Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

I'll take it as a point gained.

I think most of us would have taken the points tally under Clement at this stage.

I know people are going to call the players shitebags and admittedly we weren't very good, but it's away at Pittodrie after a break. We could've scored a few today.

Let's get through December before people start chucking the towel in.
The biggest disappointment for half the folk on here is that we actually got a point.

So the scum dropping points in injury time to a team we beat shows them to be world beaters?
You can question mentality about the way they played in 1st half but they kept going and got their goal and Lammers should have won it after that. That to me isn't a team a shitebags.
But I can't be bothered wasting my Sunday arguing back and forth. I have my opinion others have theirs.
I just can't agree, sorry. It's the same offenders but if they had the focus, effort and winning mentality we expect then we simply wouldn't have had to worry about Lammers burying a goal in the arse end of the 2nd half. The defence bricked it from Aberdeen having a go at them and it paid off for them really, really easily. Something that happens all too often.

We had a chance to close the gap today and because of the same problem players it didn't happen.

I think you’re right.
We were watching different games.
I don’t know how you can suggest we could have been two down when the whole pattern of play changes after the first goal.
The easy retort is to point out we could have been four or five v two ahead at half time.
As I’ve posted elsewhere, this “bottling it” idea every time we have a set back is beyond boring.
If it were true, how did Tavernier manage to score the penalty.
Didn’t bottle it, our defence is just too old and shite.

Rolled in @0800 :rolleyes:

Woke up on 80 minutes to see us one nil down.

Fired the dogs out. Had a piss. Put the TV on and it's 1 - 1 :) Thank fukk for a point.

Back on it.

Will catch the 'highlights' later on.

Mutton molesting bastards.
Nice to see a proper 'Bear Pit' analysis, there.

Agree, don't see why he was getting the bulk of criticism, he's a holding midfielder and done that job.
Plenty others who should be bringing more in their roles deserve more criticism.
Agree - thought he was as good as anybody today. Sima & Danilo looked off it.

The good.

Created enough chances to win 3 games.
Didn't lose. Clement unbeaten.
We'll win the League Cup in a canter.

The bad.

Poor chance conversion.
Sam Lammers.
Scottish officials.

All in all, 56 still on the way this year. Will take hundreds off anyone that says otherwise.

They don't deliberately not try against Celtic. Fed up hearing this rubbish. Anybody who thinks that's the case is mental.

They are more motivated against us, yes. One because they see us as a rival. 2 because they are more motivated against us and don't fear us as much as they do the other mob, which is massively our fault. Celtic are better at beating them than us.

There's no big meeting in aberdeens dressing room before the game where they all say let's lie down to Celtic.

They try harder against us I agree with that but it's a case that they're allot more fired up and allot more confident. Every team in the world has a fixture they try harder in. For the sheep we are their biggest games in the season, as close to how we feel about old firms games as the sheep get. They don't lie down to anybody.
I agree there are different levels of motivation. 6-0 less levels of motivation which is pathetic.

Step away from the edge my man.

If Roos doesn't make a great save in the first 10 minutes, we're 1 up and the game is completely different.

See how it works?

I expect that's you cashed out for the season, so we won't see you again when things get sorted.
Things won't get sorted while we perform like that and carry passengers week in week out.
The manager has stated he won't put up with folk not performing or pulling their weight.
Time to show that.
This team, as they have shown so often can't step up to the plate when the pressure is on.
A golden opportunity wasted to cut the gap today bottled as per.
Thank %^*& Motherwell did equalise late on yesterday or even more questions works have been asked.

I’m actually scunnered at that. I was hoping we had maybe turned a corner mentality wise under PC. I get that it’s the same shitebags playing. But if we can’t handle pittodrie, we have no chance of doing what’s required at the piggery.

Aberdeen are dung, dung trying hard is still dung. Not the start we needed to a tricky section of fixtures until the OF game.

This is going to be yet another year where an average T4rrier team win league by being slightly less shite than us isn’t it.

Didn’t bottle it, our defence is just too old and shite.

Long ball between our central defenders has been a problem for a few years, usually Goldson + another. And just like with Tav the quick look to see 'who' us to blame.

Dismal performance. Cifuentes was non-existant. Lawrence not much better. We needed men of steel instead of paper-mache. The number of stray passes from Lundstram was a mystery. The team didn’t gel. How often has that happened to us after a long break? Countless times. The opportunity was gift-wrapped. We blew it. Tells us a lot about who we really are.

We've said that before. Actually, we've said it quite often this season (and last)
Last season I never expected us to be any better than we were, we were consistently shite domestically. I've seen this group play a lot bette recentlyr though

Lets cut to the chase, i have no idea where some of yous get your optimism from. This current team/ squad is never winning any league. We need a complete revamp of our team and if PC doesnt get the funds to do it we arent winning leagues anytime soon

What really gets on my tits is Lundstram taking ball from Goldson or Balogun middle of half to then pass ball 20 yards forward. Why does he not get further up giving the central defenders another option.

I just can't agree, sorry. It's the same offenders but if they had the focus, effort and winning mentality we expect then we simply wouldn't have had to worry about Lammers burying a goal in the arse end of the 2nd half. The defence bricked it from Aberdeen having a go at them and it paid off for them really, really easily. Something that happens all too often.

We had a chance to close the gap today and because of the same problem players it didn't happen.
How many goals did Danillo score?
How many times did Sima beat his man?
Where was the inventiveness from Cantwell?
The defence allowed one goal in. The attack never caused Aberdeen any real problems. Now I know that doesn't suit your narrative however that's the facts.
Now as I've said I'm not getting into back and forth. Reply if you feel like it but I won't be responding.

Clements first mistake in his team choice, no support for Danilo and playing Cantwell like a winger . Keep playing a winning team don't change as much as he did today
What do we do with Cantwell? End of season he was great playing of the right but having almost a free role. It isn't the same as having him on the right when a #10 is already in there

We played okay- we’re doing the correct things and kept plugging away. Nothing you could do about Aberdeens goal it was just a punt and a knock down, and their boy took it really well.

I’m encouraged by the way Clement has us playing. Just need a bit more quality in January.

Lammers is an absolute donkey.
The goal we conceded was entirely avoidable tactically.
They deliberately played two quick strikers, knowing our centre backs play high up the pitch.
They were tactically trying to put the ball into the big gap between the defenders and the goalkeeper. And it worked twice in the early moments of the game leading to the first goal.
They could’ve had two that way.

At the other end, Aberdeen sat deeper, so there was no chance of the balls we were playing over the top getting to our strikers.

Robson did a number in Clement in the first half.

When we saw the lineup of two quick strikers, a competent coach should have told the back four to sit a bit deeper to prevent the type of goal we conceded.

We played okay- we’re doing the correct things and kept plugging away. Nothing you could do about Aberdeens goal it was just a punt and a knock down, and their boy took it really well.

I’m encouraged by the way Clement has us playing. Just need a bit more quality in January.

Lammers is an absolute donkey.
Nothing we could do about their goal, your at it aren’t you, 3 touches and the ball is in the back of our net, how about fucking the head off Goodson and Balogun for starters, two centre backs raped by their striker, goes peace please.

Those settling for the draw and happy with it are accepting 2nd place all day long.

If we want to win this league then games like today are must wins, not dropping points, when out rivals are handing us chances to catch up on a plate, and we are not taking full advantage then come may we will still be losers
I think you are missing the point we were 1-0 down in the 90th minute and the game finished 1-1 although not happy with the draw - I think the draw is acceptable under the circumstances - but at no point will I ever accept Rangers are 2nd best going into any game - We look to win every game but on occasion a draw is more easy to comprehend than a defeat

Bitterly disappointed with the failure to score and put teams like the sheep to the sword yet again.
Dropping points in games we should be winning is going to cost us dearly in the long run and not taking advantage of the vermin slipping up.

I’m actually scunnered at that. I was hoping we had maybe turned a corner mentality wise under PC. I get that it’s the same shitebags playing. But if we can’t handle pittodrie, we have no chance of doing what’s required at the piggery.

Aberdeen are dung, dung trying hard is still dung. Not the start we needed to a tricky section of fixtures until the OF game.

This is going to be yet another year where an average T4rrier team win league by being slightly less shite than us isn’t it.
Clement was never going to undo years of mental damage and change their mentality in 6 weeks mate.

Many of those players are beyond saving, mainly those who’ve been here for years.

This has been said a million times on here and it needs said one more time. How many free kicks and corners are going to be wasted by Tavernier and Barisic.
Surely there has to be a more attack minded player capable of swinging a cross into the box or ping a shot from 25 yards out.

At the end of the day we had 71% possession 22 shots 10 on target. Hit the bar twice and their keeper had 3-4 great saves. Would have been unfair if we had got nothing from the game.

Lammers frustrates the life out of me tho

Sadly my thoughts at half time of getting a draw at best came true. Missed some really good opportunities in 2nd half. Still felt it was all a bit huff and puff and a bit directionless tho. Lots of aimless cross field passing 40 yards out to go no where. And again for me, the usual suspects didn’t turn up today. I really just want to see the back of them now. They play well for a few games and then resort to type. We all know who they are as it’s been discussed on here countlesss times. Just fed up with the same outcome from them. This game today was all about showing the right attitude, from the start, not from half time. The sheep are pish so we should be putting them to the sword every single time.

Delighted we got a point considering but just can’t see us winning league when we don’t take the opportunities we get to claw points back.

The good.

Created enough chances to win 3 games.
Didn't lose. Clement unbeaten.
We'll win the League Cup in a canter.

The bad.

Poor chance conversion.
Sam Lammers.
Scottish officials.

All in all, 56 still on the way this year. Will take hundreds off anyone that says otherwise.
The disconnect I have with this bunch of pereniel losers is as bad as it was under John Greig, We should win the L Cup. But nah, they don't have it in them to win the league.

Today should have been about making a statement. We're on your tails. What did we get instead? We got sod all from them.

I'm sick to the back teeth with the lot of them.

Under PC, we have scored 19 and conceded 4, yet truth be told we haven't really been very good. I know he can only work with what he has at this time, so Jan will be interesting

The majority of this squad are failures and don't have the heart for a scrap when the pressure is on.Its going to take Clement a good bit of time to get what he wants Rangers to be and rid us of the deadwood.

Rolled in @0800 :rolleyes:

Woke up on 80 minutes to see us one nil down.

Fired the dogs out. Had a piss. Put the TV on and it's 1 - 1 :) Thank fukk for a point.

Back on it.

Will catch the 'highlights' later on.

Mutton molesting bastards.
About the best post on here
I'm talking about the whole season(s) so far.

Totally unacceptable.
and you sound like another spoilt brat.

If you are going to have a go at players - try Balogun or Sima - Aberdeen's best player!

The majority of this squad failures and don't have the heart for a scrap when the pressure.Its going to take Clement a good bit of time to get what he wants Rangers to be and rid us of the deadwood.
How much time does he have though, or can he be given even? Really need a strong Jan window, hopefully go into that with a cup already in the trophy room and something to build on.
League is massive with the increase in CL revenue, that's a sore one today where we let them away with one

The majority of this squad are failures and don't have the heart for a scrap when the pressure is on.Its going to take Clement a good bit of time to get what he wants Rangers to be and rid us of the deadwood.
The majority are far better than Aberdeen

The current champions got a last minute penalty yesterday and couldn't hold on to it.
Yes and they are still top of the league with more points than us heading into double digits we are winning nothing and have become serial second placers.We are winning nothing with certain people as captain.He is a brilliant player but no captain.

utterly depressing we cant beat that shower of shite and a lost opportunity ro put pressure on that mob as they stumble , these players dont have it in them to win this league

Dropping 2 points against them away as a one off is one thing but this isn't a one off, far from it.
Last season I never expected us to be any better than we were, we were consistently shite domestically. I've seen this group play a lot bette recentlyr though

Yes we have and given the huge boost a win would have given us, the performance was disappointing. And, yet, not for the first time as a squad. Managers can only do so much and so often.

Both headers just had to be better. Lammers miss was dreadful as well.

Thing about Balogun is he had a part in their goal as well along with Goldson.
We'd have been better bringing Robbie McCrorie on than Lammers, And I mean that! Not to replace Butland, but to play up front. Anyone but Lammers, in fact! A total and utter waste of a jersey.

Well, it is, because we end the weekend no closer to Celtic than when we started it.

That isn’t how you win titles.

I’m sick and tired of people making excuses for this team of bottlers.

We are absolutely rotten.
We will NOT win every game.
We've struggled for years up at Aberdeen.

Back