the way whilst spending 80 minutes chasing a goal

Played some good stuff. Largely dominated. Need an end priduct. 22 goal attempts, 10 on target and only a penalty to show for it. Unlucky with a couple, but also missed some sitters. Embarrassingly bad goal to lose. Disappointing not to take advantage of their slip yesterday, but given the fixtures, would probably have been happy going into the weekend not to lose ground. Clement is not after all a miracle worker and we shouldn't expect him to be. He's still working with serial failures and Beale's misfits, but he's getting more of a tune out of them. And finally, Crocker was a fucking disgrace in commentary at and after the penalty.

Back